Rise Of Pandora: L. Our Common Enemy

"."
-

X. Stoic

Baccus quickly removed himself from flashing rays of dark light, all but the three Purple Men.

"Everyone, cover your eyes!" Alastor ordered although they all had already been doing so.

Soon, what appeared to be body parts began to materialize from the chaotic spirals of light. First, a hand riddled by glassy black scales began outstretching from the core of the light. The hand was saturated by black fluids which would drip endlessly upon the couch. Then beyond the forming of his hand came black outstretched arms.

"It's Gaijin! It must be him," someone shouted.

The expression that was slowly manifesting across Atlas' face was best described as euphoric, like a child who for the first time witnessed his sibling's birth. He was witnessing rebirth. The muscles under Atlas' face could not help but churn vigorously until an involuntary smirk was slathered across his face, his face enlivened and became perplexed. His cheekbones became more pronounced as that smirk had let out into an all-out look of awe. He could not help it. He had to admit he was genuinely lost for words just watching an organism that had been broken down into dingy dust being returned from whatever underworld he must surely have been sent to or whatever Elysium he escaped from to return again to the world, slowly being pieced and developed within the storm of dark beams of light which defied all rules of the natural world.

Yes. He was amazed. The man who had been believed to have seen it all had been captivated by a sight so paranormal and uncanny that no words in any order, genius or arbitrary, could quite aptly grasp or put into a manner that would make any bit of sense.

How strange? Atlas thought to himself, never turning his attention away, not even once.

He wished to gorge every last detail, from each bit of fluid that oozed from the cyclone of particles to the fleshy portions of Gaijin's body that would gradually materialize until it was wrapped by a furry epidermis that would soon generate fully after. He saw what appeared to be the skeleton forming and the organs that would grow and expand into their respective positions. It was all such a sight that could not be quite defined as beautiful but not so horrid as to be deemed vomitous though it was not a sight for just any man.

The swirl of wind that was created began calming down as more of Gaijin's body began to form into one cohesive frame. The light too began fading as the flurry of spheres began to lessen. His face had now been forming, the eyes which slowly began revitalizing with purple irises and the facial features that became flushed with that luster of ocher. The sight of his entire body was nearly achieved.

He was as this wraith the manner in which his body punctiliously loomed together, fulfilling his one configuration. He was an assortment, a bizarre melange of several different species yet the parts did not reject one another; instead, blending consummately with one another as if they had belonged there and been placed there connately.

He conjectured several different ideas of Gaijin's conception. He wondered how Gaijin came to achieve these abilities and who the ones responsible for giving them to him if he was indeed granted these capabilities through workings of beings who possessed intelligence unfathomable. He had already considered the possibility of Dakini involvement but it was merely a thought and nothing more.

Watching him being slowly revived like a phoenix from the ashes, Atlas noticed the look of excruciating pain on Gaijin's still-forming countenance.

Amidst the fading storm of spiraling particles, Gaijin fell from the couch and then to the floor landing on all fours. Looking down, he gasped and wheezed for breath, grabbing at his throbbing muscles. Even his expression, which was once saturated with congeniality and warm smiles, was broken down into a malignant form of raw extremities, his mouth curved downwards so far they nearly touched the contour of his chin, the skin on his nose so rumpled they appeared to be concaving into the center of his face, and his sharp teeth grinding so hard that.