34. The Kill

Allison

Mads had strangled Johanne but he didn't kill him.

Mads broke Johanne's wrist, his leg, a few ribs, his nose. Mads even decided to whip Johanne until there were endless scars on his chest.

I was so out of it. From the pain, the fear, the endless dizziness, I had passed out well into the fight. Mads had dragged Johanne through our home until they were outside. Beating him senseless until Johanne had actually asked Mads to kill him.

Johanne of course got punches and kicks in which worried me about Mads's condition. Although Mads was stronger, Johanne was very strong as well.

I didn't wake up in a hospital but instead awoke to the sound of sirens.

My body trembled, faint memories rushing through my brain.

Help me! Save me! Please!

I felt hands grasp my body, flipping me onto my back. Pain scortched through my back and face.

I heard a voice call out to me but I couldn't make it out. I tried to move, I tried to push myself but it was useless.

I heard constant voices, whispers and shifting of objects and people. Soon I couldn't take the constant noise and my body again fall into a deep sleep.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°

When I awoke at the hospital there was no Mads in sight. Oddly enough, Kristi was there. Her hand was holding mine. Her puffy and red eyes were closed as she slept in a chair. Her skin was pale and her body was slumped awkwardly.

I was able to move my body, shifting to sit up straighter. I felt her hand grasp tighter. I was in no way, shape, or form okay or sane at this moment. I was shaking profously in a matter of seconds.

"Allison!" I hear Kristi exclaim. She was quick to move from her chair to the edge of the bed. I felt her arms wrap around me, pulling me to a hug.

It was odd, knowing how much she hated me but continued to hug me. She shushed me as I cried, making her expensive dress damp with tears. She told me that everything would be okay and that Mads was okay.

I could only say his name. I begged her to tell me where he was but all she said was that I needed to calm down.

After several minutes of crying, she was able to let go of me. She went to get a nurse dissapearing for only a few minutes then returning.

"Hello, Mrs. Struhst, how are you feeling," the doctor says stepping into the room. His voice was soft and sweet sounding.

"She isn't married to my uncle," Kristi comments but in a way that isn't rude. It was odd, how Kristi was being caring but I didn't want that to bother me.

My stomach clenches as the doctor approaches. I feel sick, questioning everything that everyone does.

The doctor looks familiar but I can only speculate that I had met him once or twice through Mads.

He is short, had shiny dark skin with a bald head. He was smiling wide but it soon faded as he approached. His head was round, his posture was tall and straight. He was wearing a grey button down shirt, a lab coat over it, with black slacks and leather shoes.

"Where is Mads," I ask, my voice cracks from crying.

"He's fine. He's in the room next to your's. He is resting," he explains.

I feel pain arise in my chest, my heart beats incredibly fast, my head feels light and soon I am panting.

"Calm down, Allison. You need to calm down for Mads's sake," Kristi pleads.