coming down

You stretched your arms put lazily as you walked beside Hidan. The both of you were hyped up to find the new sacrifice, but what you weren't ready for were the excruciatingly long hours it would take to find them.

    "Can't you do some shit with your eyes and find them?" Your temporary partner groaned out the complaint.

     "Oh actually I can." You heard him inhale about to yell at you for your 'stupidity'. "I lied, if I could we would be fighting them right now.....dumbass." You heard him scoff.

      "Well excuse me." He said under his breath.

      "You're excused~" you smirked. Knowing you pissed him off just a bit more. You felt the brute force of a fist connect with your arm. You were about to repay the favor until you sensed the presence of a third party. You nodded at Hidan and you both got in position. The wind suddenly sounded louder and you couldn't sense anyone anymore. The surrounding area went cold and not even the insects and animals made a sound.

      "Are you sure there's anyo-" Hidan was cut off by a shuriken to the arm. Another came in you direction but you dodged it. Hidan gave a dramatic groan and pulled it out. A group of around twenty people came out of the surrounding trees. "I though our 'leader' said there was only gonna be one fucking guy? What the fuck is this?" He exhaled.

      "This is an ambush" you got back into position. "You wanna try out our new moves?" You grinned at the smirk that made its way to his face.

1
2
3
4

     People dropped left and right as you both did advanced techniques to kill them all. Hidan kneeled down setting in motion the next move. You got a running start and jumped on his back and use your momentum to get more air, and get higher in the sky. Everything was slow motion, you were pretty high in the air as your coat flared around you and your knees slightly bent towards you chest as you pulled out various senbon. It was like something out of the movies.

     Forcefully throwing the senbon at your attackers, most of them stuck in vital nerves and organs that hindered them useless. When your feet connected with the ground once again three fourths of your opponents had dropped. The remaining two begged for forgiveness, mercy, and their life.

       But the life of a ninja isn't worth anything, all they are.....are tools to this disgusting world.

     "You wanna see something cool?" Hidans eyebrow arched and a shimmer of hope flashed through one of them men's eyes. 'This kid is really gonna let me go!' You could only assume he thought. You sneered and kicked him forcefully in the gut. He coughed up a bit of blood notifying your success. Your eyes activated immediately, as they do at the sight of even the smallest amounts of blood.

      He could feel it. The blood inside him being manipulated. It no longer flowed through his beating heart, but controlled his whole body. He stood up against his will as the young girl gave a bemused smile. His friend, and comrade, looked at him with a questioning expression. This man was about to do something he would never do on his own accord. Lifting his kunai he brought it down into his own stomach as his friend watched in horror. The man beside the girl let out a sadistic yet proud laugh and placed a firm hand on her shoulder, to which she smiled. Like a kid being praised for doing her chores. But I guess in a way....this was the akatsuki's chore. By the time he paid attention to his friend, they had already collapsed and were bleeding from the head, a kunai protruding from his skull. What had he done? Meanwhile he felt his own blood make its way excruciatingly slow into his nostrils...until he slowly drowned in his own fluid.

   A success. You thought. You honestly didn't think it would work! But...there's alot of things you didn't think would happen.

   "Good job bitch! I didn't honestly think you could actually do some interesting shit!" He laughed and placed a hand on your shoulder as the man stabbed his friend.

    "And I didn't think you would be useful on this journey." You sassed back. "But I will never regret meeting you." He was silent for a while before squeezing your shoulder.

    "Your not so bad yourself...y/n" He said. And just like that the two of you had got a bit closer.

     "We should do something with these bodies so we can go home." You reluctantly broke the bonding silence, and you both got to work at praying to jashin and hanging the bodies from trees for people to see and know not to come anywhere near the akatsuki hideout ever again.

     The way back to the hideout wasn't as anxious and dreadful as it was when you both set out. Knowing something was waiting for you, rather than knowing something was running from you resulted in two different mindsets. The first was a comforting feeling that felt like something warm had made its way into your 'heart' and caused you to feel as if you belonged. The second....made you feel like a predator, taking joy in seeing the egotistical ninja run from you. And taking pride in knowing the honest and strong ninja cowered before you. It was something you oddly took a liking to, something that made you feel superior. Something Haku wouldn't want you to do.

     You let out an unnoticeable sigh as you arrived at the front door. Taking a deep dive into your thoughts proving to be an efficient time passer. You walked in seeing a concentrated kakuzu counting and organizing his money and a equally concentrated konan folding paper to make origami. Zetsu passed the door and made his way to the garden. You couldn't quite back up with facts the reason you distrust zetsu. Since after all it was just an instinct you chose to acknowledge and avoid him.

     Deciding to leave the living room dwellers be and let Hidan annoy them, you went to the kitchen. Where a debating kisame stood with the fridge open.

    "Looking for something?" You asked the obvious question. He jumped before looking at you and let his shoulders slump again.

    "Ya." He briefly stated. "I was looking for you."

    "In the fridge?" You snorted. He sighed.

    "I was thinking about my past....and I thought about zabuza. If it doesn't make you uncomfortable, could you tell me how he was when you met him." He sincerely asked. Your eyes widened a bit before they went back to their normal size. You might as well tell him, you felt like a parent telling a naive child about someone you once knew.

     "Zabuza.....was amazing. He didn't like me at first and treated me as a nuisance. But I saved his life once by throwing myself in front of a blade for him. That day I gained his trust, and realized he didn't think I was a nuisance at all. Him and Haku took me in when I was 9 and died when I was 12 so there's not much i can really tell you. Except for the fact that he seemed uptight all the time. He never relaxed. Haku literally had to force him to sleep at night." You chuckled at the faint memory. "In his last moments..... His whole facade dropped. He wasn't evil, he wasn't a machine, and he wasn't emotionally disconnected. He was a human......and I got to see that side of him first hand." You went silent and single tear slid down your cheek, but nothing more. "What i wouldn't give to have them back.....if not for my belief everything happens for a reason, I would probably live in remorse that its all my fault." Your eyes darkened. "I'd rather get payback." Your fist clenched and your knuckles turned white. All the depressing thoughts in the back of your head turned to anger and remorse.

     He placed a hand over yours. You looked into his sharky face and he gave you a determined look.

     "You're one of us now, our goals are one, we will help you along your path. Whether you choose to kill them or spare their lives."