Chapter 1 Part 2

“Brothers,” Seraqual said softly. “Lucifer will tire of her, as he always does with any new exciting creation he makes. Let him teach her, I don't find this creation all that pleasing. No offense Elohim, but she will not keep the balance, I am sure of it. We should not make her a mate anytime soon.”

“We may not need to make her a mate.” Raguel muttered. Elohim spun around to face him, rage in his eyes. Raguel had never known when to keep his mouth shut.

“How dare you suggest such an abomination? She's made from dirt and ash, he from the universe itself. There can never be a mating between them!”

“Brother, she may not come from the divine energy itself but there is something about her. You don't think Lucifer created her using the same process as the bugs, plants and animals we've made. You both were much more ambitious than that with her, Lucifer is not one to do something half way. We all sensed it when she awoke. She's different.”

Elohim's fists clenched and he stormed away from us.

I turned to Raguel, “Well done Raguel, well done. Are you trying to get him even angrier?”

“Elohim is always angry about something. I just speak the truth.”

“It's not what you speak, it's when and how you choose to speak it. All of that could have waited until we truly see what this new creation does.” I pointed out.

“Lucifer is teaching her.” Michael sat down on the ground, sadness in his eyes. “What do you think she will do? As much as I love him, he's prideful and always has been.”

“Oh and Elohim is better?” Raguel asked. “Really Michael, he's just as bad. Lucifer has always done his part in creating worlds and keeping harmony. Sure he's a bit arrogant about certain things but he has a right, he does make truly beautiful things. You can't deny that. Elohim's only real strength is bringing things to life. Admittedly, it's an important strength but he has no real skill at design like Lucifer does. He's always been jealous of Lucifer's skill. Remember, this was Elohim's idea originally. If things go badly don't hold just Lucifer to blame. Elohim wanted a helper, Lucifer just went along with the challenge. We don't need a helper and we all know that. I think Elohim was looking for something he could control, something that would be loyal to him. I don't know why.”

“Brothers,” Uriel interjected. “We are condemning them before they actually do anything worthy of such thoughts. The two of them have always been able to come to terms with each other. I agree with Seraquel. Lucifer will soon tire of this new creation. He and Elohim will resolve their differences as they always have. We have other things to attend to that are more important than all this ill-guided chatter.”

Uriel tended to serve as our scheduler. I never knew how he managed to keep track of everything we were working on and what stage it was at. We had learned over the years that if he said it was time to be at a certain place to head there as fast as possible. I had always liked him because he never seemed to get caught up in the strife or emotional issues we all had, he had his mission and that was all that mattered to him. The fact that he was the only one of my brothers that I was taller than might have influenced my opinion on him as well. None of us ever doubted his strength or power though. His aura was shimmering green, like a moving forest, his dark brown skin and hair complemented it well. All those dark colors made his pale blue eyes stand out that much more in his face.

“Yes, Uriel you are right as always.” Raphael agreed. “This is all fascinating to ponder but a bit hasty. We should be about our other tasks, worlds await us.”

“Perhaps one of us should stay here, keep an eye on the two of them.” Gabriel spoke. He had been abnormally quiet on the topic of Lillith's creation the whole time Lucifer and Elohim had been working on her. He usually shared some sort of opinion on things but this time he seemed almost afraid to say anything at all. “I dislike what I have seen and am seeing from both of them regarding this new creation.”