16. University

I look at my surroundings then at the printed map in my hands. I then look back up and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Jimin, help." I say defeatedly. He chuckles before taking the map from me.

"Your first room would be here," he points to a square on the paper, "and we're in section D, near these lockers." He points to a small row of rectangles. "So, we could either go through hallway C or-"

"Or you could just come with us." A familiar voice says from behind us.

I turn around and, to my huge relief, see my fairy godmothers for the day.

Jina and Eunji.

"Guys!" I say happily.

Jina moves a pink bang from her forehead before smiling at me. "We have time before our first class, so we can go find your classes with you."

"How do you know where to go?" I question.

"Oh, our siblings went here together, and we would always visit them together. At this point, MCOS is as easy to get around for us as any elementary school." Eunji says boredly.

"Damn guys." I say, impressed. "So convenient that we became friends."

Jina laughs. "Yup, our only use is to help you." She slings an arm around my shoulder.

"We are at your service, ma'am." Eunji mocks, bowing slightly before bringing her arm around my other shoulder.

I chuckle before clearing my throat. "How dare you simpletons touch me?!"

Immediately their arms leave me and they bow repeatedly, catching the gazes of passing students.

I laugh. "Okay, guys, you can cut it out. We don't want to be dubbed the weird kids on the first day." I whisper, "people are looking!"

They stop, but Eunji shrugs, her brown hair dislocating from the action. "Eh, screw them. Why should we care what they think?"

+++

As I start walking to my first class--a little late, because we lost track of time--I see the cute redheaded from orientation approach me.

Just wait 'till I tell those two who I saw.

"Hey, where can I find this room?" He asks, showing me a slip of paper. His voice is deep.

I can't believe I'm doing this. "Um, it's kind of hard to explain the way but luckily, that's my class. You can come with me." It's more of a demand than an offer, as I immediately walk around him and toward general chemistry and physics. I don't want to talk to him anymore, and besides, we're getting late.

He follows me silently as we go to the second building closest to us. As we jog up the stairs, the bell rings and I curse. The first day of my first year in university and already I have a tardy.

When we go inside the professor stops writing on the board to glance at us. "Names?"

"I am Han Dong Yoo, sir." The red haired man behind me replies, bowing.

"Lee Kyung Mi. I apologize for being late." I bow to him as well.

He nods. "Go sit." Then returns to writing on the board.

I go to the right-most seat of the second row, and Dong Yoo sits behind me.

He finally turns around to face the class. "Yes, hello. Nice to meet you all. A brief introduction on myself before we start the lesson." He puts the marker down. "I am Professor Chen. Born and raised in China, I moved to South Korea when I was twenty-three."

I let out an impressed hum. His Korean is fluent and articulate, and he doesn't seem to be very old, so in the time he spent here he learned the language well.

"I am now twenty-nine and I have a wife and two kids. Now," he says, "the first four weeks will be spent on chemistry and the next month will be on physics. The last week is general review and strengthening for your exam. Understood?"

We give a collective nod as he begins teaching.