Epilogue

It's been seven years since the members of the Sparked Mafia were thrown into jail.

Jimin and I made lives for ourselves. After the wedding he gave up being a bodyguard so that he could be with me more often, and instead became an accountant. I got a job as a genetic counselor, which eventually made me yearn to have children.

After a year of trying, we discovered it was nearly impossible for us to conceive on our own. I had premature ovarian failure, which meant that I could likely never get pregnant.

It was the hardest news we took as a couple. We knew there were other options but we selfishly wanted to have a child that was our own.

A few months after hearing the news, we decided to set our hearts on just living our lives and seeing what came next.

I come home to Jimin preparing dinner. He beams when I come into view.

"Ahh, my beautiful wife is home!"

I laugh before looping my arms around his neck, inhaling his soft scent. We briefly kiss. "How was your day?" He inquires.

"Pretty good. Busy again, though. You remember my favorite unnameable couple who've been trying for months? They decided to adopt."

"Oh?" He asks, grinning. "That's good for them!"

"Yeah." I take my arms off his neck and look at the food set out on the counter. There are three dishes, which is more than we need.

"Honey, you didn't have to make so much food!" I exclaimed, mouth watering at the spicy aroma despite my words.

"Well, we're having guests." His eyes are lit up, meaning it's likely someone we haven't seen in a while.

I arched an eyebrow. "Aren't Jina and Bon Hwa supposed to visit in two weeks? Or is it Eunji?"

He chuckles but is cut off by my phone. "It's Hye," I state, picking it up. "Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"We're here, but your doorbell isn't working. Care to open the door?"

"Ah, so you're my surprise guests?" I'm not disappointed, but we see them weekly, so I wonder what made Jimin so excited.

"Yup. Sorry to get your hopes up when it's just your best friend visiting."

I laugh. "I'll get the door."

Hye, Namjoon, and their toddler Chin Hae are at the door, along with Hye's stepsister. "I see you brought Soomin along." I let them in and we all greet, going to the living room.

"I'm just here to watch this dummy, you know." She declares while gesturing at Chin Hae, proud to be able to babysit her nephew.

"Dummy?" He imitates obliviously, and Soomin bends down to his level, putting her hands on her knees.

"Yeah, Dummy. That's you." She points her finger against his chest and he falls down. He giggles before getting back up and yelling "again!" at Soomin.

I turn to Namjoon, who has his arm around Hye. I smile when I remember how they got together five years ago. After plotting with us to combat the Sparked Mafia, they often hung out as friends. I still remember the day Hye called me in a panic and told me she thought she started to like Namjoon but wasn't sure. "If Chin Hae is dumb, he obviously gets it from you."

"Obviously." He grins lazily, dimples prominent. Namjoon is the smartest one out of all of us, but we like to tease him about his intelligence.

After we let the four of them plate their dinners, Jimin stops me from doing the same. He takes out a hidden plate of scrambled eggs. "The kind you taught me how to make."

I gasp happily; it's been so long since we've had them. "Aww, Jimin, thank you." I bite out of the salty goodness and give him a thumbs up. "They're even better than I remember. But why did you make them today?" He gives me a knowing smile.

"I know they make you happy." I smile at his words and kiss his cheek, excited about his surprise meal. I start adding some other food to the eggs before sitting down at the table.

Halfway through eating, I notice something odd at the bottom of my eggs. I prod it with my fork before realizing it's a folded piece of paper. I pick it up, looking at my husband. "Jimin, did you taint my food? I swear to God if this says that you coated the eggs in laxatives or something-"

"Open it." He says eagerly.

I do as he says and speak the words written. "'Do you want to be a mother?', well of course I do!" I look at Jimin, but Hye has appeared next to me. There's a softness in her eyes.

"Kyung Mi, it would be my absolute pleasure to be your surrogate."

I gasp and cover my mouth with my hands. "You're joking."

She shakes her head and smiles. "Am I good enough to have your baby for you?"

Something catches in my throat and tears start running down my cheeks. I embrace her. "Of course. Thank you so, so much, Hye."

She kisses the top of my head before letting go. Jimin comes up to us and I stand up to face him. Upon seeing my face, his eyes start watering. We tightly hug. "Happy Bodyguard Anniversary, Kyung Mi." He whispers in my ear. I whip my head back at his mention of the day he became my bodyguard.

"No way, it's the 18th? Why did I think it was the 16th?"

He smiles through happy tears. "I hoped you would forget. I kind of told your boss to pile work on you this week." I whack his arm, bawling now.

"You...stupid..." I sob before bringing him into another hug. "I love you so much." I turned to Hye. "I love you." I looked, then, to Namjoon.

"You're okay with this?"

"What do you mean? I'm more than happy about it!"

I hug him, too. "Thank you, Joonie."

"Looks like you're the dummy now for being so oblivious to this whole thing." He mutters and I shoot him a glare.

"Shut up. That's the point of a surprise."

A surge of happiness runs through me and I pick Chin Hae up, twirling him around in the air and causing him to erupt in a fit of laughter. "I'm going to be a mom, Chin Hae! A mom!!"

Soomin wraps her arms around her waist. "I'm so happy for you guys." I pet her hair and thank her.

By the time they leave, it's late but I'm still buzzing with glee. I look at Jimin in the eyes as I lock the door.

"Did you enjoy tonight as much as I did?" He wraps his arms behind my back and starts swaying me back and forth.

"I did. Thank you, Honey." I start tearing up again and he laughs, kissing me with his sweet taste. "Happy Bodyguard Anniversary, Jimin."