Chapter 14

Casey

The first day of high school began, I walked into the school not a bit excited for high school. I haven't seen Tomas since that night, I told him I never wanted to see him again and blocked his number. Ashlyn and Tomas approached me, I looked up from my phone, and Ashlyn hugged me "Where have you been? We both have tried getting a hold of you. Your mom said you weren't home." I looked at Tomas and back at Ashlyn, I figured he didn't tell her; I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

Tomas

Ashlyn looked at me "Okay what happened?" Here it comes "Why am I always the reason for her bad moods?" Alisha walked up "Someone isn't happy to be here. Did something happen?" Ashlyn crossed her arms "I don't know, did something happen Tomas?" I smirked trying to hold back the chuckle growing in my throat "Why am I always the first to be blamed?" Ashlyn cleared her throat "Because you are her boyfriend and you have a long history of being a part of the problem." I shoved my hands in my front pockets and cleared my throat "We broke up and I said some regrettable things." Ashlyn shook her head and smacked me on the side of my head as she walked off, Alisha said "Ohhhh... You are in deep this time. She's not even talking to you, let alone looking at you. What did you do?" I rolled my eyes "You can ask her because what I say won't matter." He walked away.

Casey

Ashlyn came up to me at the locker "Hey I'm sorry, he made it seem like everything was okay." I looked at her "He enjoys doing that." She gave me a quick side hug "What'd he say? He just said he said a lot of hurtful stuff." I slammed my locker "I just got over it so please don't make me relive it." I grabbed my backpack from the floor and headed to class. Tomas came up behind her "What'd she say?" Ashlyn turned around "You really did it this time, what the hell did you tell her?"

The bell rang before he could speak "I have to get to class." As he walked away, Ashlyn yelled "This conversation isn't over!" He waved his hand at her, he came into the class I had. He sat in the chair in front of me and turned around "I'm sorry." I looked up then back down, he grabbed my hand "Casey you seriously don't think I meant it." I pulled my hand away from him, got up, and walked out of the classroom. The teacher stopped me "Where are you going?"

I turned to her agitated "Can I go to the nurses?" She gave me the hall pass, I walked through the hall to the nurse's office when I got stopped "Casey? Hey!" I looked up to Ryan, the last person I wanted to see. He had a huge smile on his face "What are you doing here? I thought you moved back to California. Of course, I changed schools." I broke down right there in front of him, he looked at me confused "What did I say?" I wiped my eyes "Not you. I didn't move anywhere. I'm sorry." He hugged me, I had a full breakdown; he didn't let go of me until I pulled away.

He looked up and the look on his face was surprised, I turned to Tomas, and he had anger written on his face "You always go running to him when our relationship falls apart." Ryan got angry "Maybe it's because I'm not a prick who treats her like crap every time I get angry." Tomas crossed his arms "I didn't cheat on her." I looked at Ryan "Thanks. I'll see you around."

I walked away to the nurses, Ryan smirked "She may love you now, but when she finds out about you and Amanda. We'll see who she runs to because just like you and her, we loved each other and we were together far longer than you guys were. I made a mistake but I plan to fix it. Unfortunately for you. You can't fix yours." Tomas got angry "Keep your mouth shut about that, she doesn't know yet." Ryan smirked and laughed "Wow, but I'm the liar. I've already scored one we'll see who she picks after she finds out." A teacher came in the hallway "Why aren't you boys in class?" Tomas held up his pass "Bathroom." Ryan showed her his "Same." She nodded her head "Get where you need to and get back to class."