\.Regret Lying To Me./

Monday, - December 26, 1988

"Miraaa!Where's she?"
I suddenly heard Adri's voice shouting through the whole house.I quickly got up from the couch, heading towards the door.
"Mir- ahh, there you are!Gurl, you won't believe me what I just saw."
She grabbed my arms, taking a deep breath out.Her eyes getting bigger and bigger, she looked at me, saying:
"This date with Miles - it's today, right?"
"Yeah, but why-"
"Listen, first of all, I wouldn't have even given him a second chance as I told you yesterday - cause that boy is no good.But after you told me what he said, I could understand why you said yes cause you two got a past with each other and stuff.BUT - here's the thing!"
She explained while we walked towards the big kitchen.She placed the grocery bag on the counter, continuing with what she wanted to tell me.
"I just went to the supermarket to get some ingredients for today's evening, you know?Anyway, I was looking for - something, I don't remember what, and then I say him."
She made sure to pronounce the last word with disgust.
"You mean - Miles?"
I asked, wondering what happened.
"No - Santa."
She rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, of course it was Miles.I'm sooo pissed right now.Oh my god!"
She exclaimed, shaking her head.
"What happened?"
"Oh, yeah.So - as I said, I was looking for something and when I approached the checkout and looked out of the huge window, I saw Miles with another girl - KISSING!They were basically making out with each other - and trust me, this didn't look as if she wanted to seduce him.They laughed and joked around, he kissed her and stuff - it was just...I couldn't believe my eyes really!"
"Whaaat?I - Are you sure it was him?"
I asked, hoping that she may have confused him with someone else or something.He seemed to be so...different yesterday.She carefully grabbed both of my hands, looking up at me.
"Yeah, I'm very sure.I'm...so sorry Mira!Really.I also thought you could trust him again after yesterday's night.You said he was so..."
"Honest?"
She nodded her head, pulling me into a warm hug.I couldn't move.At that point, I was way more angry than sad.How could he lie to me again?Does he really think he could just change for the better if he's staying the same?
"It's okay, really."
I lightly patted her back.She pulled away.
"You sure?"
"Yes!Believe me, I'm rather angry and...just disappointed in him."
"Mhh...I can understand that.But it wasn't your fault though - it's not you who's the fool, it's hi-"
"Oh, I know honey!He's just beyond stupid - and trust me, he will - he will regret lying to me.Again."
"Uhm...Mira, what are you up to?"
She asked, sounding a little afraid.
"I'm gonna pay that little ass back my dear..."
I said, thinking of how I'd be able to make him feel like he should - weak and regretful.
"I'm gonna pay him back so so bad..."
Adri smirked at me.
"You've got anything particular in mind?"
She asked.
"No, not yet.But trust me - this date tonight won't be happening the way he wishes."
I smiled.

In the afternoon...
"Ok, I think I know what we'll be doing."
I told her.
"We?Uhm..."
I smiled, continuing to explain.
"Yeah, I need you for that...Will you help me, please?"
She laughed.
"Gurl, I'll always got your back!So...how do we gonna treat that fool?"
We both smirked.
"Well, first of all - we'll be needing a video recorder...And then..."

At Mile's house...
"You've got everything?"
Adri asked after getting off the car.She closed the door as I did the same, looking at her.
"Yup, I think so.You have the recorder, right?"
I asked, adjusting my jogging pants.

You have the recorder, right?"I asked, adjusting my jogging pants