Easter Lilies

The Easter lilies protruded from the damp soil as you sat in front of them. You placed the various stones and gems that you went back inside to get gently on top of the surface around the lilies. You've come to terms that what your mom did revolved around her personal views and that you can't change what ever happened in the past. You let out a gentle sigh as you sat completely on the ground. There was no breeze since the garden was literally inside a dome in the middle of the hideout.

      "Mom.......why did it have to be like this." You whispered as you looked at the rain clouds through the crystal clear glass. The rain had stopped and the unusual silence overwhelmed you. You looked at the ground as you grew deep in your thoughts. Not hearing the sound of shoes against cement getting closer to you.

       The person sat to the right of you and said nothing. He observed the pattern you made in the soil with the crystals. He gave a small hum alerting you of his presence.

       "Itachi..? Whatt are you doing out here?" you asked.

       "I could ask you the same." He said looking you in the eyes before showing concern. "Is something wrong?" The question startled you a bit before you regained your composure.

       "Kinda.....but I don't want to bore you with my nonsense." You laughed. He gave you a sad smile.

       "The other night..when you brought me out here, you said I could talk to you about anything. I'd like to do the same for you." He calmly stated. You were quiet for a while before responding.

       "You're right." You turned to face him. "I'll try to keep it as simple as I can." You said in an apologetic tone. He left out a tiny unseen smile before facing you also.

       "Begin whenever you'd like." He said.

       "Well basically when I brought the old lady here she told me a bunch of stuff about my mom so I went to investigate her old house." He nodded along to every word. "It was old and decaying, untouched for many years obviously. All of her belonging were still there, all the plants were dead, and I found this pendant." You took it off your neck to show him show him, he examined it and opened the pendant.

        "It would seem they had a very loving relationship." You nodded.

        "That's what I thought too.....before I fell through the floor." His brows furrowed.

       "you're not hurt are you?"

      "No I'm fine, but back to the story. I found a skeleton under the floorboards.....here's the note I found with it." Handing him the note you looked at your lap, just noticing the slight tear you received from the fall etched into your clothes. Itachi's lips formed a small frown.

      "She....killed him." He mumbled.

      "Yes and.....I....I dont know how to feel about this....she-she ruined my life Itachi! And my 'dad' tried to stop it! we could have lived a normal life but she just HAD to make her child immortal!" You vented. "I understand everything happens for a reason but....why....why us....I just want to scream,cry,throw a tantrum, anything! But that would be childish of me I guess."

       "You are still young y/n, it's only natural for you to feel such emotions." He stated. You placed your face in the palms of your hands. He thought you were just frustrated. before you started shaking.

      He froze. What Are you supposed to do in this situation? His training didnt teach him this! In a slight panic he wrapped his arms around you since this is what he usually saw when people consoled others. You stopped crying abruptly and took your hands away from your face. Did he do something wrong? No. You wrapped your arms around his waist as best you could and sobbed into his chest. Just go with the moment y/n just go with it.

     Moments passed until you finally pulled away from him. You gave an apology for losing your composure, though he just brushed you off saying that emotions are overwhelming at times and that he understood. You gave a tiny nod before standing up.

     "I should go inside....thank you Itachi...for listening to me." He handed you back your belongings and stood up as well making his way to the bench in the center of the garden. You sighed, you never would have thought itachi would be the person you vented to. Though he was very understanding about it.

     Closing the door behind you, you proceeded down the empty halls. A new feeling washed over you as you suddenly developed butterflies in your stomach. What the fuck. You thought as they went away. Your mind drifted back to itachi and they came back.

      Oh fuck no...do you...like him???? Maybe, but who wouldn't. You crossed your arms and continued down the hall, your little crush would go away soon or so you hoped, at a time like this there was no place for being in love. You shook away all of your thoughts and opened the door to the living room.

    "sup adults." You said as you sat on the end of the couch.

     "Sup asswipe." Hidan said from the other end. You rolled your eyes as pain entered the room.

      "Y/n, Hidan, I have a mission I'd like you two to address." He stated standing directly infront of you both. You nodded and Hidan rolled his eyes too.

      "Ya? And what's that?" Pain scoffed before continuing.

     "There is a man that has been hanging around here for bit too long...I want you two to find him and see what he wants. Kill him if you must." Pain turned to exit the room as you faced Hidan.

      "Fuck yes!" You both said in unison. It had been forever since it was just you and Hidan. Out killing whoever the hell you want to ultimately sacrifice for Jashin. You both got up and exited the building. The dangerous duo.

          Probably wouldn't be back for a while.