Chapter 16 - End

CHAPTER 16

We did not truly leave, we merely relocated to another area of the world and stared, dumbfounded at each other.

Raphael sunk to the ground, eyes wide with astonishment, “How did he?”

“Why would he?” Gabriel hissed.

Uriel started to pace, “What Eve said troubles me.”

“Troubles?” Michael hissed. “That is not the word I would use to describe what just happened.”

“Are they truly so much more powerful than we?” Seraqual murmured.

“They are applying their strengths to things we never contemplated.” Raquel muttered as he joined Uriel in pacing.

I just stood there, silent. There were no words for me. I had tried to prevent this. That moment when I first felt an abyss opening below me, when Gabriel and I had spoken after Lillith first awakened. It seemed so distant while simultaneously feeling like it happened mere hours ago. Every moment, every word, every incident between then and now, I sifted through them, searching for an answer, a reason. Nothing came to me. No reason, no answer, no logic could be twisted and bent to fit what I had just witnessed.

“It is over brothers,” I said. I could not look at them as I spoke. I fixed my eyes on the horizon, searching for a reason out among the distant planets.

Uriel stopped pacing and lowered his head, “Is there nothing left Remiel? Nothing we can do?”

“We cannot kill Lucifer or Elohim and destroying Lillith, Adam or Eve will only enrage them further.” I stated. “We leave this planet to them, to their hate of each other. We must move on and do what we can elsewhere while protecting the rest of creation from them. Lucifer's statement that Elohim's hate of him will keep Elohim from spreading his madness seems accurate, for now. A few eons from now, we cannot know.” I shrugged and looked at Michael. “Your option is all that is left Michael.”

“Both of them disgust me at this point,” Michael replied. “The less I have to do with either of them the better. What about those winged abominations that Elohim created?”

“Leave them to me.” Lucifer's voice echoed in our minds. I saw him first. He had chosen to appear a fair distance away from us but well within my line of sight. “Farewell brothers,” he continued. “If you are ever forced to come in conflict with me in the future, I will bear you no ill will. My choices brought me here. If there are to be further consequences I accept them.” He did not flare his aura or make any grand displays. He merely looked at each of us in turn, nodded once and left.

We took one last look at this world that had held such great joy for us and one by one we left without any further words.

---------------------------

If you have read this in full I realize it must shock you, confuse you and perhaps even enrage you. It is the truth, which is rarely of true comfort. I will share one more truth with you and it will be even less comforting than what has preceded it. It was not Lucifer that tainted Eve. It was Lillith and it happened completely by accident.

It took years before I was able to bring myself to contemplate speaking to Lucifer again. Perhaps you wonder how I could after everything that had transpired. He was my brother and had been since the first sun flared into existence, I could no more disavow him then I could sever a limb from myself. Several of the others were less forgiving than I, but I never pushed them either way. Aside from missing my brother, I found I felt a nagging curiosity to see what Lillith had accomplished. I missed her joy of life and excitement. My tasks held little joy or sense of accomplishment for me anymore. There were so many things I could not complete since we could not truly bring animals into existence, not without Elohim. That was why I found myself reaching out to find her or Lucifer one day and sending myself to them.