\.One Last Time./

Wednesday, - June 29, 1988

"Come on!Driiivee!"
I screamed inside my car, not being able to move a single centimeter because the driver in front of me didn't seem to know that you actually use a car for transport something.And besides that - I was in a hurry!It was almost 11 a.m. and I knew that Michael would be leaving in just a couple of minutes.The worst thing that could happen right now would be to miss him and not being able to say goodbye!
"Hey, congratulations!You finally learned what a car is for."
I said to myself, clapping my hands like I was crazy.Quickly passing the car, I tried to drive to the hotel as fast as I could, although the traffic remained rather stopping.

"Hey Amy.Is he already gone?"
I asked, totally out of breath for I had been running almost the entire way left to the hotel.
"You - I'm not sure to be honest...But I didn't see a big crowd leaving today.Should I go check the third floor, or-?"
I took a deep breath, holding the book I wanted to give him closer to my chest.
"No.I mean, thank you - but Imma go check myself...But thanks for telling me Amy!"
I gave her a quick smile before I headed towards the elevator.
"Much luck!"
I heard her shout after me as I turned around to blow her a kiss.

Bing!The elevator doors opened and I stepped out to jog down the long hallway.As I finally arrived at the doors belonging to his suite, I adjusted my white and violet striped top and ran my fingers through my hair.I carefully knocked on them and waited for someone - hopefully Michael - to open them and flash me again with his big smile.So I waited and waited but nothing happened.I knocked again.Still nothing.I started wondering if there'd even be someone in there...I then grabbed my bundle of keys and as I found the right on, I quickly put it into the keyhole to open the door.Taking one step into the living room, I could directly tell that there was nobody inside there because all the things Michael had been carrying with him were already gone and as I took a closer look at the furniture and walked towards his bedroom, I noticed his belongings being packed together and carried out of the suite.
It was empty.
With my head hanging down and my mind slowly realizing that he was indeed gone and I'd never see him again, I sat down on his bed and looked out of the huge windows.Letting my eyes wander around the room, the little but beautiful memories of us started playing in my head.My eyes eventually landed on the bed and the - basket filled with flowers and teddy bear?!What in the world...?
I took a closer look at it and laid the book on the bed.I wondered if this basket even was for me and if I should look what it was about or not...Then I noticed a little letter between the teddy and pink roses.I carefully took it out of the basket to read the name which was beautifully written on the envelope.

For Mrs.Abelin

Hey, that's me!I felt myself getting really excited as I opened the light blue envelope only to find a letter inside of it.I unfolded it.

Dear Mira,

I'm writing you this little letter to say
Thank You
For making me have a truly wonderful time, although it unfortunately only remained just a week.
I know that we are probably never going to see each other again but I really want you to know that you are one of the most lovely people I ever had the pleasure to meet.
So, thank you for caring so much and showing me a world I don't get to see most of the time.
I'm certain that you will make it anywhere if you continue to be such a caring and funny human being...
Much Love,
Michael Jackson

P.S.

The flowers and teddy bear are for you, I hope you like them.

I slowly put the letter back into the envelope as I noticed a tear rolling down my cheek.I couldn't tell if it was from sadness because of the fact that he was gone or if I felt so lucky to have him writing such beautiful words to me.All I knew was that I felt alone and...strange.I then quickly grabbed the letter, put it back into the basket and carried it out of his room towards the doors.I needed to get out of there before I'd suffer from a mental breakdown.
Closing the doors behind my and turning around to lock them, I carefully put the basket down on the ground next to me.Just as I put the keys back into the pocket of my lilac pants, I heard my name being shouted through the whole corridor, causing me to directly turn towards that direction.
"Michael?"
I couldn't believe my eyes.He was jogging down the hallway towards me!
"I thought you were - gone."
I said, slowly approaching him as he eventually stood in front of me.
"No!"
He smiled brightly.
"We just wanted to leave but then I saw you coming out of my suite and - yeah."
"Oh, yeah I just - I actually wanted to be here way earlier but the traffic was stocking all the way long and that's why - never mind."
I ran my fingers through my hair yet again.
"I'm so happy that I can see you again before you leave.I already thought you were gone..."
"Yeah, I also thought that I had missed you...Did you - see the basket on th-"
He asked, putting his hands into the pockets of his red bomber jacket.
"Yes I - thank you so much!That was really...sweet."
I smiled at him.
"Oh, you liked it?"
"Of course, I - oh wait, I also got something for you!"
I exclaimed, running back to the suite to unlock the doors again.
"Michaeeell!We need to go now!"
I heard Frank's voice echo through the hallway as Michael shouted back:
"Just one minute Frank!"
I quickly ran towards his bedroom and grabbed the book which I'd forgotten to pick up.Jogging through the living room again, I suddenly saw Michael already standing in the doorframe, smirking at me.
"Here.This is for you..."
I said, handing it to him.
"It's a - book about psychology.I read it probably five times - it's really interesting.And it's concentrated on the human brain and how it works...I thought you may like that."
I scratched my head, giving him a quick smile.
"Thank you so much!I make sure to start reading right when I'm sitting inside the plane."
He looked up from the book again as his brown eyes met mine.
"Good!I'm - glad you like it."
I said, both of us walking out of the room as I closed the door behind us.
"I guess you - need to go now, right?"
I said, nodding towards some of his security guards and his manger standing at the end of the long hallway.
"Yeah, I...that's right.But I - I had really much fun here!"
"Me too!"
I giggled, thinking of the things we did together.
"We will - never see each other again, right?"
I asked, giving him a weak smile for I could feel the tears already burning in my eyes.He was so much more than a superstar to me.
"I don't - you never know...There's so much we can't plan Mira!"
He said, taking my hand into his.
"Yeah, that's true..."
"Hey, you shouldn't be so sad.I love that face of yours way more when you're smiling..."
He grinned, making me instantly feel warm inside.Still I wasn't able to smile.Instead I quickly put my arms around his figure as I felt his big hands lightly pressing my back onto his chest.I closed my eyes, taking in his scent one last time.
"We will see each other again, I promise, okay?"
I said, almost whispering as I nodded into his neck.Slowly letting go of him again, my eyes met his and everything around him started to fade away.
"I'm gonna miss you Mr.Jackson."
I said, trying so desperately to hold back my tears as I saw his eyes being watery too.
"And I'll be missing you-"
He paused, taking both of my hands into his.
"Mrs.Abelin..."
And suddenly I felt my lips forming to a smile again as his did the same.
...