Rise of Pandora: LIX. Wax Wings

"."

-

V. Gift, Approaching the Southern Imperium, Kaoacien

Compared to the imperiums to the west, north, and east, Kaoacien was quite the hot and arid expanse of land. It was rich with sand in most parts and intense rays  blanketed most parts of the land. But today there was not a beam of light to be seen in the southern end of the country. The numerous cities of the large country were overwhelmed by endless stretches of shadows. The highest towers and all the great and noble manors were shrouded by darkness. Overhead was a vortex of deities that collided and crashed against one another, each emitting a ghoulish fetor from their bodies. This dread-inducing imitation of a night sky lingered high in the air. Not a shred of light could penetrate the collective enigma that was Pandora and her perpetual spread of nightmarish entities. Causing a bustling wind to swirl like a moist and odorous whirlwind, those deities were like a living storm cloud.

In the kingdom below, there were intense cries of fear as the darkness encroached further into the land. Pandora rested on a large clump of deities, a large clump consisting of what was likely hundreds of deities, that were isolated from the rest. It was almost like sitting on a cloud that moved on its own. Her eyes were keen and her face was steeled as she scoured down at all the land hundreds of feet below her. She could hardly make anything out besides tiny objects that looked like insects.

They were headed northbound with the wind pounding her soft skin. With the sun shining solely on her, the radiant strands of red hair burned a blazing orange and with the grace of the sun's shining rays accentuating the green tint that was immersed into her skin. To her right was that hulking mass of armor who sat resting in a kneeled position while glaring forward. It took the effort of hundreds of deities to keep the heavy individual afloat. It was quiet and still, and the fire in its body was blue and still, resembling something of a small ember shining. To Pandora's left was the large gray man who sat down besides her. He gazed ahead with a stern and focused face, similar to Pandora. He was speaking to her, telling her of how strong she must keep her mind and how focused she must be at all times. He told her about the opposition she will be facing. He even at one point intimated to Pandora the true meaning of what the word 'Dakini' meant. Dakini symbolized the enlightened woman or the woken feminine energy. He told her that she was their enlightened mother and that they dedicated their entire way of being and society in her honor thousands of years ago after she dethroned the old gods. There was not a single inch of the southern region belonging to Kaoacien that was not assailed by her bountiful storm of tiny destructive creatures. She could hear the screams. Yes, even with that grand of a distance did not separate her from the ear-shattering cries and panic that poured across the country.

Kaoacien was the largest of the countries that identified themselves as the four imperiums: the north, formally addressed as Shyonnississ, the west which was known as Brolos, and lastly the imperium to the east, Azorra. Where Brolos was known for their free-way of life, pride for country and diverse culture, where Shyonnissis was known for their exemplary military, impeccable technological accomplishments, and their devout faith, and where Azorra was known for their cultured and wealthy society, Kaoacien was given its widely acknowledged fame for simply being the largest of the imperiums. It was larger than the three other nations combined with land to spare. There were stretches of the countries that experienced constant snowfall and other stretches that only knew the ire of the scorching sun.

But, there was no sun today to shine upon the people, for in its stead was a shadowy storm of clouded terror with a woman in command of each and every one of those misery-casting banes. They toppled over buildings, sending those towering monuments and lengthy edifices back crashing to the land. The people in the south were suffering the full force and weight of the deities. It was like a gluttonous whale that landed upon the ants' hill, a structure they believed to be so grand and intricate until a force of even far more bafflingly overwhelming power came crashing upon them, deafening them to only the whispers coming from the lips of death itself.