This Is My Life

Chapter Four

(Ella's P.O.V)

I woke up the next morning realizing what had happened the day before. I just shrugged and got out of bed. I walked In the bathroom to brush my teeth, take a shower, and all that boring stuff. I walked to the kitchen and looked through what we had in the cabinets. Too many calories, too many calories, too many calories. I sighed. I'll just skip breakfast again. I sat on the couch and grabbed my laptop. Not much later, my sister woke up and went to make coffee. "Don't you have work today?" She asked sleepily.

"No, it's sunday."

"Oh... yeah I forgot," I laughed. "Shit."

"What?"

"We're out of milk."

"Okay I'll run to the store." I closed my lap top and made my way to the table to get my wallet and put my shoes on.

"Are you sure? I can go later if you want?"

"Nah. you got them last time and I'm bored."

"Okay. Well while you're out there's a few more things we need." She wrote down some things on a sticky note and handed them to me.

"Okay I'll be back soon." I slipped the last part of my shoe on and walked out the door. The grocery store was only a block away so I walked. When I got to our conveniently small corner store I went down to where the milk was first because that was the first thing on the list. people stared at my all black clothing like I was some sort of alien but I guess I was kind of used to it by now.

I had gotten the last thing I needed and when I turned around, she was there. "Hey Ella! long time no see!"

"You never wanted to see me." I growled at the naturally skinny bitch who never had to worry about anything standing in front of me.

"You've lost a lot of weight! Probably not naturally though am I right?" She laughed.

"Thanks to you." I smiled sarcastically. She frowned and looked into my small, hand held cart.

"Oh what have we got here?" She picked up a box of chocolates I had gotten for my sister. "Chocolate? Really? you don't really need it hun." She motioned towards my stomach.

"It's for my sister." I said through gritted teeth. I clenched my fist getting ready to kick this bitch's ass.

"Yeah right. No need to lie sweetheart I know how you are. I suggest you stop trying, you'll never be like-"

"Excuse me?" Luke was suddenly behind her.

"Oh my god it's Luke Hemmings!" My bully gushed and tried to hug him. He held her back and touched her like she had a disease.

"Yeah uhm, get off me and never talk to my girlfriend like that again." We both looked at him weird as Luke pushed the slut away and put his arm around me.

"Girlfriend?" She said.

"Gir-" I started to say but Luke covered my mouth with his hand.

"Yeah. now get the fuck out of here." She scoffed.

"Not until you prove it." She crossed her arms and I looked at Luke. He looked at me, asking for permission. I sighed and shook my head yes. He kissed me and she stomped off. I pulled away from Luke and stepped back a step.

"Who was that and why was she being so mean to you?" He asked me.

"That's Jenevieve I used to go to school with her and she made my life hell. Her dad is some huge business guy and she's really rich."

"Next time I see her say shit to you I'm kicking her ass." I blushed.

"Thank you Luke," I smiled "Oh and good screen kiss. You could be an actor." We started to walk to the counter.

"You think so?" He asked.

"Totally. So, what are you doing here." He held up the bag of Starbucks brand coffee grounds that I hadn't noticed before.

"We were out of coffee." I laughed at him. "Hey, after you take that to your place," he pointed at my groceries. "You should come hang out at our house."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah absolutely. All the boys love you." He smiled sweetly.

"Well, okay." I smiled and payed for my things. "My apartment is just around the corner do you wanna come with me to put these away real quick?" I asked as we walked towards my apartment.

"Sure." Luke smiled. We walked in the building and up the stairs to my apartment.

"Sorry for the mess..." I said kicking clothes out of the way awkwardly. "I share this apartment with my sister."

"Hey don't blame it on me!" My sister yelled from the couch.

"Oh sorry Miranda," I laughed. "I didn't see you there."

"Who's this?" She asked curiously standing from the couch and walking toward us.

"This is my friend Luke." I said and gestured at him smiling.

"Hi!" She smiled. "I'm Miranda, Ella's sister as you knew..." Luke and I laughed.

"I'm gonna go to Luke's house for a bit okay? Here are the groceries," I handed her the two bags I had. "Would you mind putting them away for me?"

"Yeah go ahead," she took the bags from me. "Have fun!" She winked at us and walked away to put the groceries up. I laughed a bit and opened the door. Luke and I walked out and I shut the door back.

"So where's your house?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Right across the street." He said as he walked down the steps.

"Oh... wow really?"

"Yep, were technically neighbors!" I laughed and followed him down the steps.

"So... how olds your sister?" He asked awkwardly.

"TOO OLD FOR YOU!" I said suddenly and loudly. I covered my mouth and cleared my throat.

"I was wondering because she seems about Ashton's age..."

"Oh... yeah uh she's twenty." I said and felt my cheeks get red.

"Well, do you think she'd like Ashton?" He smiled at me and nudged me a bit with his elbow.

"Who wouldn't?" We both laughed and stopped in front of a door.

"Here we are." He smiled and opened the door.

Miranda's P.O.V

I was almost done with the groceries when I noticed the card. I picked it up and read it. "Happy birthday to someone special. Dear Miranda, I know I say this all the time but, you are the most important person in my life. thank you for saving me. mom and dad never saw the potential you had to do great things but I did and look what you've accomplished. I love you and thank you for always being there for me. Fuck mom and dad;)

I laughed and picked up the box of chocolates that was under the card. I smiled. Ella is the only person who ever cared enough to remember my birthday, yes that's including my parents. They didn't love us... we were just the fuck ups in their lives... I jumped at a knock on the door.