Chapter 4: New Girl

Willow

She steps out of the train with a skip in her step. A big smile was on her face as she views her surroundings. The train station was indoors unlike the one back home. The building was large and bustling with people. Willow walked across wooden floors and views the televisions, couches, and booths to get tickets. She was used to small things, nothing like this.

The train ride took five hours until she reached her destination. By now, someone should've found her stepfather's mutilated body. She had created the torture chamber out of their very own basement. It won't be hard to find him if he was searched. (Who knows what they'll think when they see the place.)

Willow had cut her long hair to shoulder length and dyed her grey white hair to a raven black color. She didn't want anyone to know about her albinism. They would think she was weak because of her . . . disease . . . as her stepfather called it. One of the other reasons she decided to kill him.

She finds a stand that had all kinds of pamphlets for different things in New York. Fingering through the many pamphlets, she picks out three. One was for the shopping centers, another for tourists attractions, and the last one was for apartments. Willow knew she can't afford an apartment without a job so she'll have to find someplace else for the time being.

Willow walks out of the train station and into the city of New York. The air was cold enough to cause goosebumps to run up her skin. She had on a long sleeved shirt but it wasn't enough because of the thin material. 'December is colder here than back home.' Willow thought. 'I'm gonna need to get some new clothes.'

She walks down a busy sidewalk toward where she guesses are clothing stores. 'First, clothes. Then a place to crash.' she thought as she fingers through her wallet. Through the years, she's collected as much money she could find and steal. Hiding the money where her stepfather could never find it. She had a job as a kennel assistant but she searches for loose change wherever she goes.

Noticing a small store not far from where she was walking, Willow quickly walks toward it. The cold was already getting to her. She tucks her fingers under her armpits as she heads inside to warm them up.

'It'll take me forever to get used to this place.' she thought as she breathes in the warm air. 'Pittsburgh is definitely warmer.'

"Hi! Welcome to Aristotle Boutique." welcomed a young worker who had to be a few years older than Willow. (Who was eighteen.) The girl had long brown hair with aqua colored streaks. She had a soft smile on her face as she greeted Willow.

"Hi," Willow said shyly. Despite being a psychopath, she is very shy. (An outcome of her stepfather's abuse.) "Do you have any coats for sale?" she asked hopefully. She looks around the store and notices there weren't much people.

"Are you new in town?" asked the worker as she decides to walk next to Willow. She doesn't look to be judging as she eyeballs Willow. "You don't seem to be a native to New York." she added so not to insult Willow.

Willow let out a nervous laugh as she nods. "Just arrived. Now I just need a job and a place to stay." she said with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. She began to scour through the coats they had on the racks. One caught her eye: a red plaid coat that was both soft and thick with a wool collar. Checking the price tag, she mentally leaps for joy when she saw it was only twenty dollars.

'This'll do for now.' she thought as she folds it over her arm. She turns around to tell the worker that she was ready for checkout, and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw how close the woman was. Not too close to raise alarm or be uncomfortable. Just close enough to make Willow blush uncontrollably.