Rise Of Pandora : XXXVIII. The Power of Gods

"All this time, he was just the wolf who wore the sheep's wool and he would've swallowed us whole."

-Baccus Obryn

II. Gift

Pandora sat upright on her bed that was dressed with several black sheets, although she still appeared malnourished and drained of vitality. She had been lying in the dingy room which felt more like a containment to her for nearly two days now, though she did not know how long she had been in there for. The concept of time was something she could not discern. There was just the darkness, so it felt to her as the nighttime all the time. She could not tell whether it was day or night, nor did she contemplate it. There was only the monotonous black of the room that she kept in mind.

But for hours, all she had was the silence and the darkness of the room to take solace with.

There was a sudden knock at the door followed by the sliding of the door at the entrance of the room. She slowly reared her neck to meet the figure at the door. The figure was not very tall but what it lacked in height it compensated in girth. It was heavy, every footstep forming a low echo which reverberated across the quiet space. It did not have irises. Its eyes were thoroughly imbued with one, unvaried stretch of black. This was Pandora's first time seeing anyone since that night.

With the door still ajar, the light from outside the room illuminated its appearance, allowing Pandora to look upon its countenance with less difficulty. Her eyes were strained by the sudden presence of light but she soon became accustomed again as she fixed her eyes on the approaching figure. Its wrinkled and placid appearance gave off the impression that it was wise and knowledgeable.

Unsure whether to be worried or blithe, her dainty heart pounded the closer it got. Suddenly, now just before her bed, it stopped. It studied her unclothed body after scrutinizing the details of her face. It poured over her. It was difficult for her to gaze back at the its black eyes. It lifted up its head, its right hand following that same upward motion. He pressed the palm of its hand on her forehead. The cold and slimy texture of its hand caused her weakly jerk her head backward.

Although she was unnerved, she did not struggle. The figure left its hand on her forehead for some time with its eyes locked directly on her. She could feel a kind of warmth flushing about her innards. She could not begin to understand what it was that it was doing to her body. She convulsed lightly, her veins pressing against the skin of her arms and forehead. It was only soon after did she feel the hunger that had been troubling her soon begin to subside. Her belly was no longer growling as it had been doing for several hours.

She began to tremble and quiver in an involuntary manner to which she had no ability to compress. With its sable black eyes, it finally lifted its hand from her, a cold white mist following its hand.

Without speaking, it directed her out of the bed. After some seconds of ogling it, she recognized that she again had strength in her body to move far. She grabbed the fabric and it from around her waist. The elder figure escorted her outside of the dismal room. She was cautious but she still allowed herself to walk alongside the wide individual who acted as a guide. It never spoke, it did not even attempt to communicate.

As she motioned past the doorway, she realized how cooperative her body had been. She could feel vivacity in her tired limbs where strength had long since been omitted. Her breathing was strikingly improved as did the rhythm of her heart. Her flesh did not cover her bones like a thin sheet as it had some seconds prior. Her muscles and flesh were fuller and stronger. But there was still a slightly tense sensation interweaving throughout her head. She did not understand it, but never did she ask the wide, fat being.

All she could do was allow this old escort led her to a destination she did not know. After seconds of drifting slowly through the castle, Pandora was taken to a room. This room had no door to its entrance. But it did have windows, unlike the one she had been placed in. The brilliance of the room deeply opposed the gloom that had haunted thus castle-like construct. The room was artistic and circular, several colorful glass panels made up the windows. She felt a warmth overtake her as she stepped beyond the entrance. She stood there watching the fat being walk further into the room.