Friends

Chapter Eight

Luke's P.O.V

I hugged her. I rubbed her back and held onto her as if I was going to loose her, I was kind of afraid I would. You have no Idea how bad I wanted to kiss her... What? I wanted to show her that someone did indeed love her and would miss her if she was gone, like I never had. I pulled out of the hug and looked into her pain filled eyes. "Promise me?" She looked at me as if my answer was life or death and it might as well have been.

"I promise." I said without hesitation. She smiled and hugged me again, putting her head on my shoulder. I could feel her shaking. I picked her up and looked around for her room. I walked into what I expected to be her room, I mean I didn't expect her sister to like heavy metal. I sat Ella down on the bed and awkwardly started to walk out.

"Luke?" She asked softly.

"Hm?" I answered her.

"Will you stay with me?" She paused to look at me. "My sister might not be home for a few days and... I don't want to be alone." I walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge next to her.

"Yeah, of course." She smiled.

"Thanks. For everything."

"No problem," I brushed a piece of hair from her face. "What are friends for?"

"I don't think anyone's become this close of friends this fast..." She joked.

"I don't think many people have been through the things we have." I said sincerely

Ella's P.O.V

You have no idea how bad I wanted to kiss him. I know I haven't known him that long... at all but, I've never been like this with anyone. I was never really given the chance... I starred at his lips, I couldn't help it. He started to move closer to me but then retreated and sat back up straight. He cleared his throat.

"Uhm, I should probably tell the rest of the boys I'm staying over here..." He said awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah of course." I said giving him a questioning look.

"Oh wow, see they're already texting me." He laughed a bit.

"Do they know?" I asked looking down to his arm.

"Ashton does." He said simply. I nodded my head. "Hey ash," he said answering the phone. "I'm staying with Ella tonight okay? Yeah-what?! No! ASHTON. BYE!" He hung up and walked to the other side of my bed, sitting down. "He still thinks we're dating..." I laughed.

"If he knew he'd probably stop saying that."

"Well he knows about me, so he should stop."

"Does it realy make you that mad?"

"Yes!"

"Why? It doesn't bother me." I raised a brow.

"Well... I really don't know why." I could tell it was kind of uncomfortable for him to talk about.

"Uhm. Do you want to watch a movie or something? I have Adventureland." I said getting up from the bed.

"What's Adventureland?" He asked. My eyes went wide and my mouth dropped. "What?"

"I though you were an eighties wanna be like me!"

"I am!"

"Then how have you not seen Adventureland?"

"Is it an American made movie?"

"Yeah?" He just looked at me. "What?"

"Look ova deya, roight deya, deya's a toigah." He did a Steve Irwin impression.

"Oh yeah." I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He tried not to laugh too while looking at me. We both lost it.

"That was perfect!" I said while laughing. He just nodded and kept laughing. "Okay," I took a breath in and out . "Let's go into the living room to watch it. I went to my bookshelf and grabbed my favorite movie.

________

I woke up in my bed. Ugh, Luke. I thought. I argued with Luke all night about where he'd sleep. First, of course I offered my bed. Then, after he refused and said that I should sleep there because I was hurt, I offered the couch and he still said no. Why? I have no idea. After the movie I just layed down on the floor next to the couch and made Luke sleep on the couch. I guess after I fell asleep, he moved me in here. I leaned over the side of the bed to see Luke on the floor, quietly snoring. I lightly tossed a pillow on him and he stopped snoring and opened his eyes. "Hey." He said smiling at me.

"Why'd you move me up here and why didn't you at least sleep on the couch?" I asked, looking down at him.

"I moved you up there because you have bruised ribs! You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor! And I slept in here because I wanted to be close to you just in case you needed me..." He said the last part barely audible.

"You could have slept up here with me, instead of on the floor."

"I didn't want to make things awkward..."

"It wouldn't have been awkward, were friends right?"

"Yeah, of course." He said without hesitation.

"Then it wouldn't have been awkward. Now get up here." I laughed and laid on my back. I heard him get up and walk to the other side of the bed. I turned over to look at him when he laid down. "So," I started. "A lot of girls would love to date you, why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Well, none of them want to take the time to know me. They all just think I'm hot but if they knew me in the way you do now, they wouldn't like me." He sighed.

"That's what I thought about you." I quietly admitted.

"That I wouldn't like you because you have scars?" I nodded. "The truth is, I like people more when I know they've struggled. It shows they know how to treat people."

"Yeah, me too." I yawned. "Do you want to go back to sleep? I kinda do... I mean, it's only eight o' clock." I closed my eyes.

"Yeah." He yawned and then stretched. I heard his back pop along with a small,

"Ow." I laughed a bit.

"I told you, you shouldn't have slept on the floor."