\.Nothing But The Truth./

Sunday, - June 19, 1988

As I took a step out of the shower, I could hear Pablo's voice again.
"Miraaa!Gurl - breakfast's ready, hurry up!"
I giggled while I tried to wrap the towel around my wet body.
"I'm coming Pab, just wait for like five minutes.Boy - you act as if orange juice could get could!"
I smiled and soon after I could hear him laughing at my sentence.
"I just don't wanna wait the whole dahayy...I'm on the balcony Mira."
"Ok, I'll be there in a minute."
I quickly brushed my teeth and dried my body with the towel.I put on my beige palazzo pants along with a white shirt and then removed the towel which was wrapped around my hair.I brushed it and massaged some oil into the hair-ends.After that, I put some cream on my face and opened the bathroom door.The smell of fresh croissants, orange juice and fruits immediately hit my face and I walked through the living room to the balcony where Pablo was already waiting for me.He had set the table very beautifully and I was quite impressed.
"Wow!That's so nice...and the weather is beautiful too!I feel truly blessed."
I looked at him and while he stood up from his chair to pour coffee into my cup - he smiled at me.
"Thanks, I tried really hard to make you feel comfortable!I know you're like a little diva at times."
He chuckled.
"What?"
I gasped while hitting his arm playfully.
"You know damn well that this ain't true!You're just jealous anyways!"
"Jealous of what?"
He raised an eyebrow at me.
"You're jealous of those curves gurl..."
I grabbed myself a croissant and took a sip from my coffee, trying to hide my smile.Then he busted out laughing and so did I.He put some strawberry marmalade on his croissant and bit into it.
"Just tell me one thing Mira."
He said with his mouth full, making me look up from my plate.
"Yes sir?"
I smiled at him.
"Why are you so damn calm?I'd really like to know that - I mean you don't even seem to be a little excited.How do you do that darling?"
I had no clue what he was talking about.
"What do you mean?"
I asked him.Instead of an answer to my question he only raised his eyebrows at me again, looking at me like I was crazy or something.I went on drinking a bit of my coffee, waiting for him to speak up.
"Are you kidding me?You'll be meeting Michael motherfucking Jackson yet you act as if y-"
I almost split my coffee out.Luckily I managed to gulp it down quickly enough.WHAT THE HELL?
"What in the world are you talking about?!Are you crazy Pablo?"
I asked with my eyes wide open.
"Oh come on, don't act as if you don't know."
I still had not a single idea.Was he taking drugs or something?Me - responsible for the king of pop?!I started to worry about him, maybe he was sick or something.
"Pab, are you alright?"
I held my two fingers up in the air.
"Here, follow them."
I said while I slowly moved them from left to right.Suddenly I felt him grabbing my arm and putting it down on the table.
"Gurl!"
He slowly breathed in and out.
"I'm serious right now!Didn't Henry talk to you about that?"
"No - I don't even know what YOU'RE freaking talking about.I swear if you're gonna play me or something I-"
"I'm not playing you.Ok listen..."
He stood up from his chair and leaned over the railing, folding his hands.Now I was getting curious.If he got that serious, then it usually always was something important.
"I really thought he told you.Ugh..."
He ran his fingers through his black short hair.He was making me nervous by now.I walked towards him and touched his arm lightly.
"That he told me what, Pab?"
"That you'll be responsible for the king of pop himself.Don't you understand?You're the only person your uncle would accept for this job.He can't allow himself mistakes this time and since you're his niece, you're the only one he'll trust entirely!He wants you to do this, that's why you're working here again this year gurl."
"Wait wait wait!"
I shook my head.
"I've always came to work here during my study break, that doesn't even make sense!"
"Yeah that's right but...I guess it's just a coincidence that you've got time when he'll be staying here, you know?"
"No, I don't know!What is this even for a game?You know how much I adore and love this man!Why do you make it worse by telling me lies about me meeting him?That's so mean, for real!"
I was so confused at this point.He grabbed my shoulders and his brown eyes met mine.
"I am not kidding.I swear to god!"
"You're not religious gurl!"
"I swear to Prince, ok?"
Woah - that was hard!Prince is like - everything to him and he's totally obsessed with that guy.Not only is he a big fan as I am but he lives for that man.Oh god, what if he really wasn't lying at all...
"Mira?"
"Yes?"
I looked at his face, trying to read his expressions - but I ended up finding nothing but the truth.
"I'm telling the truth.Michael's arriving at the Hôtel de Crillon tomorrow around 11.That's why you need to be there so early already.He'll be holding two concerts here in Paris."
"When?"
Now I wanted to hear the details.
"I think on June 27 and 28...Listen -"
"No, if that was the truth it wouldn't even make sense.When he's doing two concerts in 7 days, then why in the world would he arrive here so much earlier?"
"I don't know Mira, maybe he has to meet some people and wants to see the city or something!Why should I be lying to you though?"
He had his hands on his hips and stared deeply into my eyes.He got a point to be honest but it just sounded so unrealistic...
"Ok, then just answer this question for me: Why didn't you already tell me yesterday when I arrived?"
"Well, I thought you were still jet lagged or something and because I hadn't seen you in such a long time, I honestly forgot about that whole Michael Jackson thing, really.You know what, believe me or not - but I'm telling the truth Mira...I just don't get why Henry wouldn't talk to you about that."
"Maybe he thought I'd be too nervous and would say no or something, I don't know."
Pablo took my hands into his.
"So do you believe me now?"
I looked away from his stare and let my eyes travel across the buildings.I looked up at the sky...Deep down I knew he was telling the truth - but that would mean I'd be meeting my biggest idol in less than 24 hours!Why should he be lying anyways?Oh my god!I was going to meet Michael Jackson!
"Yes I believe you!"
I said and thinking about tomorrow, I already felt my legs getting weak.
"Ok, great!So - shall we continue having breakfas-"
"Pablo, I'M GONNA MEET MICHAEL JACKSON!"
Yup, I think I'm slowly getting it.
"Do you even realize what this means?I'll meet him - like I'll be able to look into that angelic face, listen to that soft voice and maybe even touch his hair OR HIS HAND, OH MY GOD!"
I ran back into the apartment, literally screaming my lungs out.I was basically jumping up and down like a frog on ecstasy.I must've looked like I went totally insane and I think I actually wasn't even that far away from it...

Two hours later...
"Ok, yeah I think this will work!"
After I went totally crazy for about an hour straight, Pablo somehow made me eat my breakfast and then we directly went to my room to discuss every little detail - well, it was mostly me dragging him to my room and having him sit on my bed to tell me if the outfit would look acceptable or not.
I held up a beautiful white blouse with long puffy arms, letting the shoulders be free.It was a bit tighter at the waist and matched the white pants perfectly fine.I was so glade that I was able to find a good and professional outfit which would still look very feminine and cute.
"That's absolutely stunning if you ask me!You'll look great in this."
Pablo stood up from the bed and walked up to me.He then put my face between his hands.
"Just don't think about it too much, ok?I'm sure he'll fall in love with you even if you'd wear a freaking sack - and we both know he'll wanna give it to you right when you greet him!"
"Excuse me?I don't want him to - I, I just wanna look acceptable."
Wow.Even I am not believing myself.
"Yeah sure - and my name is Whitney Houston!Gurl, you know damn well that you want him - more than anything..."
He gave me that innocent smile and after noticing me blushing really hard, he exited the room while whistling the refrain of the song The Way You Make Me Feel.I could've killed him at that moment but unfortunately everything he just said was true.
...