36. New Memories

A/N:

There is a restricted version of this chapter.

There is only 1 chapter left and then you'll have to wait until summer for the 3rd and final book.

Lots of love

- Annelie Leddy

_______________________________________

Allison

When we arrived at the Inn, I was completely confused. I thought we would be going home but it was like Mads had read my mind.

As Kristi pulled into the gravel parking lot, Mads explained.

"I thought we could stay here for a while. I thought being back home would bring back memories," he explains.

He was a gift from God. Always knowing what to do and what to say, sometimes I truly wondered if he could read my mind.

We stepped out of Kristi's Toyota Corolla and took in the fresh air. No more weird antiseptic hospital smell. I felt free almost.

Mads and I went inside and instantly navigated ourselves to room 11. We could have used the presidential sweet but who were we kidding? Room 11 was like a home away from home.

Mads was already tired due to his pain meds so I took the liberty of taking off his shirt and shoes for him even though he protested. When it came to his belt and slacks though he began to get cocky.

"Don't even think about it," I scolded.

After he was left in boxers, sexy as usual, I kissed him goodbye, letting him rest in silence. I went down the stairs to the great hall and found Kristi pacing near the fireplace.

Once my presence was known she nearly jumped, moving towards me eagerly.

"I was wondering if you needed some clothes. I could run to the house for you and-" before she could continue I let the words that had been harboring inside me slip.

"Spill it, whats up with you? You've been too eager to help, too nice. I accepted your apology and Mads is working on his dissapointment towards you, so why do you keep forcing this act?"

She sulks, her shoulders now down, her head moves with them. She looks like a child being scolded. I felt bad but only for a moment.

"Mads was right... my mother would be dissapointed in me. I might not be like her, head strong, bubbly, smart. I did get one thing from her..." Kristi trails off.

Oh. My. God.

The answer hit me. Drugs. She had started taking drugs?

"Don't worry it's not meth... its alcohol," she explains.

I am relieved but still fear arises.

Kristi is far from being a good person. She is a bitch. She is a shallow, inconsiderate, selfish, egotistical, ruthless bitch. Kristi is also family.

While I live and breath, Mads is my man. Whether we get married, or downgrade to just lovers, he will always be mine. Whatever comes with Mads is also mine, including his family.

"It started in Mexico... dragged onto my travels in Denmark. Out of all people, Troy helped me..."

His name makes my skin burn.

"I know what he did to you and I truly hate him for it. He helped me wing-off of it safely then finally I was able to say that I was sober. It's been a month now. The stories he told me, about what I said and did-"