Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2 

I tracked Lucifer and Lillith down, they were sitting by a small stream and Lucifer was teaching her the names of things and how to speak. Part of me wanted to hang back in the shadows and watch but that just felt wrong, as if I was spying on my brother who as far as I could see hadn't really done anything wrong. I walked out from the trees and headed towards them.

“May I join you? Turns out I don't have much going on elsewhere at the moment.”

Lucifer turned around and smiled. He appeared to have lost his earlier anger, or maybe that was aimed more at Elohim than the rest of us.

“Of course brother, Lillith should get to know all of you.” He had given her a name, that was not good.

“Lillith? Is that the name of her species?” I was hoping I had misunderstood him.

“No, that's her name. I haven't come up with a name for her kind yet but I thought the name was beautiful, like she is.” He beamed at me, then looked back at her. “Lillith, this is Remiel. He is one of my brothers.”

Lillith's face turned towards me, once again I was struck by her beauty and her lack of fear when she looked at me. She had certainly been gifted with Lucifer's confidence.

“Re..mi...el,” she spoke slowly, sounding out the syllables.

“Perfect! Try it again!” Lucifer encouraged her.

“Remiel.” It came much faster this time, she smiled at me.

“Hello Lillith. Well done. What have you learned so far?” I may as well play along to see what I could learn.

She pointed at the water, “That's a stream, this tree is an aspen, that is dirt, there are fish in the water but I don't know what they look like. Lucifer says he will get me a fish later. Oh and up above us is sky and beyond that is the universe which I can't see.” A bird flew by “That's a bird.” She certainly was a fast learner.

“Have you told her what her task is?” I asked Lucifer.

“In time I will. I think that's a bit complicated for her to understand just yet.”

“Do you even know what her task is?”

Lucifer's face darkened a bit. He stood up. “Lillith, stay here a minute, my brother and I need to talk.”

“I will do as you say.” Lillith returned to her contemplation of the lake, probably waiting for a fish to jump out of the water. Lucifer walked away from her and beckoned me to follow.

“Is there a particular reason all of you are against me?” He snarled, his aura started flashing and flickering around him.

“I'm not for or against anyone.” I reassured him. “None of us felt that the universe was calling for this being to be created so what is her role in the balance? That is what is the most important thing here, maintaining the balance.”

“Elohim wanted to create her, I merely helped,” he snapped out “I saw it as a challenge. If you have a question as to the balance of the universe take it up with him. He would have created her and left her alone with no guidance. He's mad at me for showing her attention. He wanted some sort of slave or worshipper which is most certainly not within the balance. I am trying to give her a chance to be something more.”

The whole concept of a worshipper confused me at the time. We didn't require a creation to pray to us, we draw our power from the universe.

“A worshipper, what's that?” I asked