Chapter 5 Part 2

(Author note - I'm back folks and so is Remiel.  I know I've missed him, I am sure some of you have too. I have a couple projects going at the same time but hopefully I will be putting in some more time on this story. I want to know where it goes :) Thanks for sticking with me and reading my work. Please vote and comment )

She seemed to understand that I would not have a better answer for her and silently nodded. We sat under the tree for quite some time, curiosity kept shining on her face but she chose not to ask the questions I could tell she had. At first I appreciated the respite from her quest for knowledge and went further down the path along my own “Whys?” but after a time I began to wonder what was keeping her from speaking.

“You can ask more questions,” I told her. “I did not mean to make you fear me or feel uneasy in my presence.”

“My mate that Elohim is making. Will Lucifer teach him things too? What will he be like?”

I could not think of a more awkward and uncomfortable situation for Lucifer to be in but it wasn't something I had considered until she brought it up. “I am not sure who will teach your mate, perhaps you can. It will take Elohim some time to create him, as quickly as you seem to be grasping things you'll be more than able to explain things to your mate. I'm not sure what he will be like but I am positive that you and he will get along.”

I think that statement was perhaps the most horrifically overly optimistic thing I have ever said in my long life. She seemed to be put a little at ease with my answers though.

“I'm sure we will, Remiel, he is like me. Why wouldn't we get along?” She was less than a week old, she can be forgiven not knowing better. I did not have the same refuge from reality that she had at the time.

We spent several more hours together and much of the time was spent just walking silently while she took in the immensity of the world she had become a part of. She simply had to touch everything, every leaf, every tree, every animal, every stone. It seemed that so much of what intrigued her was the various textures of things. My brothers and I have physical forms we take but at our core we are beings of energy and light and as such how the energy of creation resonates is what we notice. The closest thing I can liken it to is a composer creating a symphony where each creation is a note, a melody line or counterpoint that should all flow together. Even back then we could never feel where Lillith and the creations that came to be known as humans fit into the cosmic symphony and that dissonance only increased with time.

I've often wondered if on some deep level humans are aware of the fact that they cause disharmony and that is why they constantly quest for knowledge of a greater power or enlightenment. Some of them do carry a divine spark, but not all of them. Those that do, seem to be forever burdened with trying to reconnect to the divine but knowing that they will truly never be able to. Lucifer's desire to keep humans free from a form of servitude may have in the end condemned them to an eternal state of being half-aware, half-connected yet always alone.

Lillith and I were reclining under a tree, watching the sunset when Lucifer finally rejoined us. He appeared, in true Lucifer fashion, between us and the sunset with his aura flaring; blending all the hues of the sunset that was climaxing behind him with his colors, making it seem as if he was born of the sun itself. One thing you could never fault Lucifer for was his sense of style. Lillith was appropriately impressed, I'm quite sure I rolled my eyes. I remember seeing a bit of mischief in his face when he realized that I was rather underwhelmed by his appearance. He wasn't such an egotist that he was unaware when he was grandstanding just because he could.

“So Lillith, what did Remiel teach you?” He asked, taking a few steps towards her. He was holding his body in such a way that it appeared their separation had caused him some sort of pain.

Her eyes grew wide, a shy but excited smile alighting upon her graceful features. She started to close the rest of the distance between them but stopped short. “Remiel told me that you are different from me and that Elohim is making me a mate. Then he turned into this bright thing that to show me how different we are.”

Lucifer's eyes narrowed, the mischief fled and several moments passed before he spoke. “Yes, that's true. We are different and it is proper for Elohim to make you a mate.”

His aura dimmed and darkened, it had cost him to acknowledge that what Elohim was doing was technically right. I could tell he was caught between whatever he was already feeling towards her and his own belief that she should be given a choice and truly understand what he was.

He reached his hand out to her, “It's getting late, you should probably rest now. I found a place that will be suitable for you to sleep and keep you safe from any harm. Follow us Remiel, I wish to speak with you after Lillith gets settled in for the night.”

She took his hand, I nodded and the two of them disappeared from my sight. At the time I was still amazed that he had realized he could transport creatures and things with him, none of us had never had that thought before. I sensed it when he reached his destination and decided it was time for me to do some experimenting of my own. I dislodged a rock from the ground and sent myself to where Lucifer was, it was an odd sensation taking something with me. It was as if I somehow absorbed the rock within me and when I reappeared the rock was disgorged from my energy in the exact same state it had been in. I started to wonder if I instinctively knew the pattern for the rock and simply recreated a rock that matched the pattern or if it was indeed the same rock that I had picked up. The other, much broader thought I had which I promptly pushed away was if the rock was really there at all or if it was simply a creation of my own mind which allowed me to create it where ever and when ever I was. Since I had picked up a rock, in my mind I felt that I had to have another rock in my hand. Could I have reappeared and have it appear floating in the air in front of me instead of in my hand? Lillith was a much more complex creation than a rock and Lucifer had transported her at least twice now without any apparent ill effects to her, I wondered if it were having an affect on him. If in transporting her he was giving her even more of his energy in some way and binding them even closer together.

He had taken them to a cave that was rather scenically placed on top of a water fall overlooking a lake that was surrounded by a dense forest. I remembered helping craft this specific location, we had debated on the height of the waterfall in relation to the area around it. I felt that we needed to give an access area for animals to get to the top. Seraqual was much more interested in making in remote and inaccessible so only we and the birds would could enjoy the full beauty of it. He was always a bit odd, we compromised on a slightly lower height with only one rocky path to it. Lucifer escorted her into the cave. She hadn't seemed overwhelmingly tired to me but she apparently fell asleep quickly or he put her to sleep. It wasn't long before he returned to where I stood watching the water tumble and dance into the lake below.

He stood next to me, looking out across the lake into the darkening sky, “You showed her our true form?” His tone was disturbingly calm.

“Yes, I felt it was the quickest way to explain things to her. Do you feel I was in error?”

“How did she react?”

“Startled and scared at first, she dashed behind a tree and covered her eyes. She thought the light had devoured me, like the big fish eating the small fish.”

A slight chuckle escaped him as I said that.

“I shifted back and once I had calmed her she said she wouldn't like to do that, I told her she wasn't able to. I would say she was a bit nervous to ask questions after that but it may have simply a because she had a lot to take in.”

He turned to face me then and such an expression he wore. I'd never seen Lucifer hesitant to say, ask or do anything, he'd always been supremely confident in himself. Yet at that moment he was nervous, confused and unsure of what he may hear in response to whatever he was about to say. “Was she truly afraid though Remiel? Not startled, but afraid, like when the mouse senses the snake or the cat.”

“Not at all, once she got over the initial shock she was fine. Why?”

His face cleared, confidence flowing back into his features but his eyes hardened and a bitter twist came to his lips. “I succeeded. She'll not fear him or us no matter what he does.”