10. Broken Glass

A/N:

I totally forgot to update yesturday! OMG! It's Taylor Swifts fault TBH because her album consumed me yesturday. Reputation literally is my life right now. Because I forgot to update I will do a double update, one today and another tomorrow.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________

I stared out the front window in the living room. The leaves were finally turning a crisp golden color showing that fall was on the rise. The wind was picking up the leaves that had fallen and lifted them into the air in a whirlwind. The sun continued to peek through white clouds, shining down onto the front deck of our home.

A black Ford pickup parked in front of the house, followed by a red Bronco that had the golden letters of 'Sheriff' on the side. My heart began to pick up pace at the idea that the woman whose life I ruined was sitting in one of the vehicles. I was worried, beyond worried, that this family breakfast would turn into a shit show pretty quick.

Mads was quick to realize my struggle as his hands quickly engulfed me in his arms from behind. I wasn't shocked nor scared because I could tell that Mads had been staring at me from afar and his footsteps were distinctly different from others. His arms wrapped around my waist, his head lowered to my neck, kissing the nap of it then ascending towards my jaw. His soft lips were like heaven, causing me to indulge in them by closing my eyes and leaning back into him.

"You smell so good, what is that?" He whispers.

"Some new perfume, I'm not sure exactly. I got it a long time ago and forgot about it," I say.

He kisses right under my ear, his lips sucking onto my skin harshly, nipping for a moment then slowly licking the skin where he marked me.

"You shouldn't do that," I say scolding.

"Just showing people what is mine."

"Don't let the twins get under your skin, their just trying to annoy you," I explain.

"Well it's working."

We are silent, watching the rest of our family leave their vehicles. They gather by the Bronco and have a quick exchange in words.

"Could you do me a favor, sweetheart?" He says ever so sweetly yet it still worries me.

"Of course," I say sighing.

"Could you wait in the bedroom while I have a talk with Kristi?"

I knew it had to be something like that. He probably wanted to apologize, which he should. I understood that her words were harsh but being too empathetic for my own good. I was engulfed in guilt, I mean if Mads and I hadn't fallen in love, Kristi and Will would be married. Part of me was worried however, with how fast they pushed each other away it seemed that there was no real love. I didn't know what had happened, but their words had been unforgivable in the end and caused them to hate each other, I only hope that the end result for Kristi and Will isn't the same for Mads and Kristi. They are family after all, blood relatives. They are stuck together for life.

"Okay," I say.

He kisses my neck again, sucking a new spot, probably leaving a purple mark on my skin.

"Can we have one breakfast were you two don't cause us to vomit due to the PDA?" Reed whines.

"Yea, it's really...annoying," Christopher chimes in.

"Don't be so jealous," I say giggling as Mads continues to suck my neck.

"I wouldn't be if Uncle Mads didn't suck you like a fucking vampire," Reed continues.