13. Bar

After eating a hearty meal at the boys' apartment, Jimin and I decide to call it a day.

"I'll see you guys soon." Jimin says to his friends, smiling from the doorway. He seems reluctant to go, so I push him out after my jacket is on. "Had a lot of fun!" I grin at the six of them before closing the door.

He smirks. "Too many hot guys in that room that you just had to get out?"

I feel my face heating up and consider denying it, but instead take the bold route. "Yeah, your friends are freaking gorgeous." I reply, walking off, hearing his "wait!" as I distance myself from him and the door.

+++

When I open the door to my apartment, I see a figure on the couch and, without a moment's hesitation, Jimin comes in front of me.

His stance is ready to punch as he sees the person, then asks, "Jung Hye?"

I peer over his shoulder as she looks at us. "Oh, hey." She grins.

I push past Jimin, sighing. I sit by her and say, "you scared us, Hye! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

She gives me a sad smile. "I'm going to Busan tomorrow. I wanted to hang out on my last day here. I guess I was kind of in a trance as I thought of moving." She looks at me. "Let's get wasted one more time, Kyung Mi."

+++

As we sit at the small table, I'm surprised to see Ha Joon walking over to us. He sits across Hye, next to Jimin, and smiles. "Hey guys."

I look at him, surprised. "What are you doing here, Ha Joon?"

He grins at Hye. "Ask her, she invited me."

Jimin and I face Hye, who suddenly looks shy. "What's the big deal? He's our friend, and I wanted to spend time with him too."

I shrug my shoulders. "Okay then. As long as you don't pull something." I warn him.

His mouth resembles a Cheshire Cat as he says, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I sneer. "Uh huh. Your pranks? Ring a bell?"

"Not at all."

+++

By the time Ha Joon comes back from the bathroom, Jimin and Hye are passed out. I only had a few drinks knowing I'd have to drive.

"Can you take him?" Ha Joon motions to Jimin.

I nod. "You just worry about getting Hye home. I won't be able to handle two drunk adults." He half smiles. "I'll see you later, Ha Joon. I'm just gonna sit here with him for a bit."

He has a confused look before saying, "uh, okay, then. See you later."

He picks her up gently, bids goodbye to me, and leaves.

"It's just us, huh, Jimin?" I look at his peaceful sleeping face and uncontrollably smile. He's really adorable.

"I wanted to thank you for protecting me like you have, Jimin. You're like a sidekick and friend to me, but once the Sparked Mafia guys are caught, we won't talk anymore. I don't look forward to that time."

I stroke his dark hair like the creep I am because I've secretly been wanting to--God, it's soft--and smile once more before getting up.

"It's time we get home, don't you think?"

I try positioning his body so that I give him a piggyback, but he's too heavy. I let out a frustrated groan.

"Ugh, why are you so fat?!"

"It's called muscle." He says, attempting--but failing--to sound sexy.

He shifts and opens his eyes. "You're not drunk?!" I exclaim.

He sits up and grins. "I have to keep tabs on you at all times. I can't go around getting drunk. And don't worry, sweetie, even when I'm not your bodyguard we'll keep in touch." He winks and starts walking away, leaving me blushing furiously.

Park Jimin, why do you hurt my heart like this?!