Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Gabriel and I were too astonished to move.

“What just happened?” Poor Gabriel, he hadn't had any prior warning about Elohim's madness. I may not have wholly believed Lucifer but at least I had had a few minutes to start getting used to the idea.

“Lucifer spoke of this. I didn't want to accept what he told me as truth but it appears he wasn't exaggerating. If anything he underestimated how much Elohim has changed.” I slowly stood back up at the same time Gabriel sank to the ground. My brother was shaking.

“Remiel, what is all this? What does it mean? How do we stop them?”

“I don't know if we can or what it means. We need to call all of our brothers together. Lucifer said he'd be willing to tell everyone his side.”

Gabriel's head was bowed, he dug his fingers into the ground.

“We should have stopped him before it got this far, Michael and I. We had a chance, we thought ourselves too busy to get involved.”

“What do you mean?”

“Elohim came to us, to discuss his plans for this new creation. He wanted our help at first, not Lucifer's. The Morningstar may be Elohim's favorite among us but he knows how independent Lucifer can be. Elohim said that he wanted to design a creation based off of the two of us because we have always been the most faithful to him. Michael and I thought the whole idea nonsense and told him so, then we left to take care of other assignments. I guess he went to Lucifer after that. If only we had agreed to help him maybe we could have built in a flaw that would have made it fail and he would have given up. Once Lucifer takes a challenge he keeps at it until what he is creating is perfect. He would not have purposely made a creation fail. His solution to the problem has made it much worse. In making her a truly independent and intelligent creature he has pushed Elohim even further. Now he won't stop until he gets exactly what he wants.”

“Is that why you and Michael both referred to some sort of storm coming? You already knew what his plans were. You knew what he was working on and it never dawned on either of you to mention something was a bit off.”

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I remember I had a brief conversation with Michael and Elohim about this new creation but at the time I was deep into figuring out how to create mammals that lived underwater and hadn't really paid too much attention.

His eyes flashed with anger. “Understand we weren't completely aware of the extent of his design. He never mentioned this whole concept of wanting creations to fawn over him. You are not completely blameless here. Elohim spoke with all of us at one point or another. If anyone is truly to blame it is Lucifer. He should have informed us as soon as he realized Elohim's true intentions.”

There it was again, Lucifer as the problem. The constant refrain of “Blame Lucifer” was starting to anger me. There was a crackling sound, the world became tinted with a lavender haze and the air heated up around me. Gabriel's eyes began to widen and he slowly backed away. I didn't understand at first, then realized that my anger was causing my aura to flare. As far as I can remember that was the first time I had truly experienced anger, I wish I could say it was the last. It was a struggle getting these new emotions under control and I'll admit I took a few steps towards Gabriel before I could stop myself.

Closing my eyes I turned away from him and slowly calmed myself. “My apologies brother. There is no point blaming each other or Lucifer. The true problem is Elohim, he will not stop until his vision is realized. That is what we need to focus on for now. Please summon Uriel, Michael and Raguel. I will call for Seraqual, Raphael and Lucifer. We must decide together what our next steps should be.”