chapter 1

Iris Penelope Williams POV
It all started with the foggy pouring rain.

I rolled my eyes couple of times at the sky as it could summon the grey clouds away. But it didn't work after all. Let me tell you something about raining, not about that first spring rain which makes you want to run down the muddy paths screaming, ignoring the fact how you got your brand new cloths all covered in mud, nor about that icy rain which pours down right after the winter which makes you stand in a bus stop like a wet hen.

It's about a typical summer rain but yet like every other rain which makes everything become more tedious than ever, more struggle to catch the bus at the last minute,more mopping, more muddy foot steps, more visitors and more wet umbrellas.
That's it. I'm just another waitress in the French corner. I left a small sigh out after moping the floor for the third time of the day.

I always loved to get lost in my dramatic thoughts whenever I'm working through out the day. It makes me feel safe and sound. But if this bloody gloominess is going to hang around for a while, i don't know whether I'll be able to keep my sanity or not.

I've been working in the French corner restaurant for two years. After 2 years of college i had to make a choice to drop out or make a living. being 20 and homeless isnt easy.

"Iris can you hurry up? Mr. Stonewood is here" Melissa rushed away with a panicked voice. Breaking away from my bubble of thoughts i started mopping the entrance with all the strength i have.

The marble floor was already slippery. This wouldn't be a this much hectic if our grumpy manager was a little be less penny pinching. But he refused to buy a hoover saying rubbish.

I could hear his voice over loud thuds talking to the chef de cuisine. He must be getting really near now. And the entrance is still wet.
"Oh boy,oh boy ..."i wiped some sweat dripping through my cheeks. Why do i have to sweat like in a hot summer day when the rain is already pouring down?Now he's almost near. I tried my best to wipe the soap water although i was dead knackered . And took mop and the bucket in my hand and hid behind the marble pillars of the caff.

"I want to reduce the kitchen wastage. I can't feed my whole income to that cleaning service,can I?Are we clear?" He stated wandering his eagle eyes all around the area.
Michael, the chef sighed without even trying to answer him. It was not not needed anyway.

blimey ,please don't let him see..i prayed silently.

"And one more thing... "He stopped at the edge of the step looking back at Michael before stepping into his Ford.

And then one of the most unfortunate things i had to witness in my life happened.  Mr. Grumpy aka Stonewood missed the step.
.
.
.
And landed on his back on the wet floor......only if this was not a rainy day....only if the floor was not wet ......things could have gone different...
Thudd!

I was already numb and dumbstruck in horror with my mouth half open.
Seeing Mr Stonewood getting his arse over tit didn't make me paralyzed after all. It was his ungodly hair which made my mouth fall open.
The hair..... Oh i mean the wig according to this sudden realization was gloriously fallen down,and was soaked in shambles.

However after coming back to his senses Michael ran towards the mourning manager.

"Sir are you fine ?"
"Do i look fine? bloody bollocks" Mr. grumpy screamed in a whining voice.
Although i was gutted i found courage to walk down to them.The others co workers were starting to gather around. I slowly collected his wet wig from the ground and went near him.this might be my last chance to bodge this.
He must be really embarrassed now. Because it seems like mr. Stonewood wanted to hide his bold head from the whole world. 
Few of the coworkers had already made him stand on his two legs.
God have mercy...