\.Treated With Respect./

Wednesday, - May 3, 1989

My eyes traveled over the document one last time as I examined my finished work regarding the psychic wellbeing of one patient.Taking another sip from my unfortunately already cold coffee, I let out a relieving sigh, closing the folder.Then I quickly got up from the chair I had been sitting on and walked towards the door of the office.
"Mira!Still not taking a break I see, my little workaholic?"
My head shot up immediately, hearing the voice belonging to James.
"Hey...yeah, I still need to -"
"No no no.You need to calm down for a second.It's already -"
He took a look at his watch, then back at me.
"3:10 - and you've been working ever since you arrived this morning.Come on, drink a cof-"
"But Brandon is waiting for me, I told him to visit him this afternoon because he wanted to talk to me again!"
I protested, explaining what I wanted to do since the seven years-old had asked me to do so today.
"And I'm sure he can wait 10 minutes.And besides that, I'm still your boss!"
He gave me a bright smile.
"Miriam Abelin, I officially demand you to drink tea and relax - right now."
I giggled, raising my hands in agreement.
"Ok, I'm gonna do it then."
He chuckled, running his fingers through his short hair.
"Perfect."
Then he made his way towards the small kitchen counter.
"Sugar or milk?"
"No, I like my coffee black, thank you."
Yeah, just as I like my man's dick.
Oh god, where did that come from?!
I lightly scratched my head, turning on the small tv to focuse on something different than my dirty mind.
Geez.

"...was retained in a jewelry store for being a suspicious character."
The voice of the male reporter directly caught my attention.I focused on the news show, turning the volume up a bit.
"He told them who he was, they didn't believe him - because he didn't look anything like a rock idol.Here's what happened!"
The man went on as I noticed James' head turning into my direction again.
"Oh, you -"
"Shht!"
I quickly cut him off, wanting to know what the heck has been going on with my Michael.
He slowly approached me, folding his arms as he placed himself next to me.
"Wait, this one's about MJ, right?Already heard it this morning."
I just nodded my head, giving him a quick smile before concentrating on the news report again.
"So, you already know what happened?"
I asked, looking towards him.
"Yeah, he - he was inside a jewelry store in...Simi valley I think, disguised of course.He -"
James looked at me, smiling.
"He had put on a cap and fake teeth and mustache but the cashier thought he could be a robber since he was so obviously in disguise and called the police."
I couldn't help but giggle at this point, it seems that you can't leave this man alone for a couple of days - he will just do the most craziest things!
"And then?"
"Well, -"
He approached me, handing me my cup of coffee.
"Thanks."
I gave him a quick smile, wrapping my hands around it.
"Eventually the police officers came and asked him about the incident but he was able to make clear that he was just Michael Jackson, not a robber."
"Oh god."
I laughed, shaking my head.
"Are you - a fan though?I mean of him."
His voice came from across from me, making my head look up from the table.
Ah fan?!Honey, I spent a week at Neverland Ranch.
"Mhh, probably his biggest."
I smirked at him, feeling my cheeks starting to burn.
"That's cool.My daughter likes him also.He's pretty cool - and a great role model though, especially for children."
I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Your...daughter?You have a daughter?"
I asked, wondering why he didn't tell me before.
"Yes, her name is Elaine.She's seven years old."
His facial expressions turned to something almost sad as he tried to give me a smile.
"That's nice, I - I love children.I'm sure she's very clever - if she comes after her father."
I smirked, wanting to cheer him up a bit.
"Yeah...but she's more like her...mother."
James' eyes were kept on the magazine on the table as the grip of his hand tightened around his cup.
"Are you...is everything alright?You seem so sad all of a sudden."
I explained.
"I...it's nothing - nothing, really."
He quickly sat up straight again, almost as if he's didn't want me to ask any more questions - as if he was locked and there was no way to find the key to open his doors.I lightly cleared my throat, knowing that it would be better to just leave it this way and start a new topic before the awkward silence between us would expand to a much bigger level.
"Ok, I...that was a stupid question anyway, I'm sorry."
"No, it wasn't stupid.I just - her mother, she died when Elaine was very little."
I gasped, lightly placing my hand over his.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!I really didn't mean to bring up this topic.We can - talk about something different if you -"
"Abelin.Heatherway.In my office, right now."
I suddenly heard a female voice coming from the opened door.Turning around, I realized that it was our boss, Mrs.Smat.
"Yes ma'am.We're coming."
James spoke up, getting up from his chair as I did the same, walking towards the end of the room.He gave me a calm look, shaking his head as Mrs.Smat was already on her way to her office at the other end of the corridor.
"She's mean even on a beautiful sunny day in May?"
I whispered, receiving a quick smile from him.
"Yes, even on a beautiful sunny day in May."
He repeated my sentence, looking down at me.