\.Prove You Wrong./

Saturday, - July 16, 1988

I put the key into the whole, turning it to open my door.Totally out of breath, I stepped into my small flat on the third floor.All I could think about was drinking a glass of cold water.I'd been jogging through the park right across the street about five times now and needed a shower...But since the weather was really beautiful for once in a lifetime when you're living in the usual rainy London, I just had to use this chance to do a bit sport.

On the phone later that day...
"And...did you meet Princess Diana already?"
I asked him, playing with the telephone cord while scribbling little symbols on the tissue which he had his telephone number from the hotel written on.
"Yes, I did!She's very amazing..."
"I know, right?She's one of my absolute role models - besides you of course."
I giggled as I heard him chuckle through the phone.
"Thank you.But yeah - Diana is really lovely, she reminds me of you though.
"Really?Thank you - that's such a nice compliment..."
"You're welcome."
He chuckled.
"So the concert went well I guess?"
I asked him.
"I hope so...but I think yes.You know, actually I wanted to take Dirty Diana out of the set list because Lady Di was there to watch the concert - so I thought this could be disrespectful or something."
"Yeah, sure."
"But she insisted that I should do that song because it's one of her favorites-"
"So you played it?"
"Yeah - but I just tried not to think of it..."
I chuckled.
"You should take that as a compliment though, I mean she said that she likes your work!"
"Yes, that's true!I felt very happy when she told me that, she's very nice...Oh I - almost forgot to ask you something."
He started.
"Yes?I'm all ears."
I leaned against my bed since I was sitting on the floor right in front of it and waited for him to continue.
"Would you - well, like to have dinner with me?...I mean not like a...date, more like - it's just that I can't go outside.Uhm - if you'd like we could eat in my room, just if-"
"Michael, I'd love to."
I carefully interrupted him.
"What?"
I giggled, he seemed to be so nervous.
"I said, I'd love to have dinner with you!"
"Oh, good!"
He took a deep breath out.
"I mean - great,That's perfect..."
I couldn't help but chuckle at his shyness.
"Uhh, when - when should I come then?"
"Oh right.You - what about Friday, around...oh!"
"What?"
Asking him politely, I stretched my back.
"I'm doing a concert on that night!"
"Seems like I'm already doing a good job..."
I chuckled.
"With what?"
"Distracting you, Mr.Jackson."
"Yeah - that's probably right though."
He chuckled.
"But we could still have dinner after the concert, right?I mean - just if you want to...You surely are very exhausted after the concert."
"No, it's totally fine - really!"
"Ok, great.Then - at 10?"
"Well, I think that's gonna work quite well - yeah.10 sounds good to me."
I could feel him smiling through the phone.
"Nice.Then we see each other on Friday?"
"Yes!And on...Wednesday - if I'm right."
"Wednesday?"
"Mhh, I'm gonna visit the hospital again - since I have to prove that you're really working and not having tooo much free time."
He giggled.
"Oh, I see...You don't trust me when it comes to my eagerness and motivation.I'm gonna prove you wrong then."
"Yeah yeah, try that."
"Michael!I didn't think you could be that mean."
I laughed.
"Me neither, I guess that's what you do to me."
"Sure.What am I doing wrong then?"
"Oh, nothing.I just like to tease you."
He laughed again.
"Just remember, two can play that game..."
I smirked to myself.

Later on that evening...
And the last book was laid back on my shelf above my bed.I had just finished cleaning my whole apartment which had been very necessary to be honest.I quickly turned around to look at my clock to check on the time and saw that it was already past 11 - perfect!
Putting the cleaning items back into the kitchen, I walked to my bathroom to take a quick shower before going to bed.Taking off my white shirt and blue jeans, I remained standing there in nothing more than my underwear.I slowly opened my messy bun, letting my hair fall down to my shoulders while I stretched my back.I then opened my bra, putting it to the side along with my panties.Doing so, I remembered the time when Miles - my ex - used to do that for me, or Nathan.I suddenly caught myself smirking as the thoughts of me and them rushed through my mind.They were both hot stuff in bed, unfortunately - and although I didn't want to face the truth, it was becoming obvious to me that I needed a boyfriend.I quickly stepped into the shower and turned the water on before I'd find myself being too needy all of a sudden.Was I really starting to miss my ex?
Girl, don't do that!He's an asshole, cheated on you only god knows how many times...Or would he really be able to change?You know, I've never been a person who could just turn around and leave someone I loved.They'd always have a special place in my heart, if I liked that feeling or not.Same goes for my ex which I had been together with for almost five whole years.Although Nathan was my first love, Miles somehow managed to make me feel so...good.And he wasn't a total ass!He may have had his bad sides - but honestly, who hasn't?He actually never treated me badly - well, until I found out that he had sex with another girl.Of course he was too drunk to tell her no and couldn't do anything against it...yeah sure!
I poured some shampoo into my hands and massaged it into my already wet hair.
We actually had everything...if he only wouldn't have been that materialistic all the time.Thinking he had to buy me everything I wanted and making me presents almost every weekend didn't help covering up his affair in the end.I guess he just didn't understood that he was all I needed and that I'd been happy even if we would've been living under a bridge.I honestly didn't care at that time for his love made me feel like I was on top of the world.Uuugghh - why did he have to sleep with that girl?I am so done with playing those stupid love games.What I needed was honesty...
I deeply sighed, lying down on my warm bed and quickly turned off the light.Taking in the cold night air which was floating through my opened window, I thought about the dinner with Michael again.
Jesus!My feelings are a total mess...But what was even more important - what was I going to wear on Friday?I could really need Adri right now, I missed her so so much.She was like a sister to me and always understood me so very well - and although she may not always have had a solution to every problem I had, she made me feel better just by talking to me...Maybe I should be thinking about working near her, then I'd at least have my best friend by my side.I'm probably never going to have a beautiful love life.What is wrong with me?
...