Chapter 10 Part 2

Before he could respond to me Lillith spoke up again, “Remiel told me about how all of you were upset that Lucifer spent so much time with me and how you are in charge of keeping the balance. He also said that Lucifer gifted me with something extra, his spark, without telling you.”

All eyes shifted to me, the looks ranged from accusatory to disbelief.

“What he gifted me with,” she continued, “It made me different from what you had intended. While I thank him for that gift and the time he spent with me, what he gave me would be pointless without your gift of life Elohim. Lucifer is hurting now because of what happened, he and Remiel fought and all of you were upset. I do not want Lucifer, or any of you, to be more upset because of me, or us.” She gestured to Adam. “I will teach him. You have all taught me so many things already and I know you have so many tasks elsewhere. You need not take any more time away from them to teach us.”

She disengaged Adam's hand from hers, took two more steps forward and embraced Elohim, who merely stood there, utter confusion on his face. “Thank you again. We owe you our lives.” She released him, took hold of Adam's hand and looked at all of us, excitement in her eyes and a sweet smile on her face, “Thank you for answering all my of questions when you came to meet me. I will make sure to show Adam everything you showed me.”

As soon as she finished speaking she turned and started to walk upstream, Adam hesitated, confused. She gave him another smile and tugged lightly on his hand. He looked at Elohim who waved his hand in the direction Lillith was headed. Adam cocked his head to one side and took a few shaky steps.

“Oh, I am sorry,” Lillith said, “I thought you had walked already. Here, I'll help you.” She placed his arm around her shoulders and steadied him as they moved farther away from us. By the time they had gotten about thirty feet away Adam's arm had moved from her shoulders to her waist as she pointed to various things and explained what they were.

Raguel rubbed his hands together, a pleased smile on his face, “Well, that solves that problem. She said thank you, acknowledged that you brought her to life and has her mate. We're done here now, right?”

Elohim's mouth kept opening and closing, his eyes were filled with anger but Lillith had outmaneuvered him. She was truly Lucifer's equal in that aspect. Between the extra conditions I had placed on the agreement and Lillith's actions he had no room to protest or demand something else.

Uriel and Raphael had their hands covering their mouths but their shoulders were twitching from their attempts to control their laughter, even Michael was smiling. Gabriel and Seraqual had both let out large sighs of relief. Suddenly Uriel's face went blank as something behind me attracted his attention. I turned around and was almost blinded by the brilliance of Lucifer's flaring aura. We all held our collective breath.

“Don't push it,” Raguel snarled under his breath.

Lucifer stood on the top of the hill; his aura battling the sun itself for intensity and power and a smile filled with pride and joy on his face. The full extent of his old arrogance and confidence was back in his eyes and bearing. He said nothing as he stared at Elohim.

“You dare?” Elohim whispered.

Lucifer's eyes shifted to me and his chin dipped in a slight nod. A salute and a reminder that he had kept his word. Multiple shades of reds and purples danced around him but were soon taken over by the pure white light that started from his head and flowed down his arms and back encompassing his torso and shooting out on either side of him. The white light reached up above his shoulders and head as his grin grew even broader. Suddenly his aura froze and the edges of the blazing white light that was behind him slowly turned purple and red. The colors flexed and shifted, like wings made of pure energy, and he disappeared.

I looked back at Elohim, flames of power rose from him but he said nothing. He looked at each of us in turn, then in the direction Lillith and Adam had gone. The ground beneath me started to shake and the skies started to darken.

“Elohim!” Uriel commanded, “Enough! You have no grounds for this. Lucifer kept his word. Lillith accepted your mate. What else do you want?”

Elohim's hands balled into fists and his face became distorted with darkness and hate. He took a step towards Uriel then Michael appeared in front of him and spoke, emphasizing each word he said “The agreement was kept, brother. You agreed to this, keep your word as Lucifer did.” Michael's aura surrounded him, solidifying in a way we had never seen before. Bronze and gold shimmering armor covered him completely, concealing his entire body. That seemed to get Elohim's attention, he stepped away from Michael and the flames flickered and disappeared.

“Fine,” He ground out between his lips before turning away and disappearing as well.

Michael's appearance returned to normal, a small smile caused his lips to twitch. “She has Lucifer's confidence.”

“Indeed,” Uriel agreed. “And his skill with words.”

“His face when she embraced him,” Seraqual said with a slight chuckle. 

It started with Raphael who joined in with Seraqual's chuckling, then spread to Gabriel and Uriel. Once Uriel started laughing I couldn't help myself. Lillith may not be a divine being but she had managed to catch all nine of us off guard, it was too much really and all of us erupted into laughter.