\.So Complicated./

Monday, - July 4, 1988

It's strange to explain how one single week can turn your whole life upside down.I mean, I knew that I love him as a fan, someone who admires her idol - but after being able to talk to him so much and spending time with him, away from all the cameras...I think I was starting to really love him - not just as an idol but as a person I liked, a good friend, a...man.
Which was not good at all to be honest, since I'm probably never going to see that angel again.But why should life be all easy and perfect all of a sudden, right?
I took one last sip from my coffee and then grabbed my purse and keys to leave my small apartment I had rented for the next two months here in London.Finally the last internship had started and it wouldn't be long until I could start working as a psychologist in a pedriatric clinic.Unfortunately my flight came very very late yesterday, what led to having just five hours of sleep since today was already my first working day.I was so glad when those internships would eventually come to an end and I'd be able to return to Malibu and my friends - and my dog Annie!I missed them all so so much...

20 minutes later...
Ahh!Great Ormond Street - finally I found the hospital I'd be working in for the next weeks.I tightened my ponytail before taking a step into the big building.Heading towards the reception, I was already greeted by a very friendly lady.She must've been in her mid-fifties or so.Her black and grey curls did just reached onto her shoulders and seeing me, she immediately put her glasses on top of her head, giving me a big smile.
"Hello, how can I help you?"
"Hi, my name is Mrs.Abelin, I'm here for the inter-"
"The internship, right?"
I raised my eyebrows at her, how did she know?
"Doctor Sanders already informed me about you coming today, that's why I knew."
She gave me a quick smile, her green eyes funnily glistening at me.
"Oh, yeah that's right.I'm doing my last internship her for the next two months."
I scratched my head, grabbing my purse a bit tighter.
"Yeah, wonderful!I hope you'll have a good time here...Look, these-"
She put some papers on top of the reception counter as I took a step closer to her, smiling.
"Are the formulas you'll need to fill out - don't worry, if you don't know what to write, you can ask me!You see that door?"
She pointed towards a green door on the other side of the floor.
"Yeah."
I answered, turning my head back to her.
"This is our waiting room.I thought like, you can sit down there and fill all of that out...It shouldn't take that long - and when you're finished, just bring them back to me and I'll hand you the keys and walk you to your station, ok?"
"Yeah, thank you so much!"
That lady was really nice.
"You're welcome."
She handed me the papers and a pen, nodding at me as I turned around to walk towards the waiting room.

4 formulas later...
"Here, I think I'm ready!"
I happily exclaimed, handing her the papers along with the pencil.
"Oh great!Were you able to answer all the questions?"
She asked.
"Well, I hope so."
I giggled as she smiled yet again.
"Ok, that sounds good.Then - I'm gonna show you the station you'll be working on, alright?"
"Yeah, that would be very nice."
I politely answered, already finding myself following her through the halls of the hospital.

In the evening...
First day done!Actually my life was just going great, I'd be having a job soon, have my friends very close to me, my family was doing very well so far and I'm healthy.There's nothing I should be worrying about, or should I?Well, having no boyfriends but only boys that want you for that body is honestly going on my nerves.And I've come to the point where I don't even need a boyfriend, what I need is a man.
Someone who isn't interested in playing that stupid games,
Someone who wants me and is willing to fight for it - because I can tell there'll be guys who won't appreciate that,
Someone who cares and feels the same way I do,
Basically I need someone whose name is Michael Jackson.
You may say one week is simply not enough to fall in love - and actually this is very true - but when it comes to him, one minute will do just fine...Unfortunately!Because now I'm sitting here, watching stupid love movies in my apartment and thinking about how a normal and boring girl like me could find a way to make him meet me again.He probably doesn't even know who I am anymore - and I can't blame him.He's traveling the world day by day, doing concerts and meeting so many different people that he probably barely remembers his own name.
Do you know that feeling when you're telling yourself that whatever you have in mind will definelty not work out - but deep down you still know that, if you believe strongly enough, there'll be a way that it's going to happen?
Well - I'm not having that right now.
There's no way we'll meet each other again - ever.Why you may ask - because we live in two completely different worlds...
Why does my life always have to be so complicated - or is it me who just makes things be that way?
I don't know man...but what I know is that my world's grey since he left.I actually can't wait to get back to work tomorrow, at least that distracts me from my not so super cutie love life.Maybe I should just get back together with my ex - ok, no.I wasn't that badly off!
I focused back on the movie again - a normal love movie I guess: the girl falls for the boy, isn't sure if he'll love her back and just when she's about to tell him, she finds out that he's almost engaged.We can just all pray that this is not the story of my life...
...