chapter 8

"We are going to a party tonight"

"What the hell?"
"I mean sir, what do you mean?"

"Nothing.. just you are my date tonight" he said with a not-a-big-deal bored expression.

"But sir i...i really don't feel like attending...like..there will be very  influential and high class people..i won't fit in. Can't you find a proper date?"

"It's Kenneth Iris, just Kenneth. Actually i don't want a clingy woman to mess around, well not tonight and there's no going back you are coming with me. Bye love"

"But, but sir i don't have...."

There stood i, with my mouth half open,just like the day i met him first.

What did he say? That he wants to attend a party with me?

This morning he asked me, not to be formal around him saying that he prefer first name basis.

I was worried. What should I do
In a crowd of rich and pretty people? I really don't belong to Kenneth's society. Well not anymore exactly.

Who's going to dress me up like Cinderella's godmother?

Well that's a good question. I really don't have any pretty clothes in my wardrobe. Well the fact is i never had a wardrobe after all.

For the first time in my life i wanted to look good for someone. And that someone was Kenneth. I sighed.

"Hello there,well I'm Pamela. Oh, this must be Iris." A ravishing beautiful girl came through the kitchen door like it's the most normal thing to see a stranger coming through your door.

I turned back and looked at her.

"Well i know you are surprised. Mr. Jackson sent me. You know about the party tonight don't you? I'm going to be your stylist." She chirped while clapping her hands like a child.

"How, how did you get here?"

"Oh that, the chauffeur picked me. Now let's not waste time."

She just grabbed me out of the house even without giving me a time to think.

So later on we were haunting down several high class shops and bouquets. Pamela dressed me up in more than twenty dresses until she got satisfied with a maroon color mermaid dress.
I was too tired to protest or say anything after all. My legs were hurting. But i loved the dress as it didn't show any cleavage or thighs. Okay i really didn't compliment that beautiful dress after all. It was breathtaking. I slowly brushed my fingers through the fabric.

"What are you thinking?"

"Well Pamela i don't have money to by this it's too expensive." I said in a low voice.

"Oh that"Pamela said waving her hands like it's not a big deal.

"Well Mr. Jackson gave his card. So basically we can buy the whole bouquet if you want." She said dreamingly.

"Oh hurry we have to buy you some sexy lingeries " and she dragged me again while i was trying to run the other side.

Pamela was good but when it comes to fashion she was very demanding. She insisted that i have to buy that red thong and lacy bra which was barely there.

Am i given another choice?

Well no.

Then we went through some spas for manicures, pedicures and stuff.

I was more like mummified.
****

Half past six.

And Pamela was applying some bronzing power in my cheeks saying that it's needed to contour my diamond shaped face.

"Hmn done!"

"So can i have a look?" I asked impatiently.

"Well go ahead"

I rushed to see my one self from the full length mirror.

I gasped.

I didn't see my shallow skinny figure. I saw an elegant slim figure with full of charisma instead. The dress tucked nicely in to my hips, my lips were radiant red,eyes were glittery .i looked pretty.

"Pamela... It's beautiful. I don't know how to thank you. I thought I'll never be able to look representable tonight." I hugged her without thinking.

"Hey hey girl you already look beautiful. I just highlighted your beauty tonight. And now stop smudging my masterpiece." She said dramatically.

"But.. Will they accept me?"

"What do you mean? who's going to refuse a charming lady. tonight Mr. Jackson and the other lads are going to have a tough time winning your attention." She clapped her hands.

I didn't say anything. I felt butterflies and checked the time.

"Is Iris ready?" Kenneth rushed to the room.

I looked down doubting his reaction. In the corner of my eye i saw Pamela having a toothy grin to herself.

"Well... You look breathtaking."

"Do i?" I snapped hopefully.

"Well not exactly."

"Oh" i paused feeling the nervousness.

"No i mean.... Iris you look hypnotizing." Kenneth said eyeing me down from head to toe.

"It's all because of Pamela" i said looking at her.
"That's my duty you know"

"Still i want to thank you"

"Hmnn Iris let me escort you to the limo."

I nodded. Wait did he say a limo?
Never in my life i have ridden a limo. I felt excited like a kid.

The ride was amazing. Sometimes i felt sad about the working class, which i belonged myself for not having luxury. The gap was too huge. But in the end of the day what mattered most was what you did so far, for humans' sake.

I felt Kenneth's hand drawing circles on my hips. For the first time of my life i felt comforted in the arms of a male.

Finally we arrived. My nervousness evoked again.

"Hey are you alright?" He asked knowingly.

I just nodded.

"Hey they are all humans babygirl. I don't think there will be any monsters tonight" he said playfully.

I just smacked his hand and got down.

So Iris this is what a seven star hotel's grand ballroom looks like..

Kenneth kept his hand on my waist all the time knowing my thoughts. Few males watched us with distance and for my curiosity some ladies glared at me. I felt embarrassed. Attention wasn't something that i got used to.

I know i was tucked to a handsome bachelor but it's not my fault that he's not letting me go.

I was slowly getting mad at Kenneth. He shouldn't brought me here. And on the other hand the party he told me turned out to be a ball it self.

"Hey is it okay if i go and try some drink?" I asked with hesitation. He nodded without a word. I felt that i was bothering his business conversations so it was a relief.

I was trying some coke tail drink giving some imaginary toast when i felt someone's presence behind my back.

For no reason i felt shivers on my back.