Redemption

(ATTENTION: For those of you that read the chapter 'where your destiny lies' I deleted it cause I totally forgot a key part of the actual series REWRITE TIME!)

    For weeks you had slept. In the darkness of your consciousness. Blinded by redemption and a sense of false perfection. The perfect world was nearly in your grasp. But the Akatsuki was naive. How could one hope to fight for something....damn near impossible.

     For weeks after the deaths of pai- nagito and konan, you wept. In a puddle of questions and the doubtfulness of your own answers. How could you? A pointless battle you had assisted in. May be the cause of something more.....the downfall of the shinobi world. Regret, grief, and disgust racked through you.

     .....you were never avenging Zabuza and Haku...you were burying yourself in a grave full of lies and rampage. They must be disgusted with you.

     As you slept you saw in your conscious. A piece of the world that the remains a jashin were showing. For he lived on in your head. Visions of war, the rebirth of an unbounded power. The deaths of those.....who wanted nothing more than to befriend you.

    Naruto.....

    Sakura.......

    Sasuke......

     A boy who never lost hope in you. A girl who believed you would change. And an outcast.....who was very well on the same road as you.

     In these spoken weeks you changed. You wouldn't let them die, you just couldn't. And with the help of the Akatsuki maybe you all could be something else. Maybe you could rehabilitate them....and help save the world. Though you wouldn't force them, you made up your mind.

       You're going to fight in the war. Regardless of your reputation.

     After hours of training in the rain you went back inside the hideout. You broke the news to the Akatsuki and your mother. She was reluctant to let you go and ultimately decided that you were doing the right thing. For she also wants the best for this world.

      "You're my daughter y/n and I love you more than anything. I believe in you.....just please try not to injure yourself too bad."

     Itachi..after sitting in silence of hearing your explanation came clean about his motives. Why he became part of the Akatsuki. And the reasons why he would join you in your battle.

     "I've devoted myself to the leaf. And I will protect it, be it's victory or defeat. And y/n....you've done so much for me...I would like to devote myself and fight with you for as long as I can."

    Hidan. Obviously. Let out various profanities in his explanation of why you shouldn't go, but decided he would stay at the hideout along with the rest of the Akatsuki.

     "Listen bitch, this isn't your fucking fight! Why the hell are you going to defend that piece of shit village!?......whatever, I'm staying here...its not my fight."

     The others agreed claiming they'd help you had it not been the fact that you are helping their enemies. But they are indeed in dept to you. Since after all you did save a majority of their lives.

    The following day you found them to be reluctant to let you go. Trying one last time to convince you other wise. But this was the only way....the only way to make up for years of blindness.

    And surprisingly they understood, and accepted your decision. You and Itachi would be gone for a while. But there is no doubt in you mind that you would be back.

   The road was perilous but nothing against the two of you. Fighting together against the masses of zetsu's on the way to that one spot. That spot in the land that jashin showed you. The valley where everyone's fate will be decided. There were times where you second guessed yourself.... Because how dare you try to protect the people whom tried to be your friends. But you would make it through.

    You're search was in vain but you found someone. A man from your past. Kakashi Hatake. Leading a platoon of soldiers. You sighed in delight. But how would you approached? How would they react to the two of you being here? Itachi placed a steady hand on your shoulder, and you knew everything would be ok.

    You and Itachi jumped down. Not behind them, they would think your trying to assassinate them. Not in front of them, they would take it as a challenge. But to the side, where they would think you made a appearance purely by mistake.

     "Itachi Uchiha and.....y/n l/n from the Akatsuki..... What are you two doing here?" Kakashi said in a cold yet concerned voice. The men behind them got in position. Gai gave glances of determination. But behind his sensei you could see Lee who caught your eyes in his. He remembered you, he looked at you with hate and gave a challenging glance. But he held it a while longer and his face shifted into one of confusion and empathy.

     Maybe he could see the raw emotion in your dull e/c eyes. Dull from the endless nights you stayed up and debated over everything. Dull from the moment you realized you shoved everyone out just as people shoved you out.

    "I'm not here to kill you...if that's what you mean." You stated softly. Causing kakashi to raise a brow. "But rather to.....help. I've had time, time to rethink everything I've done and why I did it...I've come to the conclusion that I've been running a fools erand." You sighed.

     "You can't just suddenly decide to change side after everything you've done." Gai said.

     "If I could simply change sides I would have weeks ago. I wouldn't have lied awake at night deciding to leave my mother...someone I just found to stay with my family of run away criminals and I wouldn't be standing before you now. I know I must earn and gain your trust....even if you die before I can do so...I'm willing to fight for the shinobi world cause in the end don't we all just want peace?" You said on edge. Itachi's large hand found its place in the center of you back, reminding you that you weren't alone in this.

      Kakashi and the rest were silent. Some soldiers considered while some downright refused. The crowd got louder and the anxiety in your chest spread until kakashi's voice rang out.

     "QUIET!" the noise halted and the silence consumed you.

     "We would be smart to acknowledge you and him as a threat..but wise to allow you to be our Allies." He stated.

      "I would give up immortality.....and even die, if it meant redemption." You pleaded. He nodded, for that was all he needed to know you were genuine.

      "Welcome y/n to our platoon of soldiers, on our way to fight for this world...and the people we care about." You smiled. And genuine smile that he had never witnessed, that anyone but the Akatsuki had seen. A small smile danced on Itachi's  as well. "And welcome back, Itachi." He concluded as itachi nodded.

      But in times of happiness must come times of misfortune. The ground began to shake. The earth split apart and then you could see it. At first shock and confusion embraced you. As the tombs stuck out the ground. And then despair made you drop to your knees as Itachi knelt down to ask you what was wrong. You placed a hand over you mouth to stop from vomiting. You should have known that fate wouldnt let you be happy that easily. For when you looked up again.

      Your eyes caught Zabuza's dark and dead ones.