Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1 

I remember the morning they were going to bring her to life. Lucifer was literally glowing with excitement. She was a masterpiece, shimmering brown hair, green eyes, well proportioned, brown hued skin that was vibrant and soft. She wasn't overly tall but was finely boned and well muscled. Lucifer always made his creations just that extra touch more beautiful and delicately crafted, Lillith was no exception. She had been built to be strong, independent and creative, she was all that and more.

"Well brother, you have certainly outdone yourself." Elohim congratulated him.

"Thank you. Indeed I have. She needs to be more intelligent than the other animals if she is to build and create the way we want her to. She needs to be able to make her own decisions unimpeded." Lucifer had always been an advocate for humans to have free will. Elohim, not so much.

"We must put some limitations on her, her future mate and their offspring. They have to protect what we have made and understand that we gave them this so they always honor it," Elohim said.

"They will honor it brother. Look at how beautiful it is! Why wouldn't they?" Lucifer was also a bit idealistic and naive about things.

 I spoke up, although I was perhaps the weakest one of my family we had always treated each other as equals. "Lucifer, I think he has a point. We are creating something that may be capable of completely restructuring this world. They have to have some understanding of balance and harmony."

"Not just that Remiel," Elohim spoke. "They need to understand their place in it. The animals, they instinctively know their roles, hunter or hunted, eater of waste, pollinator of plants, they know what their purpose is. We created them with a specific purpose in mind. This new creation has to know it's role. We can't have it running about the place with no limits or ingrained path. It can literally do everything all the animals can do, it can hunt or be hunted, it may eventually learn how to cultivate plants if we allow it and build it's own habitat. It is not a creation that has a defined niche, it is fluid. We must make it fear something. It must know its place."

"Why does she have to fear us?" Lucifer's rebuttal began. "We can teach her balance and harmony and how to watch over this world without destroying it."

"Lucifer," Michael spoke up. He pretty much always sided with Elohim and he was equal to Lucifer power wise. "I agree with Elohim. Let's not unleash this new creation with no limits at all. If it works well we can adjust the mate to have less limits if needed."

Lucifer looked at us, his pale gold eyes piercing. Lucifer rightly deserved the title of Morningstar or the most beautiful of us. His long hair matched that blinding, golden white color that shows only when the sun first crests over the horizon in the early morning. He stood taller than all of us and although his skin was pale his aura of power glowed sunset reds and purples. Elohim was darker hued, his eyes were almost lavender in color, his hair was dark and short. He carried about him a sense of power that none of us ever matched, his fiery aura reflected the fires of creation, shifting in red-gold tones moment to moment. Michael was bronze and gold, he was the ultimate warrior even though there was no need for one that early on. He always had his red hair tied back and he had immense strength. His green eyes seemed hardened by battles that he had yet to fight. I often wondered if somehow Michael had known what was yet to come and was preparing for it from the beginning of time.

"Brothers" Lucifer said, his tone reasonable yet somewhat soothing, "Why should we create something as wonderful as her and then hobble her? Why should we make the most exquisite and intricate thing we have ever made be forced to fear us? We have not made any other creature fear us. She can love us as we love each other can't she? When we create her mate they can love and protect each other and learn together as so many of the other creatures we have created do. When we first spoke of creating her we did it with the idea of making something as similar to us as possible. Obviously they will not be able to grant life or create animals from dust but if they are to be like us in other ways they should be treated as partners in this world they are to care for. Not as some lowly creatures that must bow before us. We don't bow to each other do we?