Chapter 13 Part 1

Before I could reply he had left, the hailstorm ended as quickly as it had come.

“He is going after Elohim!” Uriel shouted and flickered out as well. I heard him reach out the rest of us. “Brothers! Hurry!”

Gabriel and I exchanged a horrified look and followed Uriel. We were almost blinded when we reached our destination. Elohim and Lucifer's battle had begun and the entirety of creation was at stake. They were as bright as the stars that surrounded them, Lucifer shone more intensely then every sunset that had ever existed since we first started our task and Elohim set the darkness of space on fire. Bolts of lightning and flame arced between them. As they dodged I could feel them weaving defenses around themselves, pulling upon the lines of power, distorting them into ways that they had never been intended for.

Lucifer reached his hand out, clenched it tight and Elohim screamed, his voice shattering our ears. I shifted my perceptions and saw that Lucifer had somehow bound Elohim as I had tried to do to him when we fought. A net of writhing, twisting power gripped Elohim who struggled against it. Lucifer's face twisted with the effort as he pulled his arm to the side then explosively released his power, hurtling Elohim into a small moon that was nearby.

“No!” Seraqual cried in absolute shock and horror as he manifested at the exact moment that Elohim went crashing into the moon and Lucifer barreled after him. The rest of my brothers, except Michael, appeared as the two of them crashed into the surface of the moon and we felt a monstrous surge of power which threw all of us back.

Raguel crashed into me, righted himself and spun. “Now what?” He demanded, “What set this off?”

“All of you listen.” I replied and sent the entirety of all of our recent exchanges directly into their minds, “Discuss later. We have to stop this. Raphael, Raguel, Seraqual, Gabriel, see to that moon.” Whatever had caused that surge of power had pushed the moon out of it's proper position.

“The rest of us have to..” Another wave of power rocketed through us, “What are they doing?!” It felt like Elohim was trying to pull another planet towards the moon they were on. Uriel and I acted as one and threw ourselves towards Elohim and Lucifer.

“Stop!” Uriel ordered but they were too far gone in their hate. They were standing in a immense newly formed crater that their impact had created. Flames, lightning, hail, driving rain, rocks and unseen energy surged between the two. The ground around Elohim had turned molten, surging around his feet and driving towards Lucifer who was encased in a shield of swirling colors. Elohim's madness had completely overtaken him, distorting his features into something wholly unrecognizable.

“This is futile Lucifer!” he spat out. “You cannot destroy me. I am the giver of life. What happens to your precious balance without that?”

“The balance has already been destroyed,” Lucifer hissed out. “You have done that, not I. Life will go on with or without you Elohim. Even if it doesn't, it is better if it dies out free from your madness.”

Elohim's eyes burned. He raised his hands and the molten earth below him shot up and towards Lucifer. Lucifer's eyes narrowed and he vanished, leaving Elohim's lava to shoot far past where he had been standing and tear another hole into the moon. Lucifer reappeared behind Elohim and drove his hand into Elohim's side just as a bronze and gold streak came shooting through the air towards them.

Uriel made as if to intercept Michael but I stopped him, “Michael! Don't!” He cried.

Elohim screeched as Lucifer's hand sunk farther into him. He twisted in Lucifer's grip and was about to attack when Michael's streaking form shifted into a lance that drove through both of them and out the other side.

Existence shuddered, all of us screamed in pain, Elohim and Lucifer collapsed. Michael manifested fully cloaked in golden armor, reached his arms out and wrapped his hands around their throats. He slowly pulled them to their feet, gripping ever and ever tighter. Elohim made as if to strike Michael but was instantly restrained by coiled, bronze burning ropes of power, Elohim went limp. Lucifer just waited.

“I care little for your new creations on that planet,” Michael said, his anger sending vibrations through all of us, “I care even less for your dispute and I am coming to care less and less for either of you. What I do care about is ensuring that your insanity does not destroy the entirety of creation.” He lifted the both of them higher off the ground, “We shall resolve this now and if either of you do this again in the future I will not hesitate to do what is needed.” His head turned towards me, “Remiel, I did not quite understand everything you tried to relay to me. I was busy elsewhere and missed some of it. Please explain.”

I did as he asked and left nothing out. Several moments of silence passed after I finished and I could feel Elohim and Lucifer recovering their strength. They would soon be able to break free from Michael and start up again.

“Lucifer,” Michael spoke, “You state you will protect Lillith at all costs. Why? Why not Adam as well?”

“I care for her.” Lucifer stated simply. “She has become as precious to me as you are. I know it is not right but it is the truth. Release me, I will not strike you Michael.”

The armor that had encased Michael's face faded. Eyes as hard as the emeralds they represent appeared and there was little doubt that he was well aware that his ability to hold the two of them was quickly fading. He released his hold on Lucifer and turned all his attention to Elohim, the bronze coils flared in power but Elohim merely smiled.

“Explain yourself.” Michael ordered, “You violated the spirit of the promise you made to us. You contacted Adam and deceived me in doing so. What is this creation that Remiel destroyed?”

There was a hint in his tone that this offense hurt him much more than the previous ones.

“Lucifer has his bond to Lillith,” Elohim replied, “I chose not to give Adam a spark of myself, unlike our impetuous brother but it was hardly fair to leave Adam without any assistance at all. I was merely making sure he knew his role. What Remiel destroyed? I knew, yet again, none of you would care as to my reasons for what I did and would attack me. Since all of you have seen fit to view me as an enemy I decided I should make something that I could trust to defend me.”

Michael flinched and released Elohim. “I only attacked you because you and Lucifer were threatening everything.” Michael pointed out.

Elohim nodded, a veneer of understanding attempted to hide his arrogance. “Of course Michael. I know you were forced into this.”

Lucifer growled, “Will you keep allowing him to fool you Michael? Can you not see what he has done?”

“What I see Lucifer is that he has merely done what you already did. Deceived all of us about your true intentions with these creations.” He shook his head, “I only wish I could destroy both of them and your knowledge of how to make them.” His voice went from resigned to resolved. As he spoke his right arm became encased in a vibrant golden shaft of light, the armor encased his face once again and his aura completely solidified around him. “As that is not possible and neither of you can be trusted any further I will simply state this. Hate each other, scheme all you like, twist Adam and Lillith into whatever perversions suit you, but know this,” Every line of energy around us swirled and shifted as, slowly spiraling around him. He slammed the shaft of light that encased his arm into the ground, instantly solidifying the lava that Elohim had created during the fight. Shock waves of the force of his blow reverberated through the core of the planet throwing it back into it's proper alignment. “If either of you, ever again, let things get this far I will do what I must to stop you. I care not what that will be.” With those words hanging in the air between us all he left us.