Chapter 6 part 2

(Sorry I took such a long break.) 

“Yes brother, you did. Please calm down.”

He dropped to the ground, thrusting his face into his hands. “I'm sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to.”

I settled on the ground next to him, put my arm around his shoulders and pulled him towards me. “It's fine, we can repair it.” The ground around us was still shuddering and shaking, we were running out of time but Seraqual was too caught up in his emotions.

“Give me a moment,” I said, he barely nodded. I let go of him and placed both my hands on the ground. Lines of strain, pressure points and boiling earth filled my mind, the train of consequences was almost past the point where I could easily stop it. I bent my entire will to pausing the molten earth that was rising up through the cracks. It built up behind my thought, churning and thrashing against an invisible barrier. That was my first concern, once that got out I'd have to call the others in to help and I did not want any of them to know how badly Seraqual had been affected and why. Millimeter by millimeter I pulled the chasm that had been created back together, doing it any faster would just create more pressure. Steam exploded from the earth at the pressure points I was leaving open to the end thereby allowing the heat of the molten earth below to escape. It was taking so much of my concentration that I felt myself slipping out of my current form and becoming that shaft of light I had shown Lillith. It was easier, no shape to hold meant more will and strength I could focus on the task at hand.

I melted into the earth. My thought racing along the sediment, seeking out small cracks and faults that had to be brought back together, like a puzzle. Sound was different in this form, it wasn't something I heard as much as felt on whatever wave it was vibrating at. The various groans and creaks the earth made registered at different levels and helped me track down the places I needed to focus on. When doing work such as this, time has no meaning to us, all I was aware of was the task at hand.

I had to give the lava somewhere to flow to, so I created small holes and caves into the side of the cliffs Seraqual had created and allowed the red hot liquid to slowly fill them. I had pulled all but the widest gap back together when my brother joined his will with mine.

“Allow me to help Remiel, please.”

“Of course.” Truth be told I was close to exhausted. We can run out of power and energy just as anything else can. This type of repair work was something that usually two or three of us would work on. Seraqual's will joined with mine and I gratefully allowed him to take the lead. We finished with the repair, I pulled myself out of the sediment and chose to stay formless, exhaustion winning out over everything else. I gathered the entirety of who I was back into one place and settled next to him again. He still looked horrified at what had ocurred.

“I don't understand Remiel. What happened? How did I do that? Why did I do that?”

“You were angry, frustrated, emotional. It appears to be going around. Just rest. This situation with Lucifer, Lillith and Elohim will resolve itself.” I was so mind numbingly tired that her name slipped out.

“Who?”

If I had had a tongue at that moment I would have bit it. There was no going back at that point.

“Lillith, that is the name of the creation.” I remember stretching out the thought, trying to find some way to phrase it that wouldn't sound as bad as it was.

Seraqual's face froze. “Who gave it that name? That is not the name of it's species is it.”

“Lucifer, and no it's not.”

He continued to stare at me for a few more minutes and I got to watch as he began to wall himself off from me. His aura dimmed, his eyes became distant and empty and his face stayed blank. “You knew this and failed to tell anyone?”

“I didn't see how it would help matters.” It was a weak defense, I knew it but it was the truth, “It will only upset everyone further and that is not what is needed at the moment.”

He turned his face away from me, “Tell me Remiel, just what do you think is needed? Rational, calm conversation?” Distant thunderclouds and storms were in his voice and I was just barely out of range of the approaching storm that his tone promised.

“Will fighting and threats serve any better purpose? I fail to see how our entire history together can be thrown away in the matter of a few days. We must work through this together, all of us.”

“The problem with that, dearest Remiel, is that only some of us seem to actually care about what it is we are here to do. The rest of us are caught up in their own desires, not what the universe wishes. Thank you for helping me and stopping the destruction I caused.” He disappeared without once turning his head back towards me.

“Remiel,” Lucifer's voice rang in my mind. The sun on the world Seraqual and I had been on had set, which meant we had been there a considerable length of time. I was tired and hurt that another brother was turning away from me. The only one that wasn't was one of the two who were at the center of the conflict.

“This is not a good time brother.” There was a sense of stunned silence in my mind. My tone was perhaps more harsh than I realized.

“I apologize,” he said nothing more and left me in peace. Seraqual, Michael and Elohim, one third of my family, were at odds with Lucifer and by extension myself. I had an idea that Raguel would try to stay neutral as would myself and Uriel, that left Gabriel and Raphael having to choose between Lucifer, Elohim or us. There had to be another way to resolve this, we could not keep the balance when we ourselves were so out of balance.

I, and I'm horrified and ashamed to admit it, traveled down some very dark paths at that moment. Destroying both Lillith and whatever Elohim would create weighed heavily on my mind. I knew that other than Lucifer and Elohim the others would either agree with me or choose to stay quiet. The thought of destroying something we had created was, and still is, such an anathema to what we were designed to do it's a testament of how truly desperate I was to even consider it. I think that moment was truly one of the darkest I've ever been forced to endure. 

I was seized by the strongest compulsion to go to my brothers, rally them to this idea, swoop down upon Lillith and Elohim's creation and rip them to shreds. Lucifer and Elohim had no right to put themselves above the rest of us, above the universe itself! I felt my will building again, the ground I had so recently healed started to shake below me. Instead of attacking it I focused on Lucifer, found him and sent myself barreling through time and space towards him.