Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

Adam stayed silent the rest of the time he slept. When he awakened he headed away from where Lillith and Lucifer had been and found some food. He didn't seem the least bit concerned for Lillith and went about his day with no further communication from Elohim. I found this troublesome as it appeared that he had formed no bond with her. I wasn't sure how much of that was due to her the bond she already had with Lucifer or how much was Elohim's doing. Back then, the mysteries of human emotions and how humans choose mates were even further beyond us. Even after all this time I still am not sure how that works.

I spent the day with Adam but gained no further insight into Elohim's plans or location. As the sun began to set I had calmed down enough to be able to speak with Lucifer again and sent a thought in his direction. “How is she?”

“She has recovered,” he replied. “As have I. Thank you for asking.”

“Adam said something earlier, in his sleep. Elohim appears to be making him a new mate.”

I hadn't been sure what to expect when Lucifer heard the news. His lack of response made it clear that he was just as confused about it as I was.

“Did he say why?” he asked.

“It appears Elohim views her as tainted.” I was surprised how calm he remained. Perhaps he had reached the point where he was no longer surprised what Elohim would accuse him of.

“Truly? A new mate?”

A sense of eagerness resounded within him but it wasn't filled with joy and excitement. I have watched many predators hunt and that pivotal moment right before they commit in full to the lunge or strike, that is how Lucifer felt.

“Will you inform her?” I asked. Silence greeted my question.

“I must take some time to decide what is best. Thank you for the information,” he replied then brushed the topic aside, “I informed Uriel how I hid the bond between she and I. He relayed it to the others then left. Perhaps you should speak with him and see if he needs assistance. I have other things to attend to.”

His tone left little question that he was drawing the line as to what he would partake in. Since he felt that the conversation needed to end and I had little desire in pursuing anything further I reached out, found Uriel and left without another word.

Uriel, myself, Raguel, Michael and a rather grudging Gabriel spent a great deal of time searching for Elohim. Raphael and Seraqual chose to remain apart from the rest of us and we respected their decision. Michael assisted more out of concern that Elohim was creating a great numbers of the creatures I destroyed than any real desire to find Elohim. We all reacted differently to what had transpired. The split between Elohim and Lucifer felt in many ways like we had suffered two deaths in the family. Myself, Uriel and Michael forced ourselves to stay occupied. When we weren't looking for Elohim we did what tasks we could. Raguel built a wall of stone around what he was feeling, his remarks became sharper and more hurtful and Gabriel hovered on the edge of silence for quite some time. He only spoke when spoken to and took much longer to complete things than was normal for him. All of us avoided Lucifer while we searched for Elohim.

Whatever Elohim was doing allowed him to elude us for quite some time. When he finally reappeared to us we gathered together before rushing to where we sensed him to be.

“He is on the same planet as they are,” Uriel said. “There is something else too.”

Michael shook his head, clenched his fist and his arm became enveloped in golden light. “He made more.”