18. Coffee

I look at him dubiously. "What?"

He wheezes a little, smiling with his teeth. "Do you want to get coffee with me? I feel like I owe it to you."

I give him a half smile, nodding a little. No harm in it, and I mean I guess he means well. "You know what? I'd love to."

+++

"Hey, why don't I order and you get us a place to sit?" Dong Yoo asks, looking towards the counter.

"Sure. Can you get me a caramel macchiato and Jimin...?"

"Vanilla latte, please."

We end up choosing a booth with two small square tables in between. Jimin sits across from me as we wait for Dong Yoo to return with our beverages.

"I don't like him." Jimin says instantly.

Wow, blunt much. "Seriously, Jimin? At least give him a chance-"

"He's obviously just trying to seduce you."

Jimin POV

Silence hangs in the air for a moment as we both comprehend the words that have just left my mouth.

Damn, why did I say that? It doesn't make any sense!

...Am I jealous of that bastard? No...no that's not it.

He's just a fake, that's all. I mean, how can he go from being a dirtbag to Kyung Mi to then asking her to coffee?

Kyung Mi's face changes, muscles contracting and brows furrowing. "You want to take that back, Jimin?" Her voice is dangerously low.

I sigh. "Look, I'm-"

"Drinks are here!" Dong Yoo announces as he reaches our spot.

He slides in next to Kyung Mi and I look from him to her. They're both happy, smiling at the other. And I'm just sitting here as if I was a bratty ex.

I inhale deeply, allowing myself one more chance at redemption to show that I am not being a child. "Thanks for the drink, Dong Yoo." I say with a fake smile before taking a sip.

My mouth fills with the piping hot liquid for a few seconds before it escapes down my esophagus, leaving me with the sweet aftertaste.

"You look really pretty, you know.."

He trails off for a second as Kyung Mi blushes a bit at his compliment, causing anger to flood through my being. Why is he such a suck up?

"-with a food mustache. It suits your face." Dong Yoo finishes and bursts out laughing.

Ugh, so immature. I get a napkin from the holder and pass it to Kyung Mi, who quickly wipes the coffee foam from her upper lip.

Did he actually have to take back a compliment for something so stupid? Honestly, I have no idea how he got into MCOS.

They continue the conversation. "Dong Yoo, did you actually ask me out for coffee so you could act like a middle schooler?" She scolds, but ends it with a small smile. Is he endearing to her?

Suddenly, my senses heighten as my adept ears hear the smallest of whimpers. I turn my head to the source and see a male in a gray suit subtly push a smaller girl into a hallway in the back of the café.

"Um, I'm going to the bathroom." I cut through Kyung Mi's laugh in response to some joke Dong Yoo told and get up, speedwalking to the hallway the well-dressed man moved the girl into.

When I reach the corner and peek into it, I see him digging his tongue down her throat and her kissing him back with the same amount of passion. She lets out a moan and I uncontrollably gag.

I move away from the source of my discomfort and see the men's room. I rush into it for a second of privacy.

How bad would it have been if the guy had taken her there to rape her? It would've caused such a scene when I beat his ass out and, in all the commotion and my distraction, someone could've hurt Kyung Mi.

He looked so suspicious, too...
I rinse my hands and lather some soap onto them as a thought pops into my head. My lips split into a mischievous grin as the thought to take advantage of me being her bodyguard comes over me.

Sorry, Dong Yoo. Maybe next time.

After washing my hands, I run out of the bathroom and to our booth. The pair have gotten visibly closer since I left.

"Kyung Mi!" I say in a feigned anxious voice.

"What?" Her face becomes slightly worried at my tone.

"We have to get out of here. There was a really suspicious guy in the bathroom and-"

"And what?" She whispers.

"And I could've sworn I saw a spark on his shirt."

"Shit!" She curses, getting the message. She collects her things as Dong Yoo frantically asks what's going on.

"Um-I'll talk to you later, Dong Yoo." She scrambles up and I hold her wrist as we run to the exit.

If only she knew I was bluffing.

a/n: shoutout to ma girl lovemochii - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR! Have a good one!! 💕💕