Rise Of Pandora: XXI. Long Journey

"This existence is so...you know, I would be a fool if I even pretended that there was a word to describe it."

-Gaijin

VI. Maddened

Afraid, he stood up quickly. He was unsure what to do or what to expect.

Near where Maddard stood shivering in the cold, a sudden surge of black spiraling spheres manifested from thin air. They spun and swirled, dragging the air with it until the air blew out like zephyrs. The black spheres were spiraling and dispersing bountifully where Gaijin had transformed into dust.

There was someone approaching rapidly from beyond the range of trees. Out came the dark-haired man who claimed to be a soldier. Maddard watched as he rushed towards him, burn marks spread across his body and a knot on his forehead swollen to the size of an acorn. He trudged over the heavy and waterlogged snow, grabbing Maddard by the shoulder. He shoved himself in front of Maddard and sheltered him from the chaos that was before them.

Shielding Maddard with his body, he watched attentively and patiently, his heartbeat growing sporadic. He motioned backward while gently nudging Maddard away in the same direction.

Snatching the mask from the latch on his pants, he pressed it against his dripping wet face, allowing it to fester and spread over his face once more, leaving him with that sinister presence. Suddenly, the realization that Maddard was up and not a burn on his body left shockwaves coursing his mind.

Turning around, he shouted at Maddard, "How are you standing and what happened to your wounds?"

He then turned back around and saw that the strange oddity in front of them was growing stronger and louder. His swoll heart grew heavier once he witnessed limbs and other organs manifesting from within the black spirals. He stepped backward more rapidly. Black fluids, particles, and matter gleaned and amalgamated into one distinct brown body. He made out a human body forming within the black spheres. He observed the arms, legs, and hair sprouting and forming in the midst of the swirling particles. He was truly in awe. He recognized it to be the person from before.

Unwilling to initiate a battle, He turned around and shoved Maddard in the same direction. He noticed a few green lights in the distance. The green lights appeared as dark green flaming bodies. He swore silently to himself. He gave Maddard an impossible look, for he was still in complete shock at seeing him no longer riddled in burns. He looked around while contemplating possible recourses. He shoved himself along with Maddard over to a bush. It was not very large but it was enough to hide most of their bodies.

The soldier commanded Maddard to stay put before getting up himself. As he lifted his head up, he reminded Maddard of what he had told him earlier. He looked at the black spheres which still whirled in the distance, then he quickly eyed those moving green gleams which he knew to be the flames of Deathknights.

His stomach turned, his thoughts spun aggressively, his heart pulsed at a rate higher than normal. Passion was loud on his face as if he wanted to destroy everything around him which he perceived as a threat. By the manner in which he was jittering, it was clear he meant to do it swiftly. He took his eyes off the black spheres for some seconds and counted the Deathknights that he could see in view. He counted seventeen tromping towards them. He then vacillated his head back to the area where that unfamiliar man was emerging into form.

But Gaijin was gone. He jerked back and quickly grabbed Maddard off of the ground and fled.

They disappeared beyond the range of trees and bushes. He constantly turned his head in multiple directions. Alarmed but mostly afraid of becoming lost, he stopped his pace. He lifted his swords and glared around the dark and rousing forest.