Rise Of Pandora: XXVII. Show You Something Beautiful

"To tell a pawn that he is a king, and allowing him to go on believing this, is cruelty of its worst form."

-Baccus

VIII. Foreigner

Surrounded by trees and very far from the other two, Gaijin felt a faint nervousness coursing throughout his body. While giving pursuit, he stopped as the man began turning around and laughing suddenly. Veins bulged from his forehead. With his arms now raised into the air, he yelled, "Yes! Keep fighting! I've been bored a very long time now."

Listening, Gaijin thought about what should be done next. Just before deciding to move, Prometheus returned to his mind. His voice was stressed and rough.

Gaijin! What is happening here?

Gaijin responded to Prometheus in his mind, Shit, you're finally back. That's good, I need you. I don't know who the hell this bastard is, but he is dangerous! Gaijin spoke with anger infused with angst.

What do you know about him so far?

He claps and a bow appears in his hands. He does not use quivers or bows. They shoot right out of the bow...I think his power comes from mien but I am not certain. He's big and slow so I've been using that against him.

Sweat oozed down Gaijin's forehead.

Suddenly, he heard a loud clap. Gaijin instinctively gave the man all of his attention again.

"Damn," Gaijin muttered bitterly.

Do you see? Gaijin thought irritatedly. Look at his hands. He's holding a bow that was not there a second ago!" 

Gaijin grew nervous because of the way Prometheus voice cracked in fear and distress. Gaijin knew this man was dangerous but he was not aware of the several layers of madness and strangeness that dwelled deep within. 

"He's already killed me twice," Gaijin murmured.

"Gaijin, you have the power of the Gods flowing through you," Prometheus dictated, "we must use this to defeat him."

Gaijin gritted his teeth and scoffed. He took heavy breaths. He began to perceive his surroundings much more clearly now. As soon as the man raised his bow to fire another set of arrows, Gaijin's legs broke into a crazed sprint.

He was taken aback by Gaijin's unnatural speed and quickly ceased his attacks in favor of a more defensive stance. Gaijin, with a little jump, struck the man in the thigh with his leg which caused the man to drop his bow and disintegrate into ash that rose and faded into the air. The man growled like some malign beast.

Outstanding! Prometheus encouraged Gaijin. And I understand why you think his power comes from mien. The ashes...they look eerily familiar. But stay focused. I will help in any way that I can!

It was an overwhelming feeling for Gaijin battling a man who bolstered such an intimidating bulk.

He was believing he could win with every hit he landed on the man. Suddenly the two broke out into a fierce and close flurry of exchanging fists. They punched each other with everything they had. However, the man suddenly broke out into those unnaturally fast movements and quickly overwhelmed Gaijin, breaking his knuckles and nose. 

Gaijin distanced himself when he heard the man break out in a maniacal laugh. A vicious gleam radiated past those two malignant eyes. The man became still and confined himself to quietude. He smiled as he glared upon Gaijin who was wheezing heavily. The smile suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a mean scowl.