\.Even More Precious./

9 years later...

Monday, - May 23, 1988

As I entered the Bambino Gesù Hospital yet again, the strong smell of sanitizer, rubber gloves and fresh bedsheets immediately hit me.I've been working here for about two weeks now but I guess I'd probably never get used to it.Luckily, this was the second last internship I had to do!Then I could finally start working.I already was so excited...I just hope to get a job in the USA - the work conditions are much better there and I really wanna be closer to my friends and family.Since I moved to Malibu with three of my closer friends, I really didn't get to see them very often - especially Adri.She's working in Rochester now and it's just too far away!I miss her.God I can't believe we're all grown up and adults by now - time literally flew by.But studying psychology is surely one of the coolest things to do, it's so so interesting but you have to be very hardworking and concentrated...I mean I shouldn't complain, life is great so far!
I went through the big entry hall and then walked up the stairs to the second floor I was working at.It's the station for critically ill children where I'm responsible for their psychic well-being.So my main tasks are to talk to them, helping them to deal with their disease - although I'm talking to the parents, family members and closest friends quite as much.It's very interesting and I have to admit: I'm a bit proud of myself.Handling those hard situations all by myself really is tough but I seem to manage that pretty good so far.

"Hi Mira, feelin' better today?"
Marc walked up to me, lightly rubbing my shoulder.He was really sweet...
"Yeah I think so, thanks."
I smiled.I had been sick for the past two days.I was lying in bed all day long with fever and a huge headache but now I felt much better - the little tricks from my grandma did help as usual and so I was able to go to work again and much more important - to attend the big Bad concert Michael was helding here in Rome tonight.
Gosh I was so nervous and excited already!
"Girl you missed so much yesterday!Actually I don't think you'll believe me when I tell you what happened..."
He giggled and looked at me with his big blue eyes.
"Whaat?Tell me, I wanna know!"
"Ok but please promise me not to kill me afterwards."
Now I was even more curious.
"No, I promise.Unless you won't tell me..."
I said in the sweetest voice I could do.I impatiently swayed from one foot to the other and waited for him to speak up.
"Ok.Imma tell ya."
Thank you god.
"So yesterday when you weren't here, someone came to visit our station here in the hospital...You know he just randomly walked down the hallway with all of his security guards and spend about four hours with the children and us!"
He smiled and seemed very happy about it.But honestly, I had no clue who he was talking about.
"Who came and visited you?"
I asked him.
"Michael freaking Jackson!Mira it was so great!"
My jaw instantly dropped and I couldn't think.Michael Jackson?My Michael visiting this very hospital?AND I WAS SICK AT HOME?I hate my life - for real.I wanted to bury myself forever.I think if I didn't have the ticket for his concert I'd probably killed myself right then and there.
"Really?Oh my god, that's great!"
That was all I could say at this moment, not wanting the devastation in my voice to be noticeable.I then gave him a quick smile and said:
"Hey listen, I really have much work to do and I think I need to start right now if I wanna leave this building today.Sooo....I really gotta go.But we'll surely see each other again today."
I touched his arm.
"See you around, ok?"
"Oh yeah, sure!Hey wanna have lunch with me today?"
He asked me.To be honest he was really sweet but I had just separated from my ex a few weeks ago and was not ready for any new man in my life yet.
"Sure, you wanna come to my office at 2?"
Uhh, excuse me!I just told myself that I need some time for myself.How can someone be so damn stupid?GURL!
"Yeah of course!"
His eyes were glistening and before I'd get myself into more trouble I quickly turned around and walked up to my little office in the middle of the blue and white painted hallway.I opened the wooden door and stepped inside.Opening the huge windows next to my desk, I put my coat over the chair.Then I sat down, leaving the door open - if there was any patient struggling with a problem or a parent wanting to talk to me, I wanted them to just come in and not having to wait outside.I wanted to show them that I really cared - that was my job, right?
As I noticed the huge amount of papers, letters and applications waiting for me to be edited, I sighed deeply.And before I would find myself distracted by the fact that Michael had been here one day ago, I directly started working.