\.Extremely Beautiful./

Thursday, - June 8, 1989

I quickly closed the door behind me, taking a deep breath out as I looked around our apartment.
Ok, Adri would be here at six - that means, I still got two hours left to just do nothing and think about my life since it is my birthday today.
But just as I wanted to go into the kitchen to grab myself a glass of cold water, I heard a knock on the door.Raising my eyebrows at the thought of who could be here right now, I just hoped that it wouldn't be guests for a surprise party and quickly turned the doorknob to open it.
"Yes?"
I smiled politely, looking into the face belonging to the postman.
"Hello, Miss...Abelin, am I right?"
The small man looked at me, scratching his short black hair with a pen.He smiled, looking into my eyes.
"Yeah, that's me."
I chuckled, waiting for him to hand me the little package in his hands.
"Oh, I'm - I'm sorry I didn't ring the doorbell but I was already inside the house since I delivered a package for your neighbor living on the first floor.He was the one who told me that you stay here for a little while - I couldn't find your name on the entrance door."
He explained.
"Oh, yeah.I'm...this is actually my friend's flat but she lets me stay here since it is so big."
Giggling, I looked down at my nails.
"Oh, ok.That...makes sense.Here, this one's for you."
He handed me the package, giving me a warm smile.
"Thank you!"
He nodded his head, quickly pulling out a board with a paper clipped on it from under his arm.
"I just need your signature right here."
He pointed at a black dotted line on the top of the paper, handing me the pen.I carefully took it, writing my name on the paper and handed it back to him.
"Thanks, Miss.Have a nice day."
He playfully bowed down a little, putting on his black cap again as he turned around to walk down the stairs.
"You too!"
I ended our conversation, smiling as I took a step back into the flat, closing the door before walking into the kitchen.I sat down on the barstool in front of the counter and placed the package, which was wrapped in beautiful white and golden fancy paper, on top of it.Wondering what could be in there, I quickly noticed the little card which was fixated on top and the belonging sender adress.

5225 Figueroa Mountain Road, Los Olivos, California, United States of America

My heart jumped, realizing that this was sent from no other than Michael.Getting all excited, I carefully opened the card, reading what was written inside.

Dear Mira,

Happy 26th birthday!
I truly wish you all the best for the upcoming, new year of your life.May it become something you can be thankful for and a year that you won't be able to forget.
But most importantly, I wish for you to stay healthy, focused, happy and just the way you already are, because that is extremely beautiful.
And please, don't ever think you should have to change a single detail about yourself.I feel very honored and rejuvenated to have someone like you, although there actually isn't even one person I could compare to you, in my life.
Thank you for making me feel like a 26 years-old again!

With love,
Michael

"Aww!"
I exclaimed, carefully putting the letter back into the envelope again and placed it next to the package.I carefully unwrapped the gift, taking a closer look at the box which was now visible.
Zales
Was the line and only word that decorated the tiny, dark red box.
I'm pretty sure I've heard this word somewhere...
Wondering what could be in there, I curiously opened it and almost fainted.I quickly closed it again, pushing it towards the other end of the counter as I put my hair behind my ears.I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and - after feeling more comfortable again - hesitantly took the box back into my hand.I stretched my neck, slowly opening it again as I hoped that this was all just a little imagination my mind made up.
But it wasn't.It definitely wasn't.
Bringing it closer to my face, I started shaking my head for what I saw was just beyond beautiful.

I carefully took the ring out of the jewelry box and examined the amazingly looking stone.I had never seen such a magical thing in my entire life and the way it was changing its color, depending on how the light would shine onto it, was truly stunning.It was something between deep purple and turquoise and blue, also with slightly green parts.I slowly put it on my ring finger, surely looking like a little child as I smiled.Then I noticed a tiny note being put into the box as well.

Found out that this stone, an alexandrite, is the birthstone of June - so I just had to buy it.I hope you like my little gift.

Like it?!That ring is awesome!
I quickly made my way to the phone, dialing his telephone number which I already knew by heart.Waiting for him to pick up, I took a look at the ring again, shaking my head in awe.
"Yes?"
His sweet voice was heard from the other end of the phone.
"Michael, heyyy!"
"Mira!Happy birthday!I would've called you earlier but I just go-"
"Oh, please.It's nothing."
I giggled.
"I just wanted to say thank you for the letter and the card and the ring.It's really, really beautiful!"
I explained.
"Oh, I'm glad you like it.You're welcome."
His chuckles made me lightly laugh.
"Yes, I love it!It's very unique and it really looks extremely amazing."
"Yeah, represents you quite well, right?"
I felt my cheeks getting red, although he couldn't even see me being flattered at his compliment.
"Thanks...I - you know, I really start thinking that you're an angel or something."
I shook my head, smiling into the phone.
"Thank you."
He laughed.
"But for real Mike, that ring is beyond a good present.How did you know I would love it so much?"
I asked.
"Well, I know you by now - and as I always say, likes attract, my dear."
He said, making me chuckle.
"But don't think it was easy to get it.I risked my life for you Mira, remember that."
"Really?What did you - wait..."
The word written on the box came back to my mind again.
Zales
I repeated it a few times and then it hit me.That was the store where the police had mistaken him for a robber a couple of weeks ago!
"Oh god!That's the store where -"
"Yes, where everybody thought I was about to steal all the jewelry inside the store."
He giggled.
"But it was worth it in the end, right?You see, I'm willing to undergo any risk or danger just to make you happy, I'm a good person."
He dramatically added, causing the both of us to laugh.
"A very good person, Mr.Jackson.And I really appreciate it - honestly.I mean, I never thought I'd become friends and...just get so close to my biggest idol but now that I am, it's so much fun and...it feels so right, as if it had always been this way.And you're not even the king of pop to me anymore, I...I really see so much more in you and I would never even think about trading the time I spent with you for something else."
I said, realizing that I just opened up about a lot regarding my feelings and quickly felt insecure again.
Was it too much?
"I think the same goes for me, honey.And when I say that you really are very special and unique, I mean it.And I couldn't imagine someone else replacing you - ever.Mira, you're on a very good way to become my favorite person in this whole world."
I suddenly noticed a tear slipping out of my eye and then another, and another.Not being able to hide it, I already found myself lightly sobbing.
"Michael, you can't just say something like that.Oh god..."
I whined.
"Did I make you cr- Oh no, I made you cry on your birthday!I'm sorry."
"No it's -"
I quickly whipped my tears away.
"I'm not sad, it's because I'm happy."
"You cry because you're happy?"
He unbelievably asked, making me laugh.
"Yes.Yes, I...cry because you're just too good to be true and I -"
"And you are the person who's even better, exactly."
He quickly completed my sentence, giggling.
...