Chapter 30

Casey

I turn around as I finish my sentence and see Tomas nearly falling face-first. I rushed and caught him, I gently fell on the floor with his head in my lap "Tomas?" I gently shake him and panic, I feel his wrist with hope he has a pulse. Thankfully he did and his breathing was normal.

My heart dropped when I noticed the dried blood inside his arm. Around the blood was bruising, clearly indicating where he strapped his arm. I gently sat his head on my t-shirt. I ran to his truck in hopes he had a water bottle or something. I had no care that I was in my bra, I reached and grabbed his water when I noticed the baggie in the middle console.

I fought back the tears welling up in my eyes, I rushed back to him and splashed some water on his face with no luck. I squatted beside him and used every strength to sit him up. At some point, I started crying but I ignored it. I managed to pull him up and dragged him to his truck. I set him down as I opened the door. I took a second to regain my strength.

I lifted him into the passenger seat and adjusted his seat to lie back. I closed the door and rubbed my forehead from the sweat and tears. I was impressed that I was able to move him. I looked back into the truck and covered my mouth crying harder. Why did he do that?

I grabbed my shirt and his keys from the ground and took a drink of the water. I climbed into the driver's seat and just as I was going to turn the key, he woke up rubbing his head. I glanced at him hoping the tears were gone "Are you okay?" He looked at me and then around us "What happened?"

I looked away with a frown "You passed out. I caught you before you hurt yourself." I was disappointed in him. Was it the baby? Was it me? He was clean. At least I thought so. I looked at him as he started dusting himself off, he glanced up at me "Did you carry me to the truck?" I simply nodded my head, too hurt to answer his question.

I opened the door and jumped out, I stood near the edge holding back the hurt and anger growing inside my chest. He got out and stood beside me "I haven't eaten today. That's all it was." I violently turned to him "Don't you dare lie to me. When did you start again?" He looked at me confused but sighed and gave in "I promise..." He looked down with a frown knowing I wouldn't trust his promise.  

I looked into his eyes "I'm here. I'll help you if you started again. Just be honest with me. Please." He licked his bottom lip "It isn't because of you or our baby." I studied his reaction carefully to see for any signs of lying. Unfortunately, I found none. He turned his head to me "I have a sister. I just met her before coming out. I don't know what got into me." I wanted to slap him, he could've killed himself.

He exhaled as he adjusted in the seat "She's 15. I don't understand how you go for 15 years without knowing you have a kid." I gulped nervously and rubbed his arm "It's possible. Maybe she lost contact with him or she thought it was better not to disrupt your family." He looked at me "He cheated on my mom Casey. All of this coming to light makes me realize that had he not. My family would be one still."

I felt for him but it didn't explain the need to get high. I gave him a side hug "We can't change what has happened. Sometimes we just have to deal with it. Your mom is getting help and your dad loves you. He didn't have the intention to hurt you in the process." I gently grabbed his arm to show him his inner arm "This will hurt him. It hurts me to see you feel this is the only way."

He removed his arm from my hold "I'm not trying to hurt you." I moved away from him "We have a child now. It's not about just me or you anymore. Stop for him or her." I started crying when he looked at me, he looked down "What if I do more damage than good? I've never treated you right. To be engaged and start a family with you... It feels like some dream that will end."