Chapter 8 Part 2

Uriel was the first to arrive, Elohim was the next which surprised me, then the rest appeared with the last being Michael who's very first action was to start walking directly up to Lucifer with his fists clenched. I wasted no time getting in between the two.

“Michael, peace brother, I attacked him first. There is no need to do this. Lucifer did nothing wrong.”

Michael stopped barely a step in front of me, for a moment I thought he was going walk through me to get to Lucifer. His aura was already simmering with menace. “No Remiel, he started this when he chose to pick his own pride above the rest of us.”

A faint smile appeared on Elohim's face as Michael spoke which troubled me greatly, “No. Elohim began this when he first decided that he was the one in charge of the universe, not one of a family that was brought into existence by it. Stand down, please.” Elohim's smile quickly turned into a glare as I spoke. Michael kept looking past me at Lucifer until Uriel came to stand next me, then his eyes finally focused on me but he chose to say nothing as he backed several steps away.

Uriel did not move from my side and I looked at the rest of them before I spoke. Raguel, Seraqual, Raphael and Gabriel were standing all together and seemed fairly calm, Lucifer stepped around me and stood on the shoulder opposite of the one Uriel was standing next to, Michael and Elohim were close to each other but not truly standing together. Elohim's face seemed calculating whereas Michael was just angry.

“Are you truly recovered?” Elohim asked.

“Yes, thank you for asking. I called all of you here because this conflict will stop now.” My brothers seemed rather shocked by the assertive tone I was taking. “Elohim, when I disappeared, something spoke to me. It told me that this should not be and brought me back. That should answer your doubts as to whether or not there is something beyond yourself and us.” He hadn't been prepared for that, neither had the others but Elohim was the only one that mattered. I was expecting shock, which I saw, but what came afterwards was truly disturbing.

“Indeed? How do you know that was not us pulling you back to us? This is the first time any of us have been put in such a state, we all reached out to find you and bring you back. Perhaps we did.”

“I know how all of you feel, it was not you.” I attempted to clarify. “Besides at that moment I felt nothing, none of you, no energy around me, I was nothing.” Seraqual and Raphael gasped as I described that moment, Raquel's head lowered, Gabriel reached his arm out to me as if to comfort me, Uriel placed his hand on my shoulder and some of the anger finally left Michael.

Elohim walked up to me, “Remiel, we create life, that is what we do. You think we could not instinctively save one of our own if needed?” He placed his hand on my other shoulder, “We are all glad you are back but to think that something beyond ourselves saved you is, perhaps, a leap you wished to make to try to stifle this conflict and prove me wrong. I find it rather sad that you think your brothers would be unable to save you.”

He gave me a sad, gentle smile but his eyes held something much more devious in them. Lucifer's manipulations were bad enough, Elohim was quickly becoming as skilled if not more skilled than Lucifer in phrasing things to suit his designs. I knew I would have to move quickly.

“You, of course, are welcome to your opinion. I was there, I know what it was. Our interpretations of the event do not change the fact that if we allow ourselves to continue fighting over these new creations nothing good will come of it. Here is what I propose. The arrangement that was agreed upon between Lucifer and Elohim stands with these changes added. This, and only this, world will house these new creations. Once the mate is created, we leave them to their own devices. Neither of you come here and try to teach, help, coach, instill fear, respect or anything else into them. They are unique, that I grant you, but they are not to be placed above the rest of our responsibilities nor are they, or any other creation similar to them in any way, to be spread to other worlds. We need to contain the discordance that they cause. The rest of us move on, what has happened cannot be changed. Will all of you agree to this?”