\.Please Don't Cry./

Sunday, - March 12, 1989

Michael's POV

Work that body
Work that body (work it to me)
Everybody (work it to me)

Sit down girl, I think I love ya
No, get up girl, show me what you can do

Supspicious,
Condition,
Pretentious,
Admission,
Persuasion,
Invasion,

All the time, I see

I tapped my pen on the wooden desk, impatient for I had been reading this part of the song for almost the tenth time and still couldn't find words that would make any sense.And it was starting to get on my nerves since that wasn't the only song where I couldn't concentrate on the writing - it was just awful.I quickly switched the papers, focusing on another song before I'd get too frustrated.

Hot legs all into the room, she's got the...
(Hot keeper...)
Netted stockings, purple panties that show,
She's got,
Fat lips, with a ring in her nose, she's got,
Busted butts, all into the seat, she's got,
I was thinkin' that she try to be mean,

And the boy

I looked up from the paper.
But Mira doesn't have a ring in her nose!
Grabbing a pencil and rubber, I quickly erased the part with the nose ring again, totally unsatisfied with my work.I wasn't able to concentrate nor did I have the feeling that any of those songs were going to be finished someday.Getting a bit angry, I growled and scratched my head.With a deep sigh, I took another paper into my hands, trying to work on that song.

She Drives Me Wild

[Verse 2]
Come to the place, shock to see
And you know damn well you know what I mean
Hot in the face, one to three
Like a pleasure trip like you've never seen
Satin lace and a paisley cut top
The girl is wasting over
'Cause she knows she looks hot
She's got position, she's got just what it takes
Got a mojo in her pocket
Got it ready just in case

[Chorus]
She's got the look
Ought to know better
She's got the look
She's driving me wild
She's got the look
Ought to know better
She's got the look
She's driving me wild

At least I had something of the middle part but that didn't help since the distraction of images of her face, hair, smile and that...hot body really started to get the best of me.And sadly these were the three and only songs I'd been working on through the last weeks.I mean, I sure have some beginnings or lines for other ones too but the topic of love and a woman and...sex - really overweighs here, clearly.
But I just can't help it - no matter what I do, she's always on my mind.Everything I write is about her and the fact that I don't know why she didn't call nor showed any signs of still thinking about me didn't turn the situation into something better.It's been over two months now and although life is keeping me pretty busy, Mira managed to stay in my memories - and it was starting to confuse me to the point where I didn't know what to do anymore.I just can't go on and pretend everything is totally fine when inside, I'm starting to die.Why didn't she call?Did I do something wrong?
"I'm such a stupid fool!"
I exclaimed, letting my body fall even more into my chair as I took a deep breath out.I need to do something, I need to know what happened.

Meanwhile in Rochester...

Mira's POV

"And then she just ran away?"
I asked Adri, taking another sip from my orange juice.
"Yes but - it was cute though.I mean she's a kid, she doesn't always know what to say."
She explained, talking about her little cousin who she just met a couple of days ago.
"She's so cute by the way, if she'd be mine - I'd probably eat her."
We laughed.
"Luckily that wont happen since cannibalism is forbidden, honey."
She winked at me, biting into her bread with honey.I then adjusted my white shirt, eating the rest of my yoghurt which I had put some berries, honey and cereals in.
"Gurl I'm so happy that we're both having our day-off tomorrow!You already know what you wanna do?"
Adri asked, adjusting her glasses.
"Well, if you got enough money I'd like to fly over to L.A. to confront that lil' boy."
I shook my head.
"Still no sign from him, hun?"
She worriedly asked as I shook my head again.
'Nope, no sign.No nothing."
She raised her eyebrows.
"That's so damn strange if you ask me!Spending so much time with you and making compliments and then just not being able to talk to you...I swear something's not right there, Mira."
"Yeah, maybe I'm the thing that isn't right here.He probably just had enough of me and was glad that I I left in the end.Our worlds are just too dif-"
"Stop it!You know damn well you're lying.He's attracted to you - every blind person would see that directly and-"
Suddenly we both heard the phone ring.
"Oh, wait - I'm gonna answer that."
I quickly got up from my chair, heading towards the telephone as I picked up the handset.
"Hello?"
I said, waiting for a voice to greet me too - but there was just silence.
"Hello...?"
I asked again, slowly this time.
"M-Mira, is this - you?"
Someone stuttered, making me raise my eyebrows for I had no clue who that was.
"Yes...who-"
Suddenly I found myself gasping, starting to realize who I was talking to.
"Michael?"
"Yes, it's - me.I...just wanted to, well - know why you-"
"How - why didn't you...oh my god!"
And before I knew it, I already felt some hot tears rolling down my cheeks as I started sobbing.It wasn't due to me feeling hurt though, I just felt so released from all the pain and mostly being in the dark that I couldn't help but cry at this moment.
"Mira, I'm...so sorry.I - I don't know what happened but...please don't cry, I..."
"But why - why didn't you answer the phone or-"
He quickly interrupted me.
"What?No, I - I didn't get any calls from you at all!I swear."
"Huh?But - but...I-"
"Wait, so...you did try to call me?"
He carefully asked.
"Of course I did!Directly after arriving here - and also through the weeks after that.But...it just didn't work out."
I explained.
"Oh - I...I'm so happy!I already thought you forgot me totally."
"I was thinking the same thing."
I giggled, wiping away my tears.
"But you...didn't use the number I gave you first, right?"
I shrugged.
"Well, I...I used the one which you wrote down on the letter when I was at the hospital after your conc-"
"Noo!Mira, that's the wrong number!Didn't I tell you that we changed that one a couple of months later due to safety?I...I even gave you the right one just before you - left."
"Ohhh, yes I - remember!I'm...ugghh - I'm so stupid!"
Suddenly I heard his giggles though the phone, making me smile instantly for I had missed this beautiful sound so much.
"You're not.I should've reminded you on that actually...I mean, I know how clumsy you are sometimes."
I lightly scratched my hair, tapping my fingers on the little table.
"Oh Michael, I really think you can't imagine how happy and blessed I feel right now.To hear from you...that's so - beautiful!I really thought you had forgotten everything about me."
Then I heard his missed sweet voice again.
"I...I told you I never could do so."
...