55. Plans Revealed

"Oh, someone get the girl a chair for Pete's sake!" Hyukjae outbursts, and almost immediately a man appears from the shadows grasping a wooden chair in his hand. He comes up to my fallen figure and grips my arm to lift me into the seat. I allow myself to loosen a little in the comfort of sitting down, watching Jimin who still stands closely in front of me.

"Comfortable, are we?" Hyukjae hisses as he dismisses the Sparked Mafia member, causing me to tense up once again. "No, you should be." He whispers as he creeps forward. "After all, you are my prize target." He snakes around behind me, causing Jimin to immediately turn around, and starts petting my head.

"Don't touch me."

"Don't touch her!"

Jimin and I demand at the same time. We make eye contact and Jimin smiles a little despite the dark situation. My heart pulls towards him and I wish it could just be us here.

Hyukjae takes a step behind me. I take the opportunity to stall some more.

"If I'm your 'prize target', why did you get In Su to put Jimin in jail for a whole year if you didn't take that time to attack me?" Jimin's head slightly turns down to me and puts his arm forward subtly. I take his hand and he squeezes mine; that wasn't a good time for our relationship.

Hyukjae laughs. "Ahh, what a great time that was. That was actually when we shifted gears. We went from wanting to kidnap you, Kyung Mi, to killing you."

My heart drops. "W-what?!" I start breathing heavily, images of all the times the Sparked Mafia put me in danger flashing before my eyes.

"Well, imagine how much it would pain your Dad if he was the reason for your death." Hyukjae laughs evilly and, if I wasn't in such shock, I would turn around and beat him up. How dare he try to do something like that.

Jimin, noticing the look of fury on my face, rubs his thumb on the back of my hand reassuringly. I force myself to inhale a sigh to calm me down.

Hyukjae continues. "My ultimate goal was to cause as much pain to Daeshim and Beom Soo as possible," he says, "and killing Kyung Mi was a good way to do that. If we made Beom Soo become mentally...away, we could make him get Kyung Mi in a place where we could attack her, effectively making him the reason she would die. However, he failed to do that before you lot came, so it seems like we'll have to finish the job in his place." He pauses. "We had to make him mentally ill, you understand, because he was a smart lad. He could've figured out loads about us with the help of Jimin."

Hyukjae walks balk into my peripheral and looks directly at Jimin. "Enter you. My old teammate, ex-pal, former comrade. Whatever the hell you wanna call it, you used to be extremely valuable in training our teams. I'm sure you only remember bits and pieces of it because we messed with your memory when you left the Sparked Mafia, but it was still enough information that you and Kyung Mi's father could've figured something out. Hence, we put you in jail to stop the communication between you."

Hyukjae turns to me. "And you. You must be confused, poor thing, as to why In Su came into your apartment with a gun, hmm?" I shudder uncontrollably at the thought of that horrible day. Jimin squeezes my hand, and Hyukjae's eyes flick toward the movement with a smile. He likes to see me uneasy. "Well, we'd intended to put a tracking device on Jimin while he was in jail, along with the one we'd already put on Beom Soo. We had to ensure that they wouldn't talk, but Jimin got out earlier than expected. In Su was supposed  to slip the device on Jimin and leave, but he had to create a scene and ended up in jail. So when you visited him there, he slipped it in your shoe."

Jimin frantically takes his shoe off and searches through it. A minute later, his fingers appear holding a small, blinking circle. "Damn you!" He yells, throwing it onto the ground and crushing it with his other shoe. How did In Su even manage to get that in there?

"Quite impressive, his sneaking abilities, ay?" Hyukjae asks with a smirk. "It's why we forced him to join us in the first place." The statement sends me in a moment of panic as I remember the promise we made to In Su.

"Where did you put In Su's family, Hyukjae?" I demand firmly, relieved that my voice doesn't shake.

He smiles. "Oh, you don't need to know that, considering we'll deal with you now. Men?"

Lines of men from either side of us appear from the shadows. My vision starts to blur as thoughts of them hurting us overtake my mind.