\.Nothing More./

Sunday, - June 26, 1988

"Are weeee going nowww?"
My little cousin whined from behind me.
"Yeah, just wait like - two seconds..."
I turned around and extended my hand for her to grab it.
"Ok, ready!Let's go Catie."
As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I found myself already being pulled towards the elevators.I had told Michael yesterday that Catie is a huge fan of him and he immediately insisted on meeting her, it was so sweet...We were walking around Paris until 3 or 4 and then eventually went back to the hotel - nobody noticed a thing!It was just gre-
"MI-RAA!"
Catie's voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts.
"Yes?"
She took a deeep breath out, acting all dramatic and annoyed, it was so cute.
"I said: Are we going to meet him in his suite."
"Yeah of course, he's already so excited."
I assured her.
"Really?"
Her eyes immediately got big, sparkling like little stars and a huge smile was plastered on her face.
"Sure!"

"Here we are!You wanna knock?"
I asked her.
"Mhh."
She took a deep breath out, her tiny body seeming to be as nervous as mine had been some days ago.Waiting for him to open the door, I took a closer look at her outfit - she had put on black jeans along with a red and white shirt, wearing her new Bad - Tour jacket over it.She looked so cute and pretty, I almost cried.
"Yes?I - Oh, hey Mira."
We were greeted by Michael's heavenly face, his curls put into a little bun.He smiled at me, soon after bowing down to Catie.
"And you must be...Catie, am I right?"
His smile turned even brighter and so did hers.
"Yes - I...love you!I'm such a big fan."
She suddenly gave him a big hug, her cheeks turning red.
"Oh, I love you more!"
He said through giggles.Then he grabbed her by her tiny waist, lifting her up and carrying her into his suite with me following both of them.He placed her down on the ground again.
"That's a cool jacket you've got here."
He chuckled.
"Yeah - it's from you!"
He gasped, acting all surprised.
"Really?Oh that's great!So you're a big fan?"
"YESS!I love all of your songs, they're so amazing."
"Thank you, it means a lot coming from you."
He gave me a warm and happy look, making me smile instantly.
"May I ask you what your favorite song is?"
She put her finger on her chin and the other hand into her hips.
"Hmm...I think - Dirty Diana is great!"
Ouh perfect Catie - a song every child should be singing to!
He looked at me as I just shrugged my shoulders, smiling at her silliness.
"That's - a good song, I like that one a lot too!"
He smiled and so did she.Kneeling down to her, Michael adjusted is black button up shirt.
"How old are you Catie?"
"I'm 5 years old."
She said, holding 4 fingers up.He giggled, putting her thumb up too.She looked at her hand and then at him.
"Oh yeah!Forgot about that one."
She slapped her forehand, laughing.
"Oh uhh, is it okay if I let you two alone for a couple of minutes?I need to get something real quick."
I still had his jacket from yesterday's night and wanted to return it back to him, although I really thought about just keeping it...
"Yeah sure, we'll be fine!"
Catie quickly answered.I looked at Michael, only to find him nodding his head and smiling at me.
"She's right, it's ok..."
"Great, I'll be back in a minute."
I said, turning around to exit the room.While I did so, I could Catie hear talking to him.
"I really love your hair though, it's so curly!It looks funny.I wish I'd have it too!"
Ouh Catie - I just wish her to always stay that easy and happy...
I quietly closed the door, walking down the long corridor.

10 minutes later...
I carefully turned the doorknob, taking a step inside the suite again.With his jacket in one hand, I walked towards the couches, only to see Catie - braiding his hair?I immediately started giggling at the truly adorable sight.
"Hey you two, how's everything going?"
I asked with Michael looking up at me since he had placed himself on the ground in front of the couch, Catie sitting on it to create a hairstyle.
"Good.Look!I'm braiding his hair..."
She exclaimed.
"Yeah...I - I see."
I walked around the couch to examine his braided hair.
"Oh, I'm ready!You wanna see it?"
She asked him, putting the last hair tie around one of his many braids.
"Yeah sure!Wait I-"
He stood up and headed towards the bathroom as we followed him.
"It - It looks really...special.And-"
He turned around to us.
"I like it!"
Catie then clapped her hands, smiling brightly at him.
"That's so cool!"
She jumped up and down.
"Oh, now you're gonna braid my hair too!"
"Catie, I'm - I'm sure he-"
I tried to tell her that the king of pop surely had more important things to do but was interrupted by Michael soon after.
"No it's fine, really!I just - I can't braid to be honest."
"Whaaat?"
Catie and I practically shouted in unison, making all of us laugh at the same time.
"You never learned how to braid?"
I asked him, sounding like he must be crazy or something.
"Well, no...I - no I can't remember.My mother always used to do my sister's hair and - yeah.That's it really.Is it that bad?"
He asked, sounding a little confused.
"No, of course not...It's just - we'll show you how to, right Catie?"
"Yes!"
Her eyes started glistening yet again.