Rise Of Pandora: LXVI. Hidden Lurker

"."

-

XVIII. Stoic

"Pontus, get us to land," Atlas said.

Pontus carried on expeditiously towards where they sensed those menacing figures. He was infused with hope, a far cry from the feelings he had been enduring for the better part of the last decade.

"Gaijin! Apprentices! You are staying with me, remember! Stand by my side, please!"

The four of them nodded.

"Father, we're almost there," Pontus told him.

Atlas sighed deeply. "Prepare yourselves, everyone. Remember what we are fighting for. I will. We are not just fighting the Dakini. We are fighting for the futures of every man and woman. Keep that in mind, and all shall be well."

"Father, we are coming very close now. I can sense some of them below us. "WAIT! HOLD ON EVERYONE!"

A barrage of flaming arrows were blasting towards them, twelve in total. Pontus maneuvered drastically to avoid them, a sweating trickling down his forehead.

"What the hell was that!" Alastor shouted with his head facing down to the ground with a furious grinding of his teeth. "What was that!"

"Dammit! You can't be serious!" Baccus shouted angrily.

"It is him isn't it?" Atlas said to Baccus with a pounding heart.

Searching around frantically, Baccus nodded with full confidence.

"Everyone! We are under attack! Pontus take us higher!" Atlas, with his powerful, piercing vision, scanned everything below him. He could only see Deathknights and a few but mind-bogglingly enormous Shadowbirds flying in the far distance some buildings...the buildings were burning and smoking.

"Could it have been Deathknights?" Dinos cried out frantically.

"No! There is no doubt in my mind! It has to be him! We are hundreds of feet in the air. No! Deathknights have never used the bow and arrows and even if they could, not even Deathknights could shoot arrows this high, let alone see us from afar! It is him! Father-"

"No, Baccus! I already know what you are going to ask. We are sticking with the plan! You have to go and help with Shyonnissis! Let us deal with him! Gaijin and myself, we will deal with him if he is truly the one who shot at us!"

"It is him!" Baccus argued. "He must be hiding somewhere! He is here!" Baccus's heart was thumping, not beating. It was pounding in all different directions. His anxiety rose to levels that would completely omit even the bravest souls.

"They are trying to confuse us! Can't you see? Now I don't doubt that it is not him! But we have to stick to the plan! You are all going to Shyonnississ and aid Bessarian! Under no circumstance do you stop! Remember what we are fighting for!"

"Pontus...do what you have to do!" Atlas ordered aggressively. He was a bit anxious but his voice was still strong and stern.

"NO!" Baccus cried with thick tears fluttering down to his cheeks.

With grave sadness, Atlas said his final words to them, "I love you all."

Pontus, shutting his eyes and whispering to himself a brief prayer, released his hold on Atlas, Gaijin, and the three noblemen.

Plunging hundreds of feet at a furious pace, Atlas saw more flaming arrows hurrying for the main party all the way below nearby. He even pinpointed where they were coming from and he kept it in his mind. They were coming from under them, just nearby where the scorching sea met Charon. He hurled a powerful blast of aura, blocking off the paths of the flaming arrows and destroying them all before they could reach the others.