On My Own

Chapter Twenty Seven

Luke's P.O.V

The ride back to the hotel was silent. I should have been crying but I just felt too numb. I starred out the window, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. Couples laughing together, kissing, hugging. There was now a constant pain in my chest. Performing was my dream, but without Ella, my life seemed unimportant and nothing could make it better. I didn't want to do this anymore.

"Hey, Luke I-" I ignored Ashton and went straight to my room when we got to the hotel. I sat, emotionless, on the hard bed. I starred at my open suitcase. I went to it and looked for the one thing that could help me right now. I starred at the little piece of metal and smirked.

"It's been a while." I took the blade to my arm and dug it deep into my skin. I flinched a little with every cut. I counted ten and moved on to the next arm, repeating the dreadful menouver. I put the blade on the bed next to me and watched the blood form in little pools on the cuts before rolling down my arms and eventually falling to the floor. I didn't care.

The door opened. I had forgotten to lock it.

Thank god it was Ashton. "Luke are-" his face went white when his eyes landed on my arms. I held my emotionless gaze as his eyes widened and he stepped in the room, quickly shutting the door behind him. "Holy shit!" He ran to the bathroom and wet a washrag that was supplied by the hotel. White, great. He came back to me and started cleaning up my mess, not bothering to ask why, he knew my reason. "Luke... Please don't kill yourself." Ashton looked up at me while still, repeatedly wipping my arms. I noticed he had started crying.

"Wasn't planning on it." I sighed. Ashton was in a full on crying fit. His breathing was all screwed up and he could barely speak.

"Y-you're-re my b-bes-st frie-end," He sniffed. "I-I don't know w-what I'd do without y-you." He took a deep breath in and out to try and calm himself.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna t-tell them." His voice had stableized a bit and my eyes narrowed at him.

"You are not going to tell them." I said sternly.

"They're your best friends Luke!" He snapped at me. "They deserve to know!"

"Do you want to make my life worse?" I stood in front of him. "Because frankly, if it does get worse, I might just kill myself." I furiously walked to the bathroom, rag in hand, to try and get the blood out of it.

"Ella does too doesn't she?" I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. He had risen from the bed and was slowly walking towards me.

"N-no. No she doesn't." I continued to clean out the rag.

"You can't lie to me Luke, I can see right through you," I slammed the rag in the sink and leaned against it. "She does. That's why you didn't want her to leave so badly," I grew weaker with every word he said. "Because without you, she might-"

"Don't say it!" My voice craked with tears as I pointed at him. I sunk to the floor and leaned against the wall. I hugged my legs and rocked back and forth, burrying my head into my knees as I began crying. I felt Ashton's presence next to me, trying to calm me down.

"You really love her don't you?" He rubbed my back.

"Yes!" I sobbed. "I love her more than anything and I think Ryan just made me loose her for good!" I cried harder at the thought of Ella dying.

"Come on get up." I looked up to see Ashton standing.

"What are we doing?" I asked. Ashton held his hand out for me to take.

"You love her?" He pulled me up.

"Yeah." I said more strongly than I thought I could.

"Then were gonna go get her." Ashton narrowed his eyes.

"But Ryan said-"

"I don't give a FUCK what Ryan said!" He exploded, his power making me flinch. "You love her right?" He asked again. I was confused at his question because he had just asked me.

"Yeah." I said a little louder than before.

"Then let that fucker kick us out."

_________________

Ella's P.O.V

I landed in L.A a couple hours later, It was raining... And it was midnight, great. I grabbed my things and stepped into the rain. I didn't care that it messed up my hair, I didn't care that it was ruining my things, I didn't care. I wondered where I would go. I had about sixty bucks and no job, I didn't have a computer to do schooling, and I had no where to go.

I was numb.

The rain pouring down on me didn't phase me. The walk from L.A.X to my old apartment complex would only be about twenty minutes so that's where I decided to go. Maybe they would give me a discount for recently living there. I had to try, what else was I supposed to do?

I finally reached the apparent complex, soggy and still numb. I walked in the place, the only sound was my shoes squishing caused by the amount I water in them, and the light sound of rain hitting the roof. "Can I speak to Mase please?" I asked quietly to the young man at the front desk.

"Uh... Sure." He said and walked into the room beind him. A short time later the white haired man in his late sixties came out and sighed.

"What are you doin' here Ella." He didn't quite phrase it as a question.

"I was wondering if you would rent me out an apartment for maybe a cheaper price?" I asked shyly.

"Really?" He leaned towards me a bit. "You destroy one of my apartments, never show up again, and then expect me to rent you another apartment two months later."

"I'm sorry, I know." I didn't really have much else to say.

"Just get out of here Ella." He walked off, back to the room he came out of. I didn't beg him. Why should I? It's not any use, I've cause him enough hell. I walked out of the apartment building and looked around for somewhere to go. I looked across the street at the boys house. It looked sad, un welcoming, in the darkness and rain. I thought maybe I could stay with miss Marlow but I should probably just stay away from that building for a while. I saw a motel 8 sign in the distance and started walking towards it.

"Hey, whore." I turned slowly, I knew who it was but I didn't want to beleive it.

Jenevieve.

I stayed silent. "What's the matter? Did Lukey leave you all alone?" She smirked and slowly walked closer to me. "It was only a matter of time really. We all need to take the trash out sometimes." She played with her nails.

"Haven't you done enough?" She looked away from her perfectly manicured nails and gave me a dirty look. "What could you possibly do to me now? You've taken everything from me. Just leave me the hell alone." I turned and started to walk away.

"You'll always be weak!" She screamed the insult at me. I stopped and turned to face her once again. "Ooooh, gained some courage there Ella?" I punched her in the face and watched her body fall to the ground, the umbrella she was holding falling out of her hand. I bent down to her face which she was covering with her hands.

"I will never listen to some prissy ass bitch who can only depend on her rich father to survive," I stood and remembered what Luke had said. "I am not weak. I am more tough than most people in the world. I break down in front of the people who have lived it because I know they understand. You are weak and you will never understand. I'm really sorry for you Jenevieve. You've never felt a human emotion in your life."

She lay there shaking as I walked away to the motel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END IS NEAR, AS I SAID IN THE LAST AUTHORS NOTE. KEEP READING GUYS. I LOVE YOU!

-TheCurlyOnesMinexx