Rise Of Pandora: XXXVII. A New Opportunity

"I believe what I see. I don't see what I believe."

-Baccus

I. Absconder

A sudden rush of weakness swept his legs, but he fought the urge to fall. He pressed his head lower. There was something in the way he sighed that seemed contrived, almost as a performance. He was much too melodramatic. Deep down, he was trying to behave like a normal human would when confronted with the death of friends but he had lost that side of his humanity many eons ago. 

 He exhaled heavily and looked at Gaijin. 

"But we have Gaijin now. Whether you believe me or not, he is immortal. We saw him die and come back to life. His body had been destroyed several times and he healed. Bessarian and I have seen him do so more than one," Baccus added.

Alastor's stare became heavy and thorough after hearing Baccus. 

"Cannot die?" Alastor questioned in disbelief. His body became stiff and hot.

In the back, Dinos seemed responsive to this as well. The Sundarians and the Rare Men defied realistic expectations themselves so the concept of otherworldly power did not fully phase them as they would have. Truthfully, they already suspected there was something nonpareil about this creature just from the first sight of him.

"Believe him," Maddard added assertively. They all turned to him as he continued. "That horrible man Baccus fought fired numerous arrows into the sky and when they fell, Gaijin protected me with his own body. And he returned to health within moments. I will never forget it. He can help us stop these fiends."

With Maddard's testament, Alastor, as well as the others, saw Gaijin a bit differently. 

"Can he talk?" Alastor asked.

"Yes, I talk," Gaijin said annoyedly. Alastor almost jumped back. He did not expect him to respond.

"You should know Pandora is real. Her box, the spirits from the box...It's not just shit, I'll tell you that. In a different time, I helped get rid of her. But, she must be back because I'm here. Us standing here won't help." Gaijin began to look around the capital. 

"I'm not familiar with this time so I'll need you to show me where I can find her. That is all I need. Then I'll take care of it from there."

Alastor could not help ponder Gaijin's authenticity. Internally, he questioned why this creature spoke their language so fluently and effortlessly if it was indeed from a different time. Alastor had always been skeptical, yet he always had a tendency to set aside his suspicions when they surmised. This was a matter of human safety, a matter which Alastor often regarded dearly, so he assuaged his mind at ease and allowed Gaijin's words to resonate. 

He contemplated quickly. Another threat? Day of wrath? Alareiks Menhara? Father? 

A plethora of concerns festered about within his psyche, causing him to briefly become smitten by all these new revelations. 

"Fine. If anything, we'll need to find Father first. He did tell me he would be going to the Rare Nations one of these days, I just wasn't sure when, but he should be there if not here. With him, this day of wrath will surely be prevented."

"I already told you she's free. There's nothing to prevent," Gaijin said indignantly.

"Well, okay! We just need to get to Father in the Rare Nations. I don't doubt what these two say about you, but we do need a plan, and that is where Father will be the most significant. It's because of him that humans have come this far today. Do you understand? We just need to find Father and then everything will fall into place."