Rise Of Pandora: X. Have Faith

"Death to the Deathknights!"

- Atlas

II. Foreigner, The Northern Regions Of The Colossal Snowpeak Woods

Gaijin had been roaming about for some time. He had left the open pasture which he landed on and had been walking through the forests of the Colossal Snowpeak Woods ever since. Every expression on his face conveyed his bewilderment.

"It is astonishing..."

The trees?

"Yes. I had not seen trees in such a long time. The rocks, snow, rain, animals—"

Indeed. Those were very dark times for us all. I am glad to see the world is well again.

Gaijin wandered closer to the trees, smelling and feeling the hard thick bark and piny leaves. "I had forgotten how they felt like." Gaijin smiled. "Prometheus, may I ask you something?"

Yes?

"How are you speaking to me right now? I did not know you owned such a power."

I did it after I put your body to sleep and rested you upon the cloud I created.

"I see...may I ask another question?" Gaijin inquired politely.

You can ask me anything you wish, Prometheus intimated. I cannot guarantee you an answer to those questions, however.

"Where are you? Are you still on Pangaea?"

I am.

"Where?"

Prometheus sounded hesitant at first but after a couple of seconds filled with silence, he responded, I am somewhere. I do not know for sure but I am on a mountain top. That much I do know. But, let us not focus on me. The issue of Pandora is far more pressing. However, I do promise you this—If the time comes where you do need to seek me, I will guide you."

Gaijin sighed and kept walking. "Do you think they will still come for me?"

The Erinyes?

"Yes..."

Gaijin unexpectedly caught a whiff of smoke which took his attention off of their conversation. He wandered further past the cluster of trees and his sight fell upon flaming bushes and toppled trees in the distance. He ogled at curiously with prying eyes. 

"What is going on..." He asked rhetorically whilst gazing at the fires that corrupted the forest. 

I. Poet, In the Northern Region Of The Colossal Snowpeak Woods

Regaining consciousness, Maddard recognized that he was being carried. His belly was on the shoulder of that black-haired stranger but he could not feel it. There were no sensations in any part of his body that he could feel. Although his breathing remained constant, his body emulated the stiffness of a rock. The person carrying Maddard groaned the more he traversed and stepped over several fallen branches and mounds of snow that settled to make the terrain more troubling to travel.

He was scanning several directions of the flaming forest, his eyes constantly moving. He seemed to be in a hurry, his cautious walk quickly evolving into quick careens across the forest floor. But, he soon perceived a hoard of Deathknights in the distance charging towards him. He stopped and browsed his surroundings.

Tired, he resolved to place Maddard down and quickly took shelter behind a large stone he had spotted. The rain was bothering him. It made it far more difficult for him to see than he would have hoped. He reached for the necklace around his neck and removed the mask again. He placed it against his face and then slid the dark sword out from his sheath. There was an odd light beaming from the sheath as he removed the blade. His breathing regulated to a calm and steady pattern, he waited behind the rock until he could no longer hear the hoards of rushing Deathknights trampling towards him. He sighed in disgust as he watched those horrid creatures which they rode upon. They were so large and unnatural. The Deathknights, too, were not a sight for kind eyes—empty suits of armor blazing with torrid flames and smoke. He ducked his head back and took deep breaths, preparing to do battle if need be.