38. Scrambled Eggs

Kyung Mi POV

I growl at the TV and close it. My team lost.

Jimin laughs. "Bitter, are we?"

I shoot a glare at him and cross my arms. Stupid Hale family.

"Dammit, and I was so ready to Instagram a picture of you in that shirt!" I think out loud.

Jimin doesn't wait a second. He pulls off his shirt, revealing the sculpted body underneath. I blush. "Jimin, what are you-"

He walks over to the white t-shirt I'd thrown on the ground and puts it on. I look at him, confused. "But you didn't lose the bet."

He smiles. "If it makes you happy, I don't mind wearing it."

My heartstrings pull toward him and I feel like melting into a pool of happiness. How do his words manage to have such an effect on me?

"Plus, I don't need you throwing a tantrum while you teach me to make eggs. I don't trust an angry Kyung Mi near a stove." He laughs.

My eyes narrow and I throw a pillow at him. "I am not throwing a tantrum."

"Yeah, kinda just proved my point there." He winks before striding out of my room towards the kitchen. Asshole.

+++

"No, stop that!" I laugh, scolding him. "I said to make a figure 8 with the spatula!"

He raises his brows while continuing to move the eggs in a different way. "But if they're scrambled eggs, I should be able to scramble them in any way I want!"

I roll my eyes despite his gaze staying on the pan. "I mean, you did ask me to tell you how I make my scrambled eggs, so..." I mutter. "But, yeah, scramble them that way and see how that goes for you."

He turns to me, the food temporarily forgotten. "You really don't like change, do you?"

I look at him, surprised. "I mean, I guess, why would you say that?"

He giggles. "Because you refuse to say eggs can be good if they're not stirred your preferred way. If you're so particular about even that then-"

"This is different! You asked me to teach you how to do them, and I did, but you're just not following my directions!" I defend, embarrassed.

"Mmhmm, and now you're too stubborn to admit I won."

"I wouldn't talk if I were you; you're still wearing that loser shirt and I can post a picture of you any time I want." I fight back.

"Not if you don't get a chance to take that picture." He lifts his shirt off for the second time today and I have to force myself not to stare at his abs. I see a tint of red on his cheeks and jump at the opportunity to make him uncomfortable.

"Ooh, is someone blushing?" I ask him.

"Yeah, it's because I'm hot. In more ways than one." He winks and I roll my eyes.

"Wow, just like when I met you at the mall I'm going to tell you straight up: learn to flirt better."

He smirks as he turns the stove off. "Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't waste my sexiness on you."

I make some kind of throaty noise in disbelief. Not only is he gorgeous, but he knows it. I love confident men.

I shake my head. You're supposed to be arguing with him, Kyung Mi! "The fact that you think you're sexy shows me just how much help you really need up here." I reply, tapping my head.

He gives me a lazy smile as he plates the eggs on two dishes, passing me one of them. "Try it." He says, and even though he sounds apathetic, the excitement dancing in his eyes as I put some on my fork says otherwise. He wants approval, so I definitely won't give-

"Fuck that's good!" I voice my thoughts as the warm goodness hits me. He laughs as if not expecting me to react so excitedly.

"Glad you like it." He says with a smile that reaches his eyes.