56. Escape

A Sparked Mafia goon yanks me out of my chair while two others stand by in case I try to escape. The guy forces my hands together in front of me and handcuffs them. I look over to see Jimin in the same situation. Our eyes meet and his eyes show a calm expression, though one not filled a desire to fight back.

Is he really surrendering? Or does he have that much faith in the police?

They start pushing us towards a smaller hallway that leads us further into the darkness. Every so often I stop in place as a sign of rebellion, but a quick kick in the back of my knees sends my flailing to the ground, where I'm forced to resume walking upon getting up.

In after what seems like hours, but in reality was probably only a couple of minutes, I hear the walkie talkie in my ear open up. Hye starts communicating in a hushed whisper.

"Okay, it took us a minute but we've gotten some cops coming your way. Try not to arouse any suspicion until then." I try not to get too excited or start some irregularity in my walking pattern subconsciously as I wait for our reinforcements to save us.

I guess it's a good thing Jimin stopped me from raiding this place way back when. I was way in over my head.

"If you think they're going to save you, you're wrong." Hyukjae's voice cuts through the hopeful silence, dampening my happiness into despair. I stop in my tracks. I can't help it. Does he know?

His sharp laugh infringes on my thoughts. "So they are coming, ay?" Shit, I messed up! "Group 2, backtrack and get rid of their friends." Even though I can't see Hyukjae because of the darkenss, I can feel his smirking presence behind me.

Because of me, Hyukjae knows the police of coming.

Because of me, we're going to die here.

Because I showed weakness.

"Well, fuck that." I exclaim, teeth clenched. I yank my arm back and elbow the guy pushing me in the stomach. In the split second before he recovers, I whip around and bash my fist onto his head, hearing the satisfying crunch of his skull.

Ignoring my bleeding hand, I yell out, "Jimin!" before dealing with another goon around us by kicking him in his area twice. By the time he's on the floor, Jimin has freed himself minus his cuffed hands and we sprint in the opposite direction, blood flowing to my ears.

Suddenly, I feel like everything is going in slow motion. Jimin and I run, our footsteps echoing, Hyukjae's yells as he follows us traveling on the walls around us. I hear different voices, past memories of everything that lead me up to this point. Getting the first threat letter, Jimin coming into my life and then back in after leaving, reading Appa's letter, making the raid plan with my friends. Everything ended here, with Jimin and I running, for the first time, away from our problems.

Eventually, I hear a familiar voice. Its yelling. But I know it.

"Hurry, guys! Take a left!" It says.

"NAMJOON!" I scream happily, unable to control myself. We keep running until we reach the dimly lit room where he, the cops, and Hye stand unsurely. As soon as the latter and I make eye contact, we run towards each other, squealing.

"Kyung Mi!" Hye says happily as she wraps her arms around me. I stand there awkwardly, unable to return the gesture. She pulls back a little and looks at my cuffed wrists. "Oh, gosh, what happened to you?"

"We'll fill you in later, but Hyukjae is coming with his goons! Kyung Mi and I have to go, now!" Jimin commands, coming toward me. With that, him, Hye, Namjoon, two cops and I make our way to the safety of the vans.

I know I wanted to see Hyukjae get arrested, but I want to get the hell out of here now.